What's goin' on with everybody

Type "google tuner" into the Google search or address bar and an instrument tuner pops up.

Next... "cheeseburger"

Last edited:
I just got a bag of Thai peppers and a bag of Ghost peppers. I nibbled on a Thai pepper some and it seemed about in the same ballpark as the fresh habaneros from the grocery store. I haven't tried the Ghost yet - I'm about to make another batch of salsa verde so what I'm planning is to throw one or two into my spice grinder and reduce them to powder, then see how hot my salsa turns out. I will repeat if necessary :devilish:

I read the warning on the bag.. it is recommended those with a heart condition NOT eat these peppers. I have a heart condition. I am going to eat these peppers o_O:D

Ghost Pepper Full.jpg

Ghost Warning.jpg

BrUHh-ther! Bring the heat! 🥵🤣
Arbol and Japones chili's put the pow! in the Kung Pao. Should also have Water Chestnuts in it, but wife doesn't like the texture. Not as hot as your Ghost Peppers, though. Be careful with them boys!

sorry the pics are so large, for some reason experiencing a difficult time resizing.

kung pao1 (2).jpg

Kung Pao2.jpg

Last edited:
I just got a bag of Thai peppers and a bag of Ghost peppers. I nibbled on a Thai pepper some and it seemed about in the same ballpark as the fresh habaneros from the grocery store. I haven't tried the Ghost yet - I'm about to make another batch of salsa verde so what I'm planning is to throw one or two into my spice grinder and reduce them to powder, then see how hot my salsa turns out. I will repeat if necessary :devilish:

I read the warning on the bag.. it is recommended those with a heart condition NOT eat these peppers. I have a heart condition. I am going to eat these peppers o_O:D

View attachment 112468

View attachment 112471
Last year I got some ghost pepper sausage from a local farm. I tried a sample at the market and it was quite good, so I bought a pack.

Then I cooked some up and again it was very good. It was very spicy but at the perfect level. Loved it.

Then on the way out it was problems. It felt like I wiped my butt with icy hot.

Arbol and Japones chili's put the pow! in the Kung Pao. Should also have Water Chestnuts in it, but wife doesn't like the texture. Not as hot as your Ghost Peppers, though. Be careful with them boys!
Mouthwatering pics. Nice.

Yeah! Arbols.. I used to buy them in large bags and make my own sodium-free hot sauce. I offered it to all my friends and it popped their tops - they couldn't handle more than a drop on the tongue. I couldn't give it away after that, so all for me :p To me it was barely hot enough and I doused it all over most things I ate.

I've never worked with the Japones but I'm sure they must have been in many Asian restaurant dishes I used to dig on back in the day.

Last year I got some ghost pepper sausage from a local farm. I tried a sample at the market and it was quite good, so I bought a pack.

Then I cooked some up and again it was very good. It was very spicy but at the perfect level. Loved it.

Then on the way out it was problems. It felt like I wiped my butt with icy hot.
That sausage sounds great, man.

On the way out...:eek: :ROFLMAO: I get the same end result from my homemade chili. I use something labeled as "Menudo Mix" to season with and it comes out as red as it was goin' in. Burns, too. Whew! 🥵

Unless you're into that kind of thing, unfortunately that's part of the bargain. What goes in has to come out. They use to burn me twice, but it seems the older I get the more the seeds do a job on my stomach. Those whole dried chilis being an exception, I tend to seed before eating most chilis. It's false the heat is in the seeds, as some believe. It's in the membrane to which the seed is attached, and the placenta if you will of the seeds. So you're not losing much by deseeding, nothing you can't replace by adding more chilis.

^ To add...

Some peppers, including if I remember correctly Ghost Peppers, the heat permeates if that the is the correct term more from the membrane into the flesh. Distributes more evenly throughout the chili. There's bound to be a word i'm looking for that escapes me at the moment.

I'm still picking from my ghost plants. Three more are turning color this weekend, there's at least 10 or 12 greens ones. I've picked two quart baggies of peppers for myself, and given away at least a dozen. The bagged peppers are in the freezer. A few more are drying, I've already pulled the seeds out of those, ready to plant for next year. Temps are starting to drop around here, but if it stays sunny and in the 60-70 range, it will be fine,

Definitely, the heat is in the flesh. I chop them up for putting in my chili. One pepper to one pot full. It's just about perfect.

Just finished making another batch of salsa verde - w/o the basil & parsley this time around.. just cilantro, tomatillos, lime juice, a small can of chipotles in adobo and ghost pepper. I usually add at least 6 large garlic cloves (minced) for some extra bite but I left them out this time so I can get a better idea how much punch the ghost pepper adds. I added only 1 ghost pepper (seeds and all), dusted in my spice grinder.

I must say, when I took a whiff of ghost pepper after dusting, it was a small whiff and it took my breath away - literally. I was in love. The amount of salsa worked out to exactly enough to fill a standard mayonnaise jar right to the bottom of the neck. Perfect. That 1 pepper was just enough to be very noticeable from a little taste. Good burn at the back and tongue, even broke into a good sweat, but not painful at all. I'm looking forward to seeing how it evolves as it marinates in the fridge. If it begins to mellow I'l dust another pepper into it. Oh yeah.. :P🥵

Here are the last two I picked, and the ones that I'm drying. I found that if I snip the bottom off, they dry better. I had some that went bad before they dried.

Recent peppers.jpg

Generally, I chop them up for chili. Sometimes, I'll use a small one in spaghetti sauce, especially if I don't have any hot Italian Sausage. I really don't make salsa. The dried ones, I use in a pepper grinder on stuff like lasagna, pizza, etc. It doesn't take much at all.

I always end up with way more than I can use, kind of like my cherry tree. I think I picked about 6 or 7 gallons this year. A good friend asked if she could have a quart... I took here a gallon jug!

A man can only eat so much cherry pie!

Being as your all into chillies, do none of you eat Indian food in America like curries etc?
Its never been one of my favorites. I lean more toward Italian, some Chinese, and BBQ! I spent Friday smoking a whole brisket, and a rack of baby backs. . Some of the brisket went along for our tailgating on Saturday.

I'm English so we always ate Indian food and some Chinese. I only ever make my own food now and make a fair amount of Indian curry and Indian chicken Tikka. We like it hot and spicy, but I haven't a clue what chilies are in the chili powder.

There is only 2 of us so BBQ's are rare.

Generally, I chop them up for chili. Sometimes, I'll use a small one in spaghetti sauce, especially if I don't have any hot Italian Sausage. I really don't make salsa. The dried ones, I use in a pepper grinder on stuff like lasagna, pizza, etc. It doesn't take much at all.

I always end up with way more than I can use, kind of like my cherry tree. I think I picked about 6 or 7 gallons this year. A good friend asked if she could have a quart... I took here a gallon jug!

A man can only eat so much cherry pie!
Man.. I wish I lived on your street. I can put some cherries away. When they're available in the stores around here I buy 3-lb. bags and constantly snack on them all day - just right out of the bag. I go through 3-4 bags per week when they're on sale.

Back