What's goin' on with everybody

There are shamans that drink their own urine as daily therapy. It is not sterile. Further than sterility, it is not fit for consumption. They are idiots that dont have enough common sense to not drink their urine.

Mick, ever try basic Miracle Gro?

I'm not going the miracle grow route. I'm looking to change the soil through more natural means. Compost, organic matter, etc.....and biochar. The native population along the Amazon basin through on purpose or accident increased the fertility of the soil by adding charred wood. Maybe they were just somehow using it to filter their waste, shit and whatnot. They're actually mining the soil, bagging it and selling it worldwide. But you can actually make your own. But...but unlike adding miracle grow, compost or whatever, which are temporary solutions, you had best do biochar right as it will change the soil for over 1000 years. It's not at all a fad, pretty cool stuff.

Ive been too busy to get a good garden going this year. Next year I want to be ready. God willing.

Anybody know how to remove a driveway 3" post lamp that is stuck/rusted on? It no longer illuminates(not the bulb). I was going to slice the sides of the mount with a dremel tool. And twist back n forth. Not sure..I would hate to cut the post top. Then it will not be 7 ft. for replacement. It will be like 6 and 3/4'.
Got a picture to see what you have there?

Most of the others I seen, are attached with 3 screws , and placed upon a 80" regulation pole.

If I cut the top, Im gonna be the only one on the block with a shorty.

Home Depot has a 80" post for $80..I might gonna need to drop a post. Rent a manual Auger. And swear a bunch at it..

My voltage checker see's voltage in the pole 'switch on' through the tube wall.

Wait, just looked at your pics closer. The lamp is connected to a sleeve that fit over the main pole. Is or was there a set screw located anywhere to secure the lamp sleeve to the main pole. It appears you can see the top edge of the main pole through one of the holes on the sleeve. Is there another matching hole on the opposite side of the sleeve? Either way, try soaking it in something like PB Blaster. Stick a hefty screw driver or lug wrench through the hole and pry upwards, or even sideways. Once you get some movement you might be able to slide it off.

Most of the others I seen, are attached with 3 screws , and placed upon a 80" regulation pole.

If I cut the top, Im gonna be the only one on the block with a shorty.

Home Depot has a 80" post for $80..I might gonna need to drop a post. Rent a manual Auger. And swear a bunch at it..

My voltage checker see's voltage in the pole 'switch on' through the tube wall.
Hmm, yeah, that sounds like you're screwed. It's toast. On the bright side, no pun intended, you'll get a new light pole out of the deal.

So I gots, an idea.

If I cut the post , it will be 3-4" shorter. Why not get a Lamp that is 3-4" taller?

Screenshot 2022-06-27 154058.png
Taller.

Last edited:
Hell, before I committed to anything I'd soak it in lube, shove a hefty screwdriver in that hole, and give it a good pry. If it destroys anything, no harm no foul if you were going to cut it anyway. Either way, cut the switch OFF and place some tape over it as a reminder until it is repaired.

Not long enough to get any leverage. So I grabbed some of my lathe stock 6061 solid 5/8ths? aluminum rod with some length. The rod started to bend and the hole elongated. Lamp didnt budge.

20220627_170717.jpg
Screenshot 2022-06-27 171839.jpg
Went around the base of the sleeve and hit it with a 48oz sledge and a chisel...upwards. The sleeve doesnt separate from the post. I hit it so hard trying to break the rust, the sleeve has a dent, pictured. Its rust welded.

Last edited:
Ive been too busy to get a good garden going this year. Next year I want to be ready. God willing.
Yeah man, I want to get a garden up too. New location. I got a cherry tree, poor canopy needs trim. Cherries, Raspberries, strawberries, blueberries. Then basics like green beans, Q cumbers, Broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, peppers...Potatoes never worked at my last house.

Get the good raspberries, and blueberries..The ones that grow by the railroad tracks. They are free to dig up an take home.

Gardening is easy and pays off.

Yeah man, I want to get a garden up too. New location. I got a cherry tree, poor canopy needs trim. Cherries, Raspberries, strawberries, blueberries. Then basics like green beans, Q cumbers, Broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, peppers...Potatoes never worked at my last house.

Get the good raspberries, and blueberries..The ones that grow by the railroad tracks. They are free to dig up an take home.

Gardening is easy and pays off.
I have Tree of Heaven here. More like tree of hell. An invasive species, all along the tree line in one area. Puts out a chemical or whatever in the soil that keeps other things from growing. It's not an area I plan to garden, just provide relief for native trees and such. You jump the gun and start felling those ToH and in response they send out suckers through a vast root system. Stealth. You have to hack a scar flap incrementally around the trunk, leaving healthy bark in between. Then you add the potion to the scar flaps. Tree thinks everything is A-ok and sends the potion down to the root system. Wait til it dies and cut the bitch down clearing a view through the treeline towards massive grandfather oaks, black walnut, tulip poplar, hickory.

I've yet to execute the plan, but soon. Some are roughly 60 feet tall. It's gonna be awesome to rid the land of those sombitches.

I love cherrys but there so expensive. I am addicted to all kinds of nuts and I have to avoid peas. I ate a sack full once and nearly exploded.

I forget what season, soon I reckon, big purple Bing Cherries start to be on sale at the grocery store. Usually about $1.99 a pound. But of course these aren't exactly usual times.

This fall I plan to start an orchard, of sorts. It's the damnedest thing, you can now purchase young grafted trees with different fruits on the same tree. Crazy. They're not cheap, so I gotta find a way to keep deer off of them. I hate caging them, unsightly, but I reckon you gotta do what you gotta do. I also want a cherry tree. From what I understand you have to have 2 for pollination. If I can have one sweet cherry and one sour cherry, all the better. But even more vital to protect and nuture

Cherries are my favorite. I've got a dwarf Montmorency cherry tree in the front yard. I finished picking about 2 weeks ago. It was a bad year, only got 4 gallons. Last year was a bumper crop, with at least 8 gallons and there were still cherries. A friend asked if I had any, so I gave her a gallon. The birds got a bunch as well.

Even with the small crop, I have pie for a year or so, and will probably put a few jars of jam up.

Cherries are my favorite. I've got a dwarf Montmorency cherry tree in the front yard. I finished picking about 2 weeks ago. It was a bad year, only got 4 gallons. Last year was a bumper crop, with at least 8 gallons and there were still cherries. A friend asked if I had any, so I gave her a gallon. The birds got a bunch as well.

Even with the small crop, I have pie for a year or so, and will probably put a few jars of jam up.
Cherry Brandy?😜

Do you (have to) have two for pollination? I've plans, but still a lot to learn. I think if I remember correctly the tree farm I may possibly order from said you need 2. Oddly, if memory serves, they should different varieties. I'm not sure if that's a necessary must, or suggested so you have variety. Either way one sweet and one sour would cover bases nicely.

I love cherries, what's not to love. But I gotta admit a little goes a long way. I eat too many and I risk the runs.

Back