What's goin' on with everybody

Do people still use guitar amplifiers? Don't they bluetooth it to their iPhone app? Then to TikTok..

vintage equipment should be 'Worth'.
In the past, things were "used" and as such were worth about 50-70% of what a new unit cost. Then they became "vintage" and are worth 50-1000% more than a new unit. That's economics for you!

I have a classic thrity, an old Ampeg Gemini II, an old Ampeg Echo twin, a Magnatone M15, a Pulse 15 watt head, the Marshal, a Peavey Mark IV and III....
What about the RP-7 from Digitech. Made in the USA.

RP7a.jpg
Tube preamp( based on the GFX-1 TwinTube). Full effects. Infra-red wah / ccv pedal. Hard steel platform. Licensed Whammy tech. Analog circuits. Just before that modeling bullshit started. Clean on the input side as the output (front panel is governed via Output and Presence). Its got 100 Volts on the tube plate with a real transformer. The circuit is ground side switched. Nothing in the way. NOT EVEN A POWER SWITCH. (In all capitals because its important.)
A hidden gem, that's a diamond in the rough. Its, kinda ok..prolly $75 bucks.

https://whyp.it/tracks/80698/what-a-piece-of-junk?token=T3xPw

Last edited:
What about the RP-7 from Digitech. Made in the USA.
View attachment 127205

Tube preamp. Full effects. Infra-red wah / ccv pedal. Hard steel platform. Licensed Whammy tech. Just before that modeling bullshit started. Clean on the input side(front panel is governed via Output and Presence). Input circuit is sooo clean, albeit a 100 Volt step up for the tube's plate with a real transformer. The circuit is ground side switched. It is so clean and pure. NOT EVEN A POWER SWITCH. In all capitals because its important.
A hidden gem, thats a diamond in the rough. Its, kinda ok..prolly $75 bucks.
I use individual pedals. I don't find those as versatile for live performances which was most of what I did.

I place nothing in front of the preamp input.

Versatile for live performance? What, in the middle of the gig, you are going start fartin around with all the lil' knobs...gimme a break. A bank'd preset. Set it, and forget it.

Man. You just can't trust anyone these days. . .

Our PBS stations are running their never ending fund raising marathons and last night one station aired nostalgic British rock music. One segment was Denny Laine doing a couple old tunes with some kind of band, maybe a tribute band or makeup band, IDK. Anyway. . . During the performances, the cameras switched from this angle to that angle every freakin' 1.0 - 2.0 seconds (drives me nuts) so we get to see close-up shots of players doin' their thing. Trouble was, they were all fakin' their thing - on both of the songs.

They're on a large stage in a large theater with a massive audience and everyone is freakin' MIMING! Now why would Denny Laine be lip-syncing and miming guitar to his own material to a live audience? I'm not guessing about this, it was seriously obvious while watching. Drum hits were not matching, Laine's mouthing of lyrics that weren't there, guitar player's playing not matching up to the music..

What's goin' on here?

Not PBS's fault obviously. They're just broadcasting something put out. A few nights ago, I watched the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band concert from the Ryman Auditorium. I think it was mostly the DVD that they give away if you join their donor list.

I place nothing in front of the preamp input.

Versatile for live performance? What, in the middle of the gig, you are going start fartin around with all the lil' knobs...gimme a break. A bank'd preset. Set it, and forget it.
I have been through both setups a couple of time and finally settled on the individual pedals. I have found that when I use the all in one and set it at home, when I get to a different room I have to tweak it. Now I have to wade through parameters etc. With individual pedals I just have to reach down and turn a knob. I have played on stage for over fifty years and have found individual pedals to be superior in sound and ease of use. One other thing, if the rig goes down, you lose everything. If one of my pedals goes down I still have all the others. Digitech is okay, but I wouldn't even buy one of their individual pedals.

Why do they put knobs and little screens on devices at your feet? This is so stupid.
Better to have just footswitches and pedals at your feet, and knobs, buttons, and screens higher up, so you don't need to grovel on the floor.

Man. You just can't trust anyone these days. . .
They're on a large stage in a large theater with a massive audience and everyone is freakin' MIMING! Now why would Denny Laine be lip-syncing and miming guitar to his own material to a live audience?

I suspect.....The video was live footage, the audio was an edited version that was input later. Check out this video that I was watching on a tune we are going to incorporate in Brent's show...First off the audio is a step up from what the keyboard player is playing in the video He's playing in C but the audio is C#..At the end the riffs he is playing no way match up with the audio version.

I suspect.....The video was live footage, the audio was an edited version that was input later. Check out this video that I was watching on a tune we are going to incorporate in Brent's show...First off the audio is a step up from what the keyboard player is playing in the video He's playing in C but the audio is C#..At the end the riffs he is playing no way match up with the audio version.

Watching the drummer at around the 1:00 mark he's nowhere near the song.

I had planned to spend today mucking about with my new Ampeg VST bass plugin, but.. nooOOoooo. . .a.jpg

Our apartments are subject to frequent safety inspections, and yesterday everyone received a 24HR notice of repairs and inspections to our fire alarm systems. I don't feel comfortable having strangers roaming about my place eyeing all my goodies, especially any of my guitars, so I kept everything stashed away. There was no time listed for their inspections so I've been NOT playing music all day as I awaited their arrival at any moment. Well they haven't shown and it's getting to be late afternoon so I'm writing them off.

I did take this freed up time to file my taxes.

The End

Back