What's goin' on with everybody

I am leaving soon, the decision rests with you.
I knew you were a freekin alien!

Me too!

And ol Elon is right about AI.
Them bots are going to be the ruin of this clusterfuck of a world you earthlings have turned this beautiful planet into.
You dumbasses are going to rue the day...

It is inevitable that someday the earth will die
But if life from somewhere else should look down and wonder why.
Let us leave no trace
That the cause of the death was the human race...

Well you dumbasses sure screwed that one up.. I tried to warn you all But would you listen? Noooooooooooo!

I knew you were a freekin alien!

Me too!

And ol Elon is right about AI.
Them bots are going to be the ruin of this clusterfuck of a world you earthlings have turned this beautiful planet into.
You dumbasses are going to rue the day...

It is inevitable that someday the earth will die
But if life from somewhere else should look down and wonder why.
Let us leave no trace
That the cause of the death was the human race...

Well you dumbasses sure screwed that one up.. I tried to warn you all But would you listen? Noooooooooooo!
Please, don't leave us, I need you, what about our date?

Good luck to all our Western New York State members. Some predictions for the Buffalo NY area are to get between 4 and 6 feet of snow over the next day.

I can't imagine dealing with that much snow! YIKES!

Stay safe and warm.

Good luck to all our Western New York State members. Some predictions for the Buffalo NY area are to get between 4 and 6 feet of snow over the next day.

I can't imagine dealing with that much snow! YIKES!

Stay safe and warm.
Have no fear! The Weather Channel, Jim Cantore, and crew are already on site, snow shovels in hand.

its cold as hell here in wichitard kansas. to cold for woodworking :mad: been playing with some alternate tunings though. shits weird. wife and I got our covid vaccines, she got really sick, i barely felt anything. Now people can cough and sneeze on me all they want. bring it on nerds.
anyways, what are you all up to?
Wishing I had my own house to play music in

Interesting day. Spent the day clearing a blocked-up sewer pipe. Yes, shovelling shit.
'Nipping' home for vital tools, through thick traffic and roadworks.
However, on the way home, popped into the local music store to order 50 TRS cables,
of various types, to I hope fully equip my new SSL Big Six and patch bay.

Reactions: TAE
qlab (two on separate macs) send timecode to the lighting desk which then runs it's cues based on the timecode. The desk had been moved across the control room to a better place to see the stage. The short network cable from the socket on the wall wasn't quite long enough, so they used a longer one - which took the maximum length into the 'dark side' - and it stopped networking, and the lights siezed up. Only a few hundred cues. What else? A pair of flying horses, decided to become one that walked and winked it's eyes while it's neighbour refused to do anything at all. This was annoying as I'd only just fixed the lights that refused to come on the day before. Oh yes, and do a video, and collect birthday requests for reading out. Somebody also moved the IEM transmitter and swapped the A and B rings around, and somebody in the audience threw 5 rolls of toilet paper into the orchestra pit, which were caught by the sax player. Pretty much a normal day!

qlab (two on separate macs) send timecode to the lighting desk which then runs it's cues based on the timecode. The desk had been moved across the control room to a better place to see the stage. The short network cable from the socket on the wall wasn't quite long enough, so they used a longer one - which took the maximum length into the 'dark side' - and it stopped networking, and the lights siezed up. Only a few hundred cues. What else? A pair of flying horses, decided to become one that walked and winked it's eyes while it's neighbour refused to do anything at all. This was annoying as I'd only just fixed the lights that refused to come on the day before. Oh yes, and do a video, and collect birthday requests for reading out. Somebody also moved the IEM transmitter and swapped the A and B rings around, and somebody in the audience threw 5 rolls of toilet paper into the orchestra pit, which were caught by the sax player. Pretty much a normal day!
Its minus 4 in NE Englamd now

-4 & -1 C? We finally had our heat pump system including duct work completed yesterday. It was scheduled for late October- 1st of Nov. We had a below average temp cold snap around the 2nd week of Nov where the temps dropped pretty much into the teens F, including wind chill factor. It's been pretty cold throughout, actually. A stand-alone portable "heat pump" kept the wife and dogs from freezing to death. Today it's going to be almost 60 F. Init funny how life works.

The rooms where I took out/down an old chimney and a wall to make 2 rooms 1, I did a tremendous amount of work on walls and ceiling in order that you could not tell it was ever actually 2 rooms, somehow the ceiling survived with minimal repairs needed after having them stomping around on the ceiling joists in the attic. At some point a portion of the attic I will finish for a place to cuss, drink beer, and make music. The air handler for the heat pump is amazingly quiet, but even after insulation and drywall I'll have to shut things down for final takes. I reckon it's part of the package/price to pay for leaving a larger house at the beach, in the city, and a humble smaller house out in the country. I'm okay with that.

I picked up my grandfather's old fiddle from my bros house yesterday. Reacquainting myself with that thing, yeah, the attic get away will come in real handy. Plus, it might discourage any critters such as squirrels from taking up residence. My bow skills are no doubt a bit sketchy, it'll sound like a cat fight up there.

If you combine Jimmy and Glenn you get a perfect song 🥰🥰
No genres... just good and bad as I bang on about. This is a masterpiece.

Glenn and Jimmy were on the phone and Glenn said ... get your hair cut young man and when you gonna send me the 3rd verse? Webb said oh will get it wrote soon. So Glenn got fed up waiting and put the guitar break in there.

If you combine Jimmy and Glenn you get a perfect song 🥰🥰
No genres... just good and bad as I bang on about. This is a masterpiece.

Glenn and Jimmy were on the phone and Glenn said ... get your hair cut young man and when you gonna send me the 3rd verse? Webb said oh will get it wrote soon. So Glenn got fed up waiting and put the guitar break in there.

Fender Jaguar through a Vintage Fender Vibro Reverb, classic sound.

Can someone please explain to me why the string of Christmas lights that was working perfectly last year is as dark as a cellar at midnight? ARGH!

That just means everything is working as expected and all is well in the world. If they're the LED style, there might be one or two fuses in the plug. I've always had good luck with LEDs not going dark the following season. Older styles never worked when I brought them out of storage.

I checked the fuses, both ok, and I even pulled the little brass contacts up a bit so they would make contact. Oh well, there are bigger fish to fry... One bush will just have to have more blue lights than the other this year.

As a kid on family nighttime tours around the neighborhoods this time of year, I always like the houses lit with all-blue lights - especially after a good snowfall.

I checked the fuses, both ok, and I even pulled the little brass contacts up a bit so they would make contact. Oh well, there are bigger fish to fry... One bush will just have to have more blue lights than the other this year.
Greg Lake passed away, the lights of Christmas have gone out

Back