What made Trump so bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If ANY politician does crimes I want them investigated and indicted for them. That's the difference between a real patriot and a cultist in a red hat
I am in full support of this.

That however means a LOT of people in federal, state and local governments.

Since covid there has been a lot of talk of the “great reset”.

Good! Start with the government. Take out the trash. All of it. Clean house.

One problem is so many people have gotten away with things for a long time with zero accountability. I think in DC they do a good job of covering each others asses.

Periodically one becomes a target and is taken down like a sacrificial lamb. But for the rest it’s business as usual.

Imagine how much better things would be if we had a government that consisted of nothing but decent honorable honest people.

yes I read it.
What is your justification for the FISA warrant against Carter Page?
We're going down rabbit holes now? I'd ask you if you thought it was fair for Comey to publicly reopen the case against Hillary (never plead the fifth) Clinton a few weeks before an election, but I'm sure that's just fine because "dirty DemonRats". Again I'm no fan of corporatists in any form Hillary among them but that was a nasty political move.

I am in full support of this.

That however means a LOT of people in federal, state and local governments.

Since covid there has been a lot of talk of the “great reset”.

Good! Start with the government. Take out the trash. All of it. Clean house.

One problem is so many people have gotten away with things for a long time with zero accountability. I think in DC they do a good job of covering each others asses.

Periodically one becomes a target and is taken down like a sacrificial lamb. But for the rest it’s business as usual.

Imagine how much better things would be if we had a government that consisted of nothing but decent honorable honest people.
We shouldn't have to imagine it. Get rid of Citizens United, take private money out of public office and elections, let politicians sustain their lifestyles from salary alone and you might actually achieve it. Abolish the Electoral College and watch how utopian we can get compared to the status quo.

We shouldn't have to imagine it. Get rid of Citizens United, take private money out of public office and elections, let politicians sustain their lifestyles from salary alone and you might actually achieve it. Abolish the Electoral College and watch how utopian we can get compared to the status quo.
Agree 100% with every point except electoral college.

We're going down rabbit holes now? I'd ask you if you thought it was fair for Comey to publicly reopen the case against Hillary (never plead the fifth) Clinton a few weeks before an election, but I'm sure that's just fine because "dirty DemonRats". Again I'm no fan of corporatists in any form Hillary among them but that was a nasty political move.
Here's mud in yer eye. 🥃 🥃 🥃 :drunk:
Who will exonerate Robert Mueller?

But there was some nasty stuff going down in the country, and all kamala could do was praise and encourage it.
As I said to agree she should have discouraged the violence and property damage, but peaceful protesting is a protected constitutional right, and not enough was being done to stop police brutality. Trump had an opportunity to speak out against it. He chose to remain silent as well and only speak against the protesters. As MLK said, a riot is the language of the unheard.

I remember what it was.....somebody said something about "young people protest"?

The "protestors" were out there starting fires attempting to burn shit down, tossing flaming cocktails or whatever over a fence that had been erected to protect a government building from attacks. There stood the mayor of the city, Democrat, grown man, elected chief executive of the city praising the protestors, and actually stated..."I am one of you", that's a quote...while in the background they were attempting to destroy the fence and burn the government building to the ground. It may be difficult at this point, but I can try to locate the video as proof of what I witnessed with my own eyes. Then again maybe one of you guys could find and relay one of those fact check searches.

But The Proud Boys are extremists? I am an extremist?

You want to talk about extreme? Let's talk about extreme poverty. I've seen the videos of poor black women(and men) living in poverty in those communities that were destroyed. They were absolutely heartbroken and lost at what their home and community had become. On a limited budget having it already necessary to travel outside of their neighborhoods to purchase some necessities of life such as food, they now awake in the morning to see the neighborhood drugstore burned beyond recognition. Distraught, weeping, "Why are they doing this? How am I going to get the medication I need?" Those businesses are gone, and are never coming back. Then you hear NPR run stories on "food deserts" with a bit maybe slightly suggestion of racism, or those businesses are so set on making a buck that they don't want to serve impoverished communities. Or they run a touchy feely story about how public transportation is such an awesome option, especially for people with few if any other options. Then you also see radical left govt officials decriminalize shoplifting, the police will not even show up, and if a shop owner or employee uses violence to stop or apprehend the perp, they risk being charged with a crime. Then the retailers just leave, pack up and leave never to come back. I'm surprised someone like whats his name, Spike Lee, I'm surprised he hasn't invested the millions he has made exploiting the cause to make a real difference. Put his money where his mouth is, invest in a grocery, or pharmacy. I wouldn't doubt he has a sneaker line or
some such out. Good for him. It's one thing to live in poverty, it's another to look fly while doing it....I reckon especially while you're burning down your grandma's pharmacy.

You can sit back, turn away and not look at it, minimize it as a fringe extreme, but for those who must live in those communities because they have nowhere else to go, it's not fringe. It is reality. And the left, from the political class to the media, and I'm not talking the extreme, they are culpable. As are you for your tacit approval of turning away, not addressing and condemning it.

Or maybe, just maybe, there are good people on both sides of the argument? *spit*

Reactions: RFR
That justifies representatives but not the EC. Also representation in congress is a mess too. Every state only gets two senators. How is that fair?

Are you retarded or just 15 years old and should be excused because you don't know any better?

Are you retarded or just 15 years old and should be excused because you don't know any better?
I didn't realize we had the kind of relationship that allows ad hominem attacks. I didn't realize we were such good friends.

Google searched "What is an example of constitutional republic?"

An example would be the United States government, which has elected legislators, elected executives and judges that generally are appointed but sometimes are elected to interpret any laws that are passed and make sure that they are constitutional

What's the retarded part of that?

Or maybe, just maybe, there are good people on both sides of the argument? *spit*

Not good people, but extremists on both sides. Very few people on the left condone the violence, just like very few on the right would support beating capitol police within inches of their lives. It is a black eye to democrats to have had this happen in their name. Though again, Trump had the opportunity to address the protests in a productive way. He chose an authoritarian response that stoked further protest. He could have said “I hear you, here’s what we can do”. He didn’t. If you’re going to bitch about the protests, at least remember why they happened and maybe, just maybe, consider addressing that.

Last edited:
I didn't realize we had the kind of relationship that allows ad hominem attacks. I didn't realize we were such good friends.

Google searched "What is an example of constitutional republic?"

An example would be the United States government, which has elected legislators, elected executives and judges that generally are appointed but sometimes are elected to interpret any laws that are passed and make sure that they are constitutional

What's the retarded part of that?

Hi, my name is Mick Doobie...at least that's what they call me around these parts, among other things.

Krakit said:
Also representation in congress is a mess too. Every state only gets two senators. How is that fair?

There is a set number of elected representatives in the house. The set number is proportioned to each state based on population, with each state having a minimum of one, just to keep representation fair. Taxation without representation is not a good look. It might cause problems, such as our very own American Revolution against The Crown.

Each state is to have an equal number of senators. 50 states, 100 senators? Each state gets two. In a way it's kind of like the ol' one person(state), one vote, it keeps things fair.

The United States is a vast area. Some areas with a more concentrated populace, some areas less populated. California has a large population. If not for our what might be considered checks and balances, California with its large population might decide the water in a lesser populated neighboring state would be best utilized for the good of the people and to be sent to California, even against the will of those in the less populated state. Or California might want to really be serious about stopping manmade global climate change, heavily regulate energy producers, and have their energy needs shipped in from neighboring less populated states. It might make Californians feel really good about being really serious about fighting climate change, all the sacrifices they're making, but is it really a serious effort of neighboring less populated states have to do the dirty work and the environment in which they live suffers. Given that climate change is global, does it even actually address the problem, or would it merely give California with its large population undue power to determine how they live as opposed to their unfortunate less populated neighbors. I think gasoline now is around $5.16 per gallon in California, here where I live it is currently around $3.15. I would rather pay $3.15 rather than $5.16. ymmv. If you live in California, more power to you, there.

Let me know if you have any more questions, I will attempt to oblige.

Not good people, but extremists on both sides. Very few people on the left condone the violence. It is a black eye to democrats to have had this happen in their name. Though again, Trump had the opportunity to address the protests in a productive way. He chose an authoritarian response that stoked further protest. He could have said “I hear you, here’s what we can do”. He didn’t. If you’re going to bitch about the protests, at least remember why they happened and maybe, just maybe, consider addressing that.

Clearly we do not live in an enlightened age.

Someone here mentiined something about damned if you do, damned if you don't. We have also talked a bit about optics. There would have been no right option for Trump. Either it was Trump's America, full of rioting and burning shit down..
.and murder in the name of righteousness. Or he could call it like it is, it was wrong and if localities do not establish law and order to put an end to it, perhaps the federal government should. The People deserve better than for local governmental bodies and the police they control to "address" the problem by doing very little to nothing. Which is not addressing the problem at all, but surrending to lawlessness. But it was "Trump's America", what ever could they do, it was out of their hands.

But in "addressing" the problem, you are talking about police brutality? Yeah, let's be honest, some or a lot of those accusations were bullshit, or partially so. Lies and distortions. Any excuse for rioting, looting, and burning shit to the ground, in Trump's America. It can be easily proven, but I'm not going case by case, for what purpose would I put forth the effort.

Hands up don't shoot!

Clearly we do not live in an enlightened age.

Someone here mentiined something about damned if you do, damned if you don't. We have also talked a bit about optics. There would have been no right option for Trump. Either it was Trump's America, full of rioting and burning shit down..
.and murder in the name of righteousness. Or he could call it like it is, it was wrong and if localities do not establish law and order to put an end to it, perhaps the federal government should. The People deserve better than for local governmental bodies and the police they control to "address" the problem by doing very little to nothing. Which is not addressing the problem at all, but surrending to lawlessness. But it was "Trump's America", what ever could they do, it was out of their hands.

But in "addressing" the problem, you are talking about police brutality? Yeah, let's be honest, some or a lot of those accusations were bullshit, or partially so. Lies and distortions. Any excuse for rioting, looting, and burning shit to the ground, in Trump's America. It can be easily proven, but I'm not going case by case, for what purpose would I put forth the effort.

Hands up don't shoot!
Agree that most of the rioters were opportunistic punks, not necessarily making a political statement. Agree that some police brutality accusations are bullshit. However, some are also never heard about and victims just deal with it. As a leader, you sometimes have to deal with public perception regardless of facts. Doubling down on authoritarianism doesn’t help public perception. Treat the issue, and also treat the perception. Trump did neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back