What's goin' on with everybody

One thing I am not looking forward to. i will have to learn how to use the wifes phone because she doesn't know how. Wish me luck. I hate phones but then again the only real calls I would be making would be to make reservations at hotels. I had a very bad experience one time on a booking that I did on line. I was told next time to make the reservation directly with the hotel and don't use an on line reservation system and that problem will never arise again. So, from that time on I book directly with the hotel I intend to stay at.
There are some small booking companies companies that Hotels won’t take, usually the ones that show up in the Google search list that are 60% lower than the others. Direct through hotels save that last minute denial or unavailability that forces you to go on a live search after driving all which is no bueno. I usually search online in an area, find the place then book online directly through their site

There are some small booking companies companies that Hotels won’t take, usually the ones that show up in the Google search list that are 60% lower than the others. Direct through hotels save that last minute denial or unavailability that forces you to go on a live search after driving all which is no bueno. I usually search online in an area, find the place then book online directly through their site
I think I booked through choice hotels. After an expected six hour drive turned into 13 hours, I doing all the driving, we arrived at the hotel. I was totally beat. We were informed that the hotel was full. I protested that I had booked weeks in advance. I didn't have any paperwork with me or on my laptop. It would not have made any difference anyway. I was informed that choice hotels system was down and that they had no way of confirming anything and no way to check if there was a room open. This was at one AM in the morning and we were sent another 45 minutes up the road to another hotel. I was told that if I had done the booking directly with the hotel it would be in their independent system and could have been straightened out? I complained and eventually Comfort Inn gave me a voucher for two free stays. I have never booked through an online system since. I will go online, find the prices, availability, etc, then call the hotel directly and book. Why did I do all the driving, you would have to drive with my wife to answer that question. She did save me though, I was beginning to cause a seen when she practically dragged me out of the hotel by the arm. I am sure the police would have been called if I kept up.

I think I booked through choice hotels. After an expected six hour drive turned into 13 hours, I doing all the driving, we arrived at the hotel. I was totally beat. We were informed that the hotel was full. I protested that I had booked weeks in advance. I didn't have any paperwork with me or on my laptop. It would not have made any difference anyway. I was informed that choice hotels system was down and that they had no way of confirming anything and no way to check if there was a room open. This was at one AM in the morning and we were sent another 45 minutes up the road to another hotel. I was told that if I had done the booking directly with the hotel it would be in their independent system and could have been straightened out? I complained and eventually Comfort Inn gave me a voucher for two free stays. I have never booked through an online system since. I will go online, find the prices, availability, etc, then call the hotel directly and book.
Learn the wife’s phone and you’ll be able to screenshot reservation numbers with a left/right click and shove it in their faces. But 2 free nights you can’t beat if it is nationwide. Booking direct is IMO the best and it’ the difference of maybe $20 tops. That’s worth convenience and peace of mind.

We are planning a cross country tour, early September. Starting here in S.W. Virginia up to Minneapolis to visit my oldest for a couple of days. Then out to the Black Hills. Then over to Yosemite. Through Idaho into Washington state. Avoiding Spokane and Seattle, going through Lassen etc heading for the coast just north of Astoria. Then down the coastal highway through Oregon into Cal. Before SanFran. make a left head through Reading towards Sacramento, see the redwoods on the way. Then on to Yellowstone. After Yellowstone out through Nevada into southern Utah and revisit Bryce Canyon and Zion. From there maybe the north rim of the Canyon, we missed that last time. From there I haven't got the rest planned out. We will have to come across the Texas panhandle and Ok, Arkansas etc. I figure two to four weeks. I will transfer like ten k from the IRA into checking and not worry about it. We were thinking of getting another car but the old 2010 Corolla only has 80k on it and still runs like a top and gets over thirty per gallon so we are going with that. It is all just a plan at this stage and I could be lying. I have been across the panhandle and the rest, not that much to see there but the Ozarks are charming. I requested brouchours (SP?) from each state we will be passing through. Wyoming is out of them and don't know when they will have them again, only online lol. I always prefer a full, large state map, there is much info on them that you don't find elsewhere.
That is rock star right there ^ ^ 🤟🤟🤟

What’s going i with me at the moment is snuggling a cute little teacup Chihuahua snuggling up against ne wanting to nest for the night . She’s my baby

Attachments

• IMG_1282.jpeg
    IMG_1282.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
She was bred on a puppy farm in Minnesota by an ex husband who teamed with ex wife on a money venture called Puppy Palace in Hollywood, FL. This little girl had some spinal defects and had to have neck vertebrae fused early as a pup, she’s had a hard scary early life (thanks ex wife) and she and her ‘brother’ were gifted to me in the marital dissolution settlement because that bitch doesn’t responsibility and hands it off onto others SS and when convenient. So now she’s my little obligation.IMG_0677.jpeg

Strange I know this sounds, but she thinks I’m her mommy and her mate rolled up into one. She’s my little girl . Didn’t want or need her or the chidstchshun brother that ex bought in our last two years together, but got stuck with both in typical ex wife shunning responsibility style. Love them both but makes lodging difficult as fuck.

Nothing can take away that from me now but fuck that whore for buying them then sticking me with them when she started fucking around then left (or
Technically was asked to leave). Nonetheless shedded responsibility as is her track record of doing.

I brought him up to some brush and let him go where the cats weren't going to find him. Linda was worried the snake was going to hurt the cat. I have to send her some videos of cat responses, I told her not to worry, I will save the snake. That cat is a good hunter and would have made short work of it.

I am wondering if male menopause is a thing. I keep sweating on my neck at night for no fucking reason.

The male appendage still works well tho. :)

I'm wondering if it is a 'long covid' thing. My doctor is a dick though that thinks I should get the boosters every time. Even though I have hearty issues that my cardiologist recommends I do not.

Seems I am ammune to covid now. But my lungs are not doing well... Not since covid around Thanksgiving.

One time I was hitch hiking to the next town on a four lane with a median. I walk as I hitch. I see my parents parked on the other side against the hill. I figure they saw me and want to talk to me so I cross the median to speak with them. Someone had thrown a rock off the hill and broke their windshield. The town above us was nothing but million dollar homes at the time. I told my parents, go around the ball field an up the road and I will go into the woods, meet me at the top. I climbed the hill into the woods and got on the the path and finally sneaked up on two lads not much younger than me laughing and talking. I came up behind them, grabbed them by the scruff of the neck and said, you're coming with me and proceeded to march them up to the road where I met my parents. I put them in the back of the car and we drove them to their parents house where my father received a 300 dollar check. I think if they would have turned on me they could have got away? P.S. I was my fathers hero that day, I miss him.

Last edited:
That is a gorgeous snake. His coloring is solid and deep throughout. His head shape looks like a constrictor but has a slender body . I know you’re keeping antibiotic ointment applied without saying 👍

And lol at the cats in predator positions at the ready 😄
I poured some rubbing alcohol on it right after, that was it. That cat is good, she had already nailed it four or five times, didn't do much damage but she would have killed it an ate it eventually. When she gets a bird she leaves the head and some feathers. I wonder if she eats the feet, they must be tough? Yes, the snake was gorgeous. Not sure if it was a black snake or a black racer. The racers get huge around here. Both boas.

Back