What's goin' on with everybody

Damn you, all to hell :laughings:
Thats Kirk Douglass... er no sorry.... Charlton Heston at the end of Planet of the Apes when he sees the Statue of Liberty in the forbidden zone by the sea of the world that has been destroyed by humans, isnt it ? Xxxxx

Love ya Spantini xxxx

What's going on...

Haven't felt well. It's been going on since right around Christmas. Actually periodically for years. My stomach, my back right around the kidneys, shooting pains elsewhere, headaches, malaise in general. Just toxicy feet.
Sounds like Lycanthropy.

Sounds like Lycanthropy.

You know, I hadn't considered that. Now that you mention it, no, probably not.

It's a beautiful day, a little chilly, but beautiful. I've thoughts of squirrel hunting for some odd reason. What goes up must come down, so maybe attempt the kill closer to ground, after dark, moonlight allowing.

I have tennis elbow. I am wearing one of those straps. It is actually helping. When I take it off my arm looks like Popeyes.

My left arm looked like that from years of playing bass. Got more pronounced when I began utilizing my pinkie.

I went to the weed store and bought weed. It's very odd not being a criminal anymore. I am going to have to find another way.

Just tried using the UK government 'You can do it all online' website to check my state pension contributions.
They insisted I login. What, no account? You can set one up now.
Proceeded to enter all the info they requested. Access code sent to my phone, so typed it in. Set up passwords....
Then onto Now let's prove your ID. You can either scan a passport or a photo-driving licence...OR we can ask you questions about this list of official documents that you may have. I selected the list of documents route, because I do not have a current passpoort, and my driving licence is a perfectly still valid older paper version with no photo.
Then it requested which two of three listed documents I wish to provide code numbers from.
Two of those three documents were.........Passport, and Photo Driving License.
This means I cannot use their 'You can do it all online' website to do anything.
So I phone the contact us phone number on screen.....
There followed 25 mins of muzak interspersed with 'Your call is imporant to us', 'You know you can do all this online', 'An agent will answer you call shortly',
'Your call is important to us'.......
I got bored, and went into my studio to fire up cubase, to record a clip of their customer service.
Before I got to recording, a real person answered, and was eventually transferred to another department.
They insist on posting me a state pension forecast document, and will not discuss it further until I have reviewed that document.
How was your morning?
By the way, right now most of the cushy job-for-life public sector are currently on strike for inflation busting pay rises. I do not support them!

That's the way things are these day. They don't want anyone setting up your account and stealing all your funds. Identity theft is a big problem. 2 or 3 factor identification is becoming the norm. I'm surprised that any place is still using a drivers license without a photo! The US has had photo drivers ID for 50 years. You have to renew and get a new photo every 4-8 years. The new one that I got a couple of years ago has all the latest anti counterfeiting stuff. The days of making fake IDs with a picture and a razor blade are long gone.

When my sister was getting getting ready to get on Social Security and Medicare, she had a flip phone and nothing else. This was in the early days of Covid, so there was no way to make an appointment and visit the office as was the norm 10 years ago. Call someone on the phone? HA! You were lucky if you didn't get a message "All our lines are busy". More likely you just got a busy signal.

My brother and I both told her to get a smartphone. Then, for Christmas, I bought her a low priced laptop. It's not a blitz, but it works. For internet she uses the hotspot from her phone, as she gets several GB of data per month. For her sign up, I had her bring the computer to my house and we did it all via my network. Now she can log in once in a while and do her business, then she will occasionally visit either me or her son and do system updates, etc. via wifi.

In short.... we've reached 1984!

. . .

In short.... we've reached 1984!
. . .
When we get to Brazil, shoot up a warning flare.

When I retired to Social Security I had a flip phone and a desktop PC. But.. the job I had retired from included shuttling needy people getting their lives back in order to the local Social Security office. Luckily(?), the process was not unlike that of the DMV. Show up an hour early and get in line. They had a kiosk to enter my information, then I received a number and took a seat in the waiting room. There were several video screens displaying who was going where and when - like the airport. All I had to do was watch for my number to pop up telling me which cubicle to go to.

About one hour waiting, then once at the cubicle it took less than ten minutes to complete the process. I gave them my Driver's license (w/picture) and my Social Security card.

Yeah, Spantini. When I signed up for SS 5 years ago, I had to take them some documents regarding my first wife's death certificate. It was a pain getting copies of the documents from the state, but once that was done, I made an appt at the SSI Office, and it was about like your deal, in and out in about an hour. It was quite different in 2020, and I don't things are still back to the way they were pre-pandemic.

Back during the plandemic the dept of motor vehicles was physically closed, then it went to by appointment only, or something like that...I can't remember, or possibly trying to forget. The registration(and tags) on one of my vehicles expired. No biggie, word was the authorities weren't ticketing anyone anyway. A few(or several) months into it I made an appointment to renew. Appointment was in two months time. I went to the appointment and was asked, "have you been driving the vehicle?". I thought it was kind of a trick question but was honest and said, "well, yeah". I received stickers for my tags....which expired in 2 months. I asked to make another appointment. She said I could schedule an appointment online. :facepalm:

I can't say for sure, but if I had lied and said, no, because of the plandemic I have been bunkered inside my home frightened to death to go out, much less drive, I would have received fresh stickers which are normally due to expire in a year. Nice guys finish last, or at least in 2 months, apparently.

Back during the plandemic the dept of motor vehicles was physically closed, then it went to by appointment only, or something like that...
Our DMV went to appointment only, eliminating walk-ins. Fortunately, I was still able to get my renewals online. Birth certificates used to be accepted as documentation, but with all the bad guys in the world crapping in our corn flakes, that is now considered a mere hospital record - pure decoration.. useless.

Order online, receive in the mail....that would be the smart one of the 2, my wife, who chose to handle the vehicle she drives. Also opts for the 2 year renewal. Unfortunately I'm the old school make a showing in person stick in the mud, and don't do anything rash by obligating for 2 years. Hey, all things considered at the time, you never know if I'll even be around that long. You gotta be smart and think ahead. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Back