What's goin' on with everybody

BrUHh-ther! Bring the heat! 🥵🤣

I'm just experimenting with my salsa at this point because I needed some with no or extremely low sodium.

My basic ingredients are:

3 lbs Tomatillos
4 Garlic cloves - grated
1 Bunch Fresh Cilantro (stems and all)
1/2 Bunch Fresh Flat Parsley (stems and all)
3/4 oz. Fresh Basil (stems and all)
7.5 oz. Can Chipotles in Adobo Sauce
3 Fresh Limes (Juice of)
24 Chiltepin Peppers - crushed (previously used 6-8 Habaneros)

My first two salsas, I included a white onion. I also roasted the tomatillos, onion and garlic - just till charred a bit. When the third batch was needed, I didn't have time to do the roasting so I skipped that part. For some reason, I could barely taste the difference, so now I leave out the onion and skip the roasting. I used to use a blender but the jar was just too small and I had to make it in two sections then blend them at the end. Got rid of that and got me a Cuisinart processor (magic machine) which can handle twice the amounts. I don't need anything liquified, and the processor leaves it just chunky enough.

First I halve the limes, set them into a bowl face-up and microwave for 2 minutes - let them cool while prepping the rest (nuking them extracts their vitamin-C as well as most of their juice, squeezing gets the rest out). I cut the small tomatillos in half and quarter the large ones, I throw them all in my food processor and pulse them down, then add remaining ingredients and blend for 30 seconds. Makes a little more than enough to fill an old mayo jar.

The color varies with each batch. Everything is nice and green until the chipotles with adobo go in, then it goes greenish-brown - but seems to get greener as it sits in the fridge for some days.

I might play around with your recipes, except for the avocado. They're loaded with potassium.. another goodie I need to stay away from these days.
If you're trying or need to go no salt.......Truth be known, I sometimes forget the salt in some of it....and don't really miss it. I add a little salt first to the diced tomates for the pico to draw out liquid(which I dump) before adding the other ingredients. Don't like watery and messy pico de gallo. Keep in mind, that adobo sauce is somewhat salty, though. Lime can also almost act as a salt substitute. For me, lime juice can sometimes make things too thin, as much salsa on my shirt as made it to my mouth....so at times I might use some lime zest(grated green part of the skin) in place or in conjunction with the juice.

Hey, it's what you like that is important, and i'm no expert.......but basil and parsley are questionable ingredients in traditional salsa verde.

As far as onion: If diced in a pico de gallo(beak of the rooster), I rinse under cold water for a second or two to remove any sulfur type taste. There's a science to it, something about when cut damage to the cell structure releasing sulfur like compounds yada yada whatever. Roasting for other salsas seems to do do similar and releases the natural sugars.

Anyway. I gotta take a look at what's available....might havta order me up some chilies.

I'm not familiar with "Mala" but Sichuan pepper corns are on my 'to get' list - thanks for the tip on the pink ones. I really have to watch it with some of the Asian sauces as they can be so loaded with sodium. I was doing some modified stir-fried recipes last year with regular cabbage, fresh ginger, toasted sesame oil, white wine vinegar, fresh garlic along with various fresh peppers and small quantities of beef.
If you're on a no or low salt diet, yeah, the (yin and yang) complexities of Chinese cooking might be out. Perhaps low sodium soy sauce?

Something i've never got my hands on because i'm not sure a good brand....Shaoxing Wine. Supposed to be somewhat sweet...might do the trick of not actually using sugar, for someone avoiding sugar. Also, black vinegar has a sweetness...i guess chinese version of balsamic.

Just tossing ideas out there for options for a less unhealthy and more healthy way to build complexity of a chinese dish.

Truth, the best way towards health, and perhaps complexity, good fresh and varied ingredients. If I was on a restricted diet, to keep things interesting, heat and acidity would definitely and often be on the menu.

Stay healthy, my friend.

Just to be clear I wasn't preaching atcha with "advice". Hope I didn't come off that way. It was more a PSA in general. You sound like it's not your first rodeo at the hot chili chaparral. (y)
You're cool. I've made a note to drop the Basil and Parsley from my next batch. I appreciate your input on the chilis.

I can take the heat so far with everything leading up to a ghost pepper - haven't had that one yet.

I had to give up drugs. Then smoking and drinking. I'm into music and peppers now.. music and peppers... and this ash tray... and this thermos... and this paddle ball...

No matter what they tell you, how they tempt or how they goad, never ever lick a toad. Things will go clammy, and you'll go out of your head. Just say no, kids, eat a chili instead.

Timothy Doodly, care of the Bad Poets Society.

Last edited:
Do you get paid in, like, insane amounts of money, or more pieces of cardboard?
I mean so far, most of the cards I’ve paid for have gone up in value, so I’d be making money if I sold them. But there are no tournaments with money on the line or anything.

There was a story with Brittney Spears and how she wants her freedom...So, she says she wants to get married and remove the IUD and have kids. Didn't she already have kids?

I think that is the point....whose business is it but hers if she wants to get married or have kids, or get married and have kids, or not get married and have kids? Or more accurately to the point, whose business is it but hers if she wants to drive along the freeway and throw hand fulls of her millions out the window? Because that's what it is all about, isn't it? Money. If she couldn't fund her conservatorship, if she didn't have any of those millions the courts wouldn't give a damn about conserving her personal well-being and security in the trailer park. Or, on the street, for that matter. Nope. Hell, if she became a "sex worker" or started hooking on the streets, she might likely be saluted as independent, strong, an empowered female. My body my choice, right?

Do they do mental evals before you're allowed to abort a kid?

Is forced sterilization of the mentally deficient and unstable still a thing, I thought they did away with that sort of thing. If not, check the net, tik tok and the like.....apparently there's no shortage of instability going around.

Last edited:
if she became a "sex worker" or started hooking on the streets,
She isn't a sex worker? What talents did she have? She was pretty? A 'slave for you'...

Beyonce' can dance
Janet Jackson can dance
Pink can sing

Yeah , I dont know what she did? But...Opps she did it again...

She isn't a sex worker? What talents did she have? She was pretty? A 'slave for you'...

Beyonce' can dance
Janet Jackson can dance
Pink can sing

Yeah , I dont know what she did? But...Opps she did it again...
She made a lot of money. That money is at the root of her current and unfortunate circumstances. Any other questions?

A "slave for you" indeed.

Man, I'd wrap her legs around my head, and breath through her like a snorkel..
Although I can understand the inclination to do so, I have grown to feel it demeans oneself to objectify women in such a manner. A deviancy. It is wrong, and disrespectful to others, as well as oneself.

There was a time when I dropped a few extra pounds and even more so than in the past experienced how it feels to experience attention for not who you are, but for how you appear. It is an odd and uncomfortable feeling, looking right through you to see you. I was told, "C'mon, you never noticed women looking at you?" I hadn't, really, not like that. I didn't care for it.

Besides, I have a mother, sisters, grand daughters, nieces, etc......all pretty women, young ladies, and girls. I'll bust your jaw.......

Last edited:
Back