Abelton Live Thom Yorke

You may be able to get something passable using Operator...but these are pretty expensive pieces of analog kit...I have a moog and the prophet and I reckon youd be better off with something like u-he's Diva if you want something more authentic though it eats CPU for snacks so your PC better be powerful, but its is the pinnacle of virtual analog...another obvious route would be to look for a moog, or prophet in a software emulation...I have the minimoog from arturia, its pretty decent, NI's Pro53 was excellent but has been discontinued, arturia also have the Prophet V but I have no experience of it

do experiment with Operator first...its the best of Live synths imo

I see what you mean. If you told me it was done in Ableton, with my limited experience, I would believe you. What I have been tinkering with is Sound Design, and it is quite amazing what you can produce with saw wave and a little noise; and simpler. Google / You Tube Sound Design and you'll see what I mean. I think I may buy the album... who knows. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

yeah a simple wave is the basis of all sound....

Welsh's synthesizer cookbook is a great intro into sound design...itll get you started on most of the apsects

this is a great intro into ADSR envelopes too

Back