Young and old...

WhiteStrat

Don't stare at the eye.
I know I haven't been real active on this board for a long time, but it's still one of my favorite places on the internet. I may not post much anymore, but I stop in and read the latest every single day. Whether you know it or not, I know most of you by name, and I feel like you're old friends.

One of my favorite things about this place is the mix of young and old--and everything in between. Until today, I'd always considered myself part of the "everything in between."

But now, at the young age of 48, I'm officially old. Today, I became a grandpa. My daughter (who is 29--yep, do the math, I was 19 when she was born), gave birth to a beautiful daughter, Piper Jane.

So while I feel like I'm just now hitting my stride as an adult, I'm also a grandparent. It was a long day, and there were some complications. What was supposed to be a natural childbirth turned into a near emergency C-section. But my daughter is doing fine, and my granddaughter is perfect.

I think this whole experience might prompt me to write and record a song or two, and then I'll be back in the clinic. But if not, I just wanted to stop in and share the good news with some old friends.

It's good of you to pop in.

Enjoy being a grandpa . . . it's great fun . . . and very subversive.

My daughter too had complications with her first, and after a very long labour, had a C. But all ended well, as it did for her second.

Congrats dude! I watch my mom be a grandma and to me that's the way to go. She gets to have all the fun with the kids, then give them right back. Grandparents get the good times, and leave the shit part of it for the regular parents. What a sweet deal! Enjoy.

I know I haven't been real active on this board for a long time, but it's still one of my favorite places on the internet. I may not post much anymore, but I stop in and read the latest every single day. Whether you know it or not, I know most of you by name, and I feel like you're old friends.

One of my favorite things about this place is the mix of young and old--and everything in between. Until today, I'd always considered myself part of the "everything in between."

But now, at the young age of 48, I'm officially old. Today, I became a grandpa. My daughter (who is 29--yep, do the math, I was 19 when she was born), gave birth to a beautiful daughter, Piper Jane.

So while I feel like I'm just now hitting my stride as an adult, I'm also a grandparent. It was a long day, and there were some complications. What was supposed to be a natural childbirth turned into a near emergency C-section. But my daughter is doing fine, and my granddaughter is perfect.

I think this whole experience might prompt me to write and record a song or two, and then I'll be back in the clinic. But if not, I just wanted to stop in and share the good news with some old friends.

Congrats whitey and good to see you about...

Being old has nothing to do with being a granddad, my dad is a granddad 19 times and a great grandad and he plays golf three times a week and drove 350 miles to stay over Christmas with us. Went to the Premiership football with his Grandson at west ham just like he used to take me, taught my other boy how to swing a golf club, helped me cook the turkey, drank half my beer and more than half a bottle of brandy with me and didn't slur a word.

He's 83..

You have many years of fun ahead. I envy you...:)

Congrats, Whiteness.

Grand-children are god's reward for not having killed your kids all those times you wanted to. :D

Congrats, Whiteness.

Grand-children are god's reward for not having killed your kids all those times you wanted to. :D

:laughings:

yeah... pretty much.

Congrats man. Very good to know that mom and peanut are doing well. My wife ended up with emergency C's on both my kids but everyone's fine.

wait.... ya counted the fingers and toes, right? No odd numbers?

I'll tip a beer in your general direction after work. :drunk:

Congrats again, good sir. ;)

Im 48 next month and only just began the journey of having children, now youve came full circle Bob!

you look about the youngest grandpa I know!

Congratulations Brother!

Welcome to the bonus round! Quite an amazing part of the journey.

Back