What's goin' on with everybody

Kingofpain678

Returned from the dead
its cold as hell here in wichitard kansas. to cold for woodworking :mad: been playing with some alternate tunings though. shits weird. wife and I got our covid vaccines, she got really sick, i barely felt anything. Now people can cough and sneeze on me all they want. bring it on nerds.
anyways, what are you all up to?

Recorded acoustic singer/songwriter Tuesday and planning the video, recorded country band yesterday, planning video series featuring performances by and interviews of local acoustic solo/duo/trio acts. Bought an LED panel light for video.

It's sunny in this part of Colorado, but already below freezing and the sun hasn't set yet.

Just hanging around, watching TV and waiting for the snow and ice storms to start! The week ahead doesn't look promising, but then the weather prognosticators are wrong half the time. I wouldn't mind a bit if they missed this one, although I've got milk, bread and eggs, so I'm covered! Time for French Toast. ?

couldn't get in here after the change last night, kept calling me a security issue or something like that. The no knock raid after midnight was surprisingly smooth and efficient. After some gentle tasing and only a little tear gas, it was finally ascertained to be a new software issue and that I wasn't a threat. Still can't fly ever again but I never wanted to.

I couldn't remember if I had an avatar before, I think I did so I stuck that in there. We're due to get another storm tomorrow and possibly a dusting on Friday. It's a little on the cool side at 18°F (-7.8°C) but at least it's not windy like it was earlier.

I just bought a midi chord pack and now I'm trying to figure out what I need to actually use it. My first foray into the total digital realm.

Working on another cover of a local singer-songwriter and waiting for some other folks to figure out how to record on iPhones or whatever they have. And some do have jobs, so taking time. Spousal unit is freshly retired, so a little busier around the house than before, and things are going to change, but I'm grateful for the company after a year of spending my days talking to the cats, who generally do not care what I am saying...

I started tearing apart the studio. Been thinking about it for awhile. Finally pulled the trigger but it has me a little freaked out. All the old archival formats are going. 8 track analog and Tascam DTRS. Console is being moved to the front of the studio window as it is only used for tracking. It will add a lot of space in the control room and allow me to move the desk back away from the wall. Hope I am moving in the right direction.

well, no music/recording anymore, just this stuff.

Attachments

• new 2-5-21.jpg
    new 2-5-21.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 11
Working on another cover of a local singer-songwriter and waiting for some other folks to figure out how to record on iPhones or whatever they have. And some do have jobs, so taking time. Spousal unit is freshly retired, so a little busier around the house than before, and things are going to change, but I'm grateful for the company after a year of spending my days talking to the cats, who generally do not care what I am saying...
Yeah, that's what I though too. Except that I don't have any cats. I'd rather have cats. They WOULD listen more. I thought we'd finally get some stuff taken care of. Nope. TV, texts and FB.

its cold as hell here in wichitard kansas. to cold for woodworking :mad: been playing with some alternate tunings though. shits weird. wife and I got our covid vaccines, she got really sick, i barely felt anything. Now people can cough and sneeze on me all they want. bring it on nerds.
anyways, what are you all up to?
Which vaccine? And did you get your second one yet?

Recorded acoustic singer/songwriter Tuesday and planning the video, recorded country band yesterday, planning video series featuring performances by and interviews of local acoustic solo/duo/trio acts. Bought an LED panel light for video.

It's sunny in this part of Colorado, but already below freezing and the sun hasn't set yet.
how are you liking the LED light? which one did you get?

Just hanging around, watching TV and waiting for the snow and ice storms to start! The week ahead doesn't look promising, but then the weather prognosticators are wrong half the time. I wouldn't mind a bit if they missed this one, although I've got milk, bread and eggs, so I'm covered! Time for French Toast. ?
We got a little bit of snow on saturday but now its so damn cold the little bit we had just wont go away.
I'll take one french toast please

I started tearing apart the studio. Been thinking about it for awhile. Finally pulled the trigger but it has me a little freaked out. All the old archival formats are going. 8 track analog and Tascam DTRS. Console is being moved to the front of the studio window as it is only used for tracking. It will add a lot of space in the control room and allow me to move the desk back away from the wall. Hope I am moving in the right direction.
I always liked the "show us your studio" thread or whatever it's called. you should take before, during and after pics. I find that stuff really interesting and sometimes inspirational

I always liked the "show us your studio" thread or whatever it's called. you should take before, during and after pics. I find that stuff really interesting and sometimes inspirational
The studio forum has been pretty quiet overall. If no one minds, I've got lots going on with this. Right now I am measuring the room with a few different monitors and placement to check for room response in different places and room configurations. I've got a desk surface on saw horses right now and spent some time today just listening to the monitors being 4ft out from the back wall. It is a whole different room backed away from that wall. I'll start taking some screen shots of the sketchup layout and pull together some photos and put a thread together.

A few years ago I made a custom pick guard for my chinese tele. The screws were always sitting on top of the pickguard and sometimes I would scrape my fingers against them. So finally, after years of procrastination, I countersunk the holes a little. Now they sit lower down. And I filed the tops of the screws to make them smoother. Niiiiiiice.

And we're getting snow this weekend. I used to say we never get snow, but with all this global warming, we're getting more than we ever had.

20210210_020956439_iOS.jpg

Back