What ya drinking this weekend....

Dogman

Unkle Ticklefingers
and any other cool plans you asshats have....

I'm drinking some beers, and am going to grill some food. I also refuse to do much Monday, so my weekend will be about 3 days long. :D

I'm drinking some cheap beer and grilling some cheap meat. Let me see what I have to do to get this stuff tender...

I'm drinking some cheap beer and grilling some cheap meat. Let me see what I have to do to get this stuff tender...

How cheap of beer, and meat? For cheap meat, you cah do as Dragon says, or even just make a simple marinade...and let it sit for as long as possible...even a whole day. A beer, or marinade steak can turn out excellent...or, put a small amount of oil in a frying pan, heat it, and then fry teh steak for about 30 seconds per side......then cook as you wish on the grill, or even broil in the oven. It should be tender. :D

How cheap of beer, and meat? For cheap meat, you cah do as Dragon says, or even just make a simple marinade...and let it sit for as long as possible...even a whole day. A beer, or marinade steak can turn out excellent...or, put a small amount of oil in a frying pan, heat it, and then fry teh steak for about 30 seconds per side......then cook as you wish on the grill, or even broil in the oven. It should be tender. :D

My wife soaks tri-tip in some magic sauce for 2 or 3 days in the refrigerator while it's defrosting. It sure doesn't last long after I've grilled it!

My wife soaks tri-tip in some magic sauce for 2 or 3 days in the refrigerator while it's defrosting. It sure doesn't last long after I've grilled it!

That's what you have to do with cheaper cuts....or else you soak them, then put them in a dehydrater to make jerky out of them. We found some Mock Tenderloins for $.98 a pound, and marinated them for over 24 hours, then made jerky out of them...it turned out good. :D

That's what you have to do with cheaper cuts....or else you soak them, then put them in a dehydrater to make jerky out of them. We found some Mock Tenderloins for $.98 a pound, and marinated them for over 24 hours, then made jerky out of them...it turned out good. :D

Yeah, well, this stuff wasn't cheap to begin with, and let me tell you I must have carved 1/4 pound off it for "tasting" as soon as it was done! :cool:

We found some Mock Tenderloins for $.98 a pound

Wow, that's cheap! Not bad, not bad.;)

Yeah, well, this stuff wasn't cheap to begin with, and let me tell you I must have carved 1/4 pound off it for "tasting" as soon as it was done! :cool:

That's what always kills me...the tasting BEFORE dinner....:D

Wow, that's cheap! Not bad, not bad.;)

It's amazing sometimes....we went to find our dogs some bones, and bare pet bones were $.99 a pound...yet beef ribs were $.88 a pound....guess what our dogs got???:D

It's amazing sometimes....we went to find our dogs some bones, and bare pet bones were $.99 a pound...yet beef ribs were $.88 a pound....guess what our dogs got???:D

That's scary.

But shop for any cheese or fish lately? Sheesh!

These are 2 chuck roasts. I seasoned them and then browned them on the grill a little bit. put a frying pan on the grill and put the roasts in there with a half a Busch. So I guess I took your guys advice without even knowing it.:cool:

That's scary.

But shop for any cheese or fish lately? Sheesh!
I just bought some Talapia today...it wasn't that expensive...about $3.50 a pound. Haven't looked for salmon for a few weeks, as we bought a bunch of frozen stuff pretty cheap.

These are 2 chuck roasts. I seasoned them and then browned them on the grill a little bit. put a frying pan on the grill and put the roasts in there with a half a Busch. So I guess I took your guys advice without even knowing it.:cool:

Tell us how it turns out...

I recently had some Rolling Rock, and tomorrow night I figure I'll go all out at the open bar.. :)

We'll see what suits my fancy.

Drinking Chianti and waitin' on TS Gabrielle :cool: I'm going to pretend it's Gabriela Sabatini, I always had the hots for her :o

I just bought some Talapia today...it wasn't that expensive...about $3.50 a pound. Haven't looked for salmon for a few weeks, as we bought a bunch of frozen stuff pretty cheap.

I bought some sushi-grade tuna steaks at a local seafood shop last weekend, $18 for four good sized steaks :) I cut myself off a piece of sashimi before I seared them, that is good stuff :cool:

I bought some sushi-grade tuna steaks at a local seafood shop last weekend, $18 for four good sized steaks :) I cut myself off a piece of sashimi before I seared them, that is good stuff :cool:

Man, grilled tuna is excellent...we can never find good tuna steaks here. :(

On the way home from work, I picked up a couple of gorgeous New York strip loins and still have some dark rum that Teknomike gave me for my birthday when he was in town last month! :)

Thanks, Mike! :)

Cheers! :)

Generally speaking, cooking tuna beyond searing the outside should be a crime . . . you gotta come here man, they catch these babies a few miles offshore :cool:
To grill tuna, I usually fire up the grill, put a little garlic butter on a steak, give it some marks on each side...maybe 1 minute, depending on thickness, then eat it...but in Idaho, we get a chance for decent steaks about twice a year, at $12 a pound...:o
On the way home from work, I picked up a couple of gorgeous New York strip loins and still have some dark rum that Teknomike gave me for my birthday when he was in town last month! :)

Thanks, Mike! :)

Cheers! :)
Damn, sounds good man...if you were just a days drive closer, you'd probably have guests tonight....:D

Back