Thread: Ableton has free support and tutorials, right??

Thanks

Ableton has free support and tutorials, right??

Sign in to disable this ad
    So, since I have been a member of this forum, I have answered many an amateur (read, I never went through the awesome included tutorials or took advantage of the awesome technical assistance ableton offers) questions in this section of the forum, with no reply, thanks that worked, or no, still couldn't figure it out...

Pretty much what I'm trying to say is, if you have a legit, even an included with hardware lite version of ableton, you are able to tap into their amazing support services (you need a serial number)

Isn't part of paying dues in our industry paying for your DAW? I mean, there are plenty of quality free DAWs out there, such as Ardor, which I used for quite some time. Shit, Ableton allows you to download a fully usable version of their software for an unlimited timeframe, the only stipulation is you can't save, and even that is able to be bypassed if you have a re-wire program such as Jack... So, is it even necessary to have this part of the forum? Knowing all of this, the only reason I have answered questions in the Ableton portion is to raise my posts to get that annoying newbie badge out from under my user name... any thoughts?
    Last edited by fetuslasvegas; 01-25-2013 at 12:55. Reason: i forgot to put FREE!!
    MacPro 8 core,Ableton Suite 8,Samsung SyncMaster S24B30BL,JBL LSR2325P,AKG K240 Studio,Mackie ONYX Blackjack,Blue Snowball,Numark PT-01,Akai APC40,M-Audio Oxygen25,Akai MPD16

Thanks
    i remember buying the entire Ableton Groove 3 tutorial set for $2.99 in a sale....covered everything, that and the fact that Live is one of the few DAWs that actually comes with a paper manual...how decadent

this is a mainly trad instrument site, Live is the weapon of choice of mainly electronic musicians...

saying that i use six hardware synths with Live and its pretty shit...Id jump ship but its such a great arrangement tool i develop workarounds to get through midi timing issues
    Quote Originally Posted by jimistone View Post
    you scare me.
    Album My Soundcloud page

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
    i develop workarounds to get through midi timing issues
    wordclock????
    MacPro 8 core,Ableton Suite 8,Samsung SyncMaster S24B30BL,JBL LSR2325P,AKG K240 Studio,Mackie ONYX Blackjack,Blue Snowball,Numark PT-01,Akai APC40,M-Audio Oxygen25,Akai MPD16

Thread Information