Without bound...An interesting documentary on NOT living in a traditional home or apartment

TAE

All you have is now
Have to admit the idea of wherever I am, I am... does have it's allure.
Then again that I am where I am and get to do what I get to do doesn't suck hardly even a little bit.

Have to admit the idea of wherever I am, I am... does have it's allure.
Then again that I am where I am and get to do what I get to do doesn't suck hardly even a little bit.

To be honest, if I had the bucks to get me a Class-C motorhome, I'd be out there with him.

I've seen a lot of his stuff. I follow some vanlifers on youtube. He's not my favorite. He's a borderline doomsday survivalist at times. He thinks if the world goes to hell in a handbasket, being mobile is the way to be, instead of stuck in one location. What he fails to take into account is that if that scenario arises, he's not going anywhere because there won't be any gas. And then instead of stuck inside a concrete or brick building, he'll be sitting in the middle of nowhere in a tim can with no food or water or ability to communicate with anyone else.

And I'm too much of a hoarder to live in my van, but if I had a hightop I could see traveling the country for a month or two at a time in it.

To be honest, if I had the bucks to get me a Class-C motorhome, I'd be out there with him.
I thnik a class B would fit better for what I want to do. Class C gets to the point of being hard to find a place to park it sometimes, and harder to drive.

It's an eye opener...I haven't watched the whole thing but in thinking it through I'm wondering how many of them have kids and grandkids. It is a choice I guess... I get a kick traveling and seeing the world but I love coming home to family and enjoying this tiny window of time when the grand kids are still kids and actually enjoy hanging out with the wife and I.
On the minimalist lifestyle the non consumer thing and living off of under a $1000 a month I admire it, I get it but I sure can't keep my supplemental Medicare, life and car insurance and live off of $500...OH wait Phone, Internet make that $400 to live off of... kinda tight.

Thousands doing it in vans, trucks, barges , boats, tiny eco houses, truck containers. Been going on for years all over Youtube............where have you been?

Thousands doing it in vans, trucks, barges , boats, tiny eco houses, truck containers. Been going on for years all over Youtube............where have you been?
Said the straight man, to the late man, where have you been?
I've been here and, I've been there and, I've been in between

I remember being @ 19 living out of my 55 chevy wagon for a month or so. All the windows in the back were blacked out, back seats laid down, 3" foam with black shag. Had a piece of framed art hung on the headliner getting stoned, and having some youthful carnal fun listening to this album, ...magical free spirit times. Fucking brilliant album that set a high bar in songwriting....AND engineering and production...what a great album

Last edited:
Said the straight man, to the late man, where have you been?
I've been here and, I've been there and, I've been in between

I remember being @ 19 living out of my 55 chevy wagon for a month or so. All the windows in the back were blacked out, back seats laid down, 3" foam with black shag. Had a piece of framed art hung on the headliner getting stoned, and having some youthful carnal fun listening to this album, ...magical free spirit times. Fucking brilliant album that set a high bar in songwriting....AND engineering and production...what a great album

Yeah, THAT was an awesome album. Greg and the lyricist made a great team. The prog Elton and Bernie.

Reactions: TAE
Back