Why so many "Visitors" and so few "Members"?

I think sometimes the mods have given into bad motives.

For example, long ago a few assholes decided they wanted to end all political conversation on HR and in the Cave. I can name names if you like but those people were eventually banned anyway. Nevermind that they could have simply stopped clicking on those threads or avoided those subforums. They wanted control. So they deliberately behaved poorly in political threads, and as a direct result the mods gave them everything they wanted and shut down all political conversation.

More recently, if you post a Republican thread it is left alone, even if you are spreading dangerous lies about COVID that are getting people killed. But if you post an anti-Trump thread, the conservatives get butthurt and act uncivil, and so the thread they hate gets shut down.

So again, the people exhibiting poor behavior get precisely what they want.
:oops::-):LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:8-)

Of course IBB you have never ever stretched the truth at anytime about anything have you?

Why not ban Politics full stop? It's always American and not applicable to others. Besides it annoys 50% of the people, a great way to lose friends and gain enemies or at the very least clear a pub.

I thought musicians only talked about sex drugs and rock n roll anyway?:-)

I think sometimes the mods have given into bad motives.

For example, long ago a few assholes decided they wanted to end all political conversation on HR and in the Cave. I can name names if you like but those people were eventually banned anyway. Nevermind that they could have simply stopped clicking on those threads or avoided those subforums. They wanted control. So they deliberately behaved poorly in political threads, and as a direct result the mods gave them everything they wanted and shut down all political conversation.

More recently, if you post a Republican thread it is left alone, even if you are spreading dangerous lies about COVID that are getting people killed. But if you post an anti-Trump thread, the conservatives act uncivil, and so the thread they hate gets shut down.

So again, the people exhibiting poor behavior get precisely what they want.
This. Exactly. Thank you. It didn't used to be like this.

:oops::-):LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:8-)

Of course IBB you have never ever stretched the truth at anytime about anything have you?

Why not ban Politics full stop? It's always American and not applicable to others. Besides it annoys 50% of the people, a great way to lose friends and gain enemies or at the very least clear a pub.

I thought musicians only talked about sex drugs and rock n roll anyway?:-)
Because some users like to discuss those topics. I don't, but some people do. So why not just create another sub? It's free. It's too late now because they already banned political threads completely but right leaning ones are fine.

Ok, this is why the forum, or at least the off-topic here, is dead/dying.
The last handful of posts are completely ridiculous but it's how you want it so, enjoy.

I think its nice they dont mind politics being discussed on this base.. Alot of sites frown on ANY POLITICS because of how HOT they can be.....

Because some users like to discuss those topics. I don't.
You're right. Some users do like to discuss those topics. For the most part, discussions have been civil. That's not to say that at times discussions have become overheated. The moderators have adeptly dealt with political threads that evolved into personal attacks. The moderator team here at HR has done a great job.

The fact that YOU don't like discussing "those topics" doesn't give you the right to slyly and underhandly attempt to submarine the existence of Prime Time.

That leaves you with two options:

1) Ignore political threads.
2) Start your own forum.........again.

The fact that YOU don't like discussing "those topics" doesn't give you the right to slyly and underhandly attempt to submarine the existence of Prime Time.

That leaves you with two options:

1) Ignore political threads.
2) Start your own forum.........again.
What? I have no problem with anything that goes on here. Including the content of threads. And secondly, A&A is still active and will certainly outlast HR at this pace. There's a reason you can't see it. And I'm not talking about your cataracts.

Ha, cataracts! I see what you did there. That's some funny stuff. Kinda reminiscent of the good old days here at HR, the good times and camaraderie. Of course there was that time that kid got all upset and was going to throw himself off a bridge, or some such hysterics. But hey, if he can't take a joke. Well, it was a bunch of jokes, camaraderie jokes from the awesomely cool lot who for some reason you just don't see around here anymore. It's kind of sad to see 'em go, innit? I wonder where they got off to?

Reactions: TAE
Back