What's goin' on with everybody

Now being in Florida, even on cooler days, I always wear shorts and flip-flops. That's a no-no for jury duty. I have to dress business casual, which means long pants, shoes, socks, no visible tattoos
No flip flop's ...business casual?....Spants' needs court appointed footwear guys..

Screenshot 2023-01-13 071953.jpg

What's going on...

Haven't felt well. It's been going on since right around Christmas. Actually periodically for years. My stomach, my back right around the kidneys, shooting pains elsewhere, headaches, malaise in general. Just toxic. Spurred me at one time years ago to on my own get a full blood panel at a lab. Improved before the results even returned. Nothing to note on the panel. I figure it must be the diverticulitis thing. Have had my first in several years check-up at a Dr office probably late Nov. Tried to put me on cholesterol meds, ain't doing it, not yet. I think he said 143. Been trying to get a colonoscopy scheduled. Last one who the hell knows how long ago I had polyps, more than they would want to see, one on the larger side. Given that I'm supposed to be on an accelerated schedule, but because of COVID, you know. Haven't been eating much, dying for something really good to eat, but will it sink me further into the hole I'm in. Can't say it doesn't have me a little more worried than a usual bout of whatever it is. Got a lot I want to do once back on my feet.

Sorry, you guys are all I got to spill this kind of crap. As far as anyone else knows I'm just being lazy after the holidays.

Carry on.

• Sad
Reactions: TAE
Just got a summons for jury duty. I got my first one in 2008 and I've been getting one every 5 years since. I didn't get any the first 10 years after moving to Florida, then... wham.. I'm in the loop. I don't mind - gotta due my civic duty. I become eligible for permanent removal from the loop later this year - I can still accept if I want to. We'll see what my situation is when the time comes.

I had just finished scheduling a bunch of other appointments when this showed up - it landed right on one of my big medical appointment dates, so I scrambled to reschedule the med appt.

Now being in Florida, even on cooler days, I always wear shorts and flip-flops. That's a no-no for jury duty. I have to dress business casual, which means long pants, shoes, socks, no visible tattoos. They probably don't allow cussin' and chewing tobacco either - jeeze, I might as well get a job :facepalm::p
jury duty probably pays better

:rolleyes: The last check I got for answering the summons was $13. That was just for spending one full day in a waiting room as an alternate.

:rolleyes: The last check I got for answering the summons was $13. That was just for spending one full day in a waiting room as an alternate.
I have done jury duty, I was being facetious. I suspect the minimum wage there isn't much better though.( I am being facetious again, damn me.)

Just got a summons for jury duty. I got my first one in 2008 and I've been getting one every 5 years since. I didn't get any the first 10 years after moving to Florida, then... wham.. I'm in the loop. I don't mind - gotta due my civic duty. I become eligible for permanent removal from the loop later this year - I can still accept if I want to. We'll see what my situation is when the time comes.
I only ever had one summons for jury service, but managed to wriggle out of it, because I was ineligable, having been a police officer in the last ten years.

I only ever had one summons for jury service, but managed to wriggle out of it, because I was ineligable, having been a police officer in the last ten years.
For most of my life I just ignored them stupid summons...but in recent years they started getting serious about ignoring them so I finally succumbed to their prodding's. Fortunately I dodged the bullet and was just on call remotely...never got called.. Now I'm old enough where I don't have to. Our legal system is broken. Getting 12 random people to agree on the smoke and mirror shit show of lawyers doing their verbal ballet is so not a prudent way to come to a legal conclusion...The masses are asses and that's a fact.

At Michael Jacksons trial he was unanimously acquited by rthe jury, who all then wrote books (for profit) saying they thought he was guilty.
It's a mad world..... It's a sad world but we're stuck with what's we got

That all said, conversely, the amazingly cool gifts of living this life grossly outweigh the downer's and bumps in the road we must endure.

I would suggest you move to Florida but the economy is going berserk. You need a second job just to rent a 1-bedroom apartment, and maybe a third job to make car payments on any new or used vehicle you may purchase. Ahhh... but the warm weather... ahhh...
North East England is lovely from April to October. I think just rent a cheap apartment in the Portuguese Algarve from November to March. Plenty of old English retired farts like me there. I might get a bit of work singing and playing guitar doing old covers in the bars there. Simple 60s and 70s stuff to keep the oldie Brits happy 😇🥰 I could do that. Just need a little PA, backing tapes and a bit of pre prepared patter and jokes xxx

What's going on...

Haven't felt well. It's been going on since right around Christmas. Actually periodically for years. My stomach, my back right around the kidneys, shooting pains elsewhere, headaches, malaise in general. Just toxic. Spurred me at one time years ago to on my own get a full blood panel at a lab. Improved before the results even returned. Nothing to note on the panel. I figure it must be the diverticulitis thing. Have had my first in several years check-up at a Dr office probably late Nov. Tried to put me on cholesterol meds, ain't doing it, not yet. I think he said 143. Been trying to get a colonoscopy scheduled. Last one who the hell knows how long ago I had polyps, more than they would want to see, one on the larger side. Given that I'm supposed to be on an accelerated schedule, but because of COVID, you know. Haven't been eating much, dying for something really good to eat, but will it sink me further into the hole I'm in. Can't say it doesn't have me a little more worried than a usual bout of whatever it is. Got a lot I want to do once back on my feet.

Sorry, you guys are all I got to spill this kind of crap. As far as anyone else knows I'm just being lazy after the holidays.

Carry on.
I have not felt very well since I had the vaccine, but it has started to pass. I hope it gets better for you mate. Thanks for sharing this xx

I have not felt very well since I had the vaccine, but it has started to pass. I hope it gets better for you mate. Thanks for sharing this xx
I had polyps had the camera up my ass, horibble, but not cancerous. I understand completely mate. I believe its the vaccine, all the blood tests told me nothing wrong. I am not anti vaxxer but I will not be getting another one. I had flu like and exhaustion in the summer for no reason. I was playing golf 4 times a week but I struggled to walk up a small hill.

jury duty probably pays better
I worked with a guy who was on a murder jury trail that lasted 6 months. He was on full pay plus expenses. He told me most days the proceedings lasted less than 1 hour and the jury were sent home so he went to the beach or the golf course, lucky b****** 😅🥰

For most of my life I just ignored them stupid summons...but in recent years they started getting serious about ignoring them so I finally succumbed to their prodding's. Fortunately I dodged the bullet and was just on call remotely...never got called.. Now I'm old enough where I don't have to. Our legal system is broken. Getting 12 random people to agree on the smoke and mirror shit show of lawyers doing their verbal ballet is so not a prudent way to come to a legal conclusion...The masses are asses and that's a fact.
Its not the peoples fault... its the system.... if you are rich you can hire clever lawyers to find a loophole and put some doubt. If I was inocent I would defend myself and rely on my intellegence to not be intimidated by these scummy lawyer tactics. Keep your powder dry, keep your trump cards, act dumb and draw the clever bastard lawyers into thinking they have you. Then at the last minute pull a trump card out

Its not the peoples fault... its the system.... if you are rich you can hire clever lawyers to find a loophole and put some doubt. If I was inocent I would defend myself and rely on my intellegence to not be intimidated by these scummy lawyer tactics. Keep your powder dry, keep your trump cards, act dumb and draw the clever bastard lawyers into thinking they have you. Then at the last minute pull a trump card out
Its a game of chess for these people, they use mind games intimidation and aggression. Play them at their own game, act stupid, draw the fuckers in to the end game.

Getting 12 random people to agree on the smoke and mirror shit show of lawyers doing their verbal ballet is so not a prudent way to come to a legal conclusion
You should read the 'Lincoln Lawyer' series of books written by Michael Connelly, and the Bosch series of books.

Back