What made Trump so bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has doubts there is seriously something wrong with the FBI, they have likely been blinded by partisanship. It is dangerous, very dangerous when the FBI becomes a political arm of either party.

That's what I don't get. Why do some people shrug or even become enthusiastic when the government oversteps, just as long as it is your political slant? Actually that's not a slant, that's full on fucking nuts. Given time, your party is no longer pulling the strings of power. I think that's deeply rooted in the left, and why we see all the tantrums, burning shit. Grassroots, if you will. And the political class is apparently fine with it, even encourage it. Let it burn, defund the police, decriminalize criminal behavior under the banner of "over incarceration". The truth as I see it, the left makes full use of pawns to do the dirty work, minions, while putting on airs of decency and decorum, being above the fray. Uniting the country. Which what it all boils down to, is, we could all get along famously, if you would just agree with us/me.

That Obama was quite a gentleman, eh?

Reactions: RFR
If anyone has doubts there is seriously something wrong with the FBI, they have likely been blinded by partisanship. It is dangerous, very dangerous when the FBI becomes a political arm of either party.
That’s why presidents almost never fire FBI directors.

That's what I don't get. Why do some people shrug or even become enthusiastic when the government oversteps, just as long as it is your political slant? Actually that's not a slant, that's full on fucking nuts. Given time, your party is no longer pulling the strings of power. I think that's deeply rooted in the left, and why we see all the tantrums, burning shit. Grassroots, if you will. And the political class is apparently fine with it, even encourage it. Let it burn, defund the police, decriminalize criminal behavior under the banner of "over incarceration". The truth as I see it, the left makes full use of pawns to do the dirty work, minions, while putting on airs of decency and decorum, being above the fray. Uniting the country. Which what it all boils down to, is, we could all get along famously, if you would justThat Obama was quite a gentleman, eh?
Young people tend to vote liberal, and young people are more likely to riot / vandalize etc. I don’t think there’s a political strategy to have people burn cities. That’s practically a Fox News talking point to scare their base. Biden directly opposed the whole defund the police thing. Thinking rioters represent the left is the same as thinking neo-nazis represent the right. If you want to unite, then making sweeping, derogatory generalizations is not the way to do it. I’m disgusted by Trump, and those who continue to support or defend him after what’s he’s done. That’s as far as I’ll generalize.

That's what I don't get. Why do some people shrug or even become enthusiastic when the government oversteps, just as long as it is your political slant? Actually that's not a slant, that's full on fucking nuts. Given time, your party is no longer pulling the strings of power. I think that's deeply rooted in the left, and why we see all the tantrums, burning shit. Grassroots, if you will. And the political class is apparently fine with it, even encourage it. Let it burn, defund the police, decriminalize criminal behavior under the banner of "over incarceration". The truth as I see it, the left makes full use of pawns to do the dirty work, minions, while putting on airs of decency and decorum, being above the fray. Uniting the country. Which what it all boils down to, is, we could all get along famously, if you would just agree with us/me.

That Obama was quite a gentleman, eh?
One of those in the political class encouraged the violent left’s “peacefull protesting” despite the flames of their destruction and violence being painfully visible.
And this was out in the open on late night TV. They even organized bail for these “peaceful protesters”.

That woman is now our Vice President.
In my eyes, she should be in jail for inciting a riot, as well as aiding and abetting criminals.
No one cares, no one bats an eye.

However if on the campaign trail Trump appeared on the Steven Colbert show saying the same things regarding the proud boys or someone else, it’s guaranteed all hell would break loose.
The outrage and calls for arrest of the Donald would be nonstop.

Not only do we have a two tiered justice system, but we have selective justice.

That's what I don't get. Why do some people shrug or even become enthusiastic when the government oversteps,
What exactly has been overstepped?

That’s why presidents almost never fire FBI directors.

Young people tend to vote liberal, and young people are more likely to riot / vandalize etc. I don’t think there’s a political strategy to have people burn cities. That’s practically a Fox News talking point to scare their base. Biden directly opposed the whole defund the police thing. Thinking rioters represent the left is the same as thinking neo-nazis represent the right. If you want to unite, then making sweeping, derogatory generalizations is not the way to do it. I’m disgusted by Trump, and those who continue to support or defend him after what’s he’s done. That’s as far as I’ll generalize.

I have no interest in uniting. Not under terms which will not include my own. Not by agreeing right is wrong, and wrong is right, according to psychotic rationalizations. Not under the terms of words are violence, so shut up. Not under terms of denying the reality of basic biology, or else. Not under terms that I must surrender autonomy in favor of being catalogued into a collective. Not under terms that it is tolerable to destroy communities, businesses, homes, lives to achieve the goal of a just society by anyone's definition. Not under terms that law applies or does not apply depending on a perceived greater good. I could go on...

but I have no interest in uniting with morally and ethically bankrupt ideologies.

I haven't the time, patience, or energy.
Fair enough.
I'm still waiting to see what TF it is they wanted to get out of there. Some scuttlebutt about nuclear docs, but to me that's BS until proven.
They're not going to go through this shit show for love letters from North Korea.

Fair enough.
I'm still waiting to see what TF it is they wanted to get out of there. Some scuttlebutt about nuclear docs, but to me that's BS until proven.
They're not going to go through this shit show for love letters from North Korea.
Whatever it was it appears they did not find it. I mean, if it was really worth what they wanted. But that's only my opinion. Either it's show, disengenious, or Garland, if on the up and up, he seems too forthcoming about the release of details. Details are not typically released pending further investigations. "Can't comment..." Is usually the go-to in those circumstances.

I watched the whole thing. I did not hear her advocate violence.
You must have missed it through all the political word salad fluffy feel good bullshit.
But towards the end she says;(paraphrased) that the protests will not stop and they shouldn’t. They should continue through and after Election Day.

Keep in context that these were the BLM protests sparked off of George Floyd’s death.
Sure there were many nationwide completely peaceful protests, but there were many very violent ones in DC, LA, Portland, Minnesota and other places that were completely whitewashed by the MSM and the politicians.
She was talking about the protests as a way to enact political change and was fully aware of and in support of them occurring.

This was right after Biden picked her as a running mate.
Seeing how she was now the possible future VP, she could have toned down her support for the protesters, but no she welcomed and encouraged them. In her position, I find it hard to believe she wasn’t aware of the carnage from some of these events.
Not ONCE did she ever condemn the violence, looting, the burning down of buildings, including a police station, and even the murders that occurred during the ‘summer of love’ .

She flat out ignored it. And don’t tell me she didn’t know.

You would think that a person in the position of being the second highest elected official of the United States, would at least say “Hey guys, chill out. Stop the violence. Protest peacefully”

But she did not. She encouraged ALL of it.

You would think that a person in the position of being the second highest elected official of the United States, would at least say “Hey guys, chill out. Stop the violence. Protest peacefully”

Ok you are right. I agree she should have used the opportunity to discourage the violence.

Ok you are right. I agree she should have used the opportunity to discourage the violence.
See this is one of the problems with that time period. Politicians and the media ignored and even denied that the violence existed. What a massive gaslighting operation
I was over at a friends house who has always the biggest tv screen available, and the news came on with this one reporter was talking about the ‘mostly peaceful protests’
At the same time the whole background behind him was in flames. The TV covered the whole wall, and I’m watching Portland burning in magnificent 4K HD .
:D

You must have missed it through all the political word salad fluffy feel good bullshit.
But towards the end she says;(paraphrased) that the protests will not stop and they shouldn’t. They should continue through and after Election Day.

Keep in context that these were the BLM protests sparked off of George Floyd’s death.
Sure there were many nationwide completely peaceful protests, but there were many very violent ones in DC, LA, Portland, Minnesota and other places that were completely whitewashed by the MSM and the politicians.
She was talking about the protests as a way to enact political change and was fully aware of and in support of them occurring.

This was right after Biden picked her as a running mate.
Seeing how she was now the possible future VP, she could have toned down her support for the protesters, but no she welcomed and encouraged them. In her position, I find it hard to believe she wasn’t aware of the carnage from some of these events.
Not ONCE did she ever condemn the violence, looting, the burning down of buildings, including a police station, and even the murders that occurred during the ‘summer of love’ .

She flat out ignored it. And don’t tell me she didn’t know.

See, that's what strikes me as very weird. Sometimes I don't know if some of the guys here are in denial, ambivalent, or they are getting their News of current events from the wrong place where certain things are not being covered. Ignorant, not trying to be insulting.

For instance: I bet you do, but I wonder if any of them are aware of the violence that went on with the protests in places like Portland or Seattle. I can't remember whether it was Portland or Seattle, the fucking place was ablaze. They tried to burn down one federal building with federal employees inside. They actually used cement to seal the doors from the outside so no one could escape the flames. I mean, that's attempted murder of federal employees. Crickets, if not "mostly peaceful protests". I might have it wrong, but I think it was Portland, one of those cities, the whacked Democrat mayor was out there praising the protestor's dedication to the cause, or whatever, and in the background the "protestors" were lighting fires burning fuckin shit. Burning shit down. It was insane. Antifa, which supposedly stands for "anti fascist", was out there harassing people, halting traffic at intersections and forcing random people to abide by their directives, and kicking the shit out of people. The government did nothing! You know who did, The Proud Boys. Finally someone stood up to the lawlessness and victimization of communities and citizens. It was THEN that all of a sudden the media and politicians finally took notice. The Proud Boys are fascists! I liked 'em, The Proud Boys. The government who was refusing to perform one of it's few primary functions of use, finally someone was kicking those cowardly little antifa fucks asses. I loved it. But they were the bad guys, because antifa, no matter how unlawful and oppressive their tactics, they were like, fighting against fascism. What's his name brother cuoma on the teevee, he even once queried, "You know who else fought fascists?", and accompanied a picture of allied forces storming the beaches at Normandy. It's insane, and I hope our friends here at home recording.com are just ignorant of the reality of these things.

You know who started all this utilitarian bullshit, or if not started it was fully onboard? The scholar and gentleman, Barrack Obama. Meh, maybe not. The left has for some time followed a doctrine of the ends justify the means. Obama was perhaps a mere disciple.

I try not to hate, I don't want to hate. But I despise the left. I fucking hate them. I hate them so much that I would possibly once again vote for Donald Trump just to witness the complete psychological breakdown. What a glorious day that would be. At that point, a part of me is A fucking okay if once those fuckers attempt to burn shit down, citizens band together and shoot. them. fucking. down. in. the. streets. Peacefully, of course. The ends justify the means, you want it, you got it.

Nah, I don't advocate or believe any of that. Remember, rumor has it I'm a liar.

^^ Please no one Like that post. Better a lone frustrated nutjob than, you know, a vast conspiracy to....whatever. Besides, I think maybe I got the COVID, running a slight fever. Any lawyer worth his/her salt could successfully argue I am totally not in my right mind. The COVID is some serious shit, iffin you ain't heared. Disabilities act. Worst case, three hots and a cot, or a baloney sammich. Or....yeah, that's about it, I got nothin else.

Portland was where they tried to burn down a police station with cops inside. I think they went after a federal building too. Before the mass twitter purge there were lots of civilian journalists live streaming events on Twitter and Facebook. Real time reporting of the events on the ground.

There was even an on camera murder. An alleged proud boy, I say he’s alleged because he had on a hat. Who knows what affiliation he had or didn’t have.

But any way he was leaving alone and two Antifa fucks all in the black garb and face masks started chasing him down, cornered him and shot him to death. Then they ran off.

The mayor was, shall we say ineffective? That’s a nice way to put it.

Trump offered to send in federal help and he refused.

Seattle had their ‘autonomous zone’ taking over downtown and were calling thier new city Chops. Mayor there didn’t do shit either. It was a “peaceful protest”. Until some people got shot and the downtown got destroyed.

Many don’t even know about this because the MSM did little to no reporting on it.

All the Facebook and Twitter documentation has been scrubbed, so it’s all down the memory hole.

My small city was about to be invaded by two busloads of Antifa. One from the north one from the south. Simultaneous coordination.
Thankfully we have a good county Sheriff and some people were deputized. Antifa was met by the “AR15 welcoming committee” and they all piled back into their busses and headed back to where they came from. Not a shot fired, not one business destroyed. Everything remained peaceful and quiet.

But there was some nasty stuff going down in the country, and all kamala could do was praise and encourage it.

Wrong. Again.

Last edited:
What’s creepy as fuck is that the Dems and the left have taken something like “Make America Great Again” and turned it into a dirty word.
I don't agree. It's just a stupid slogan. From the same people who sell us toothpaste. Not unlike: "Build Back Better". These campaign slogans and others like them are insulting to me.

IMO, you should admit and acknowledge that the MAGA slogan is directly tied to a horror of a human being who presided over a disastrous and divisive administration. That's trump's and his followers fault - not their perceived enemies.

But I do think terms like "liberal" and "woke" have been turned into "dirty words" in the sense that you mean. If you look up the strict dictionary definition of either of those words.... I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to be either "liberal" or "woke". See for yourself.

Last edited:
RFR - were you going to have any response to this?

Or just gloss over it and move along? I'm pretty sure that is good information.

I think this is too:

Maybe this legislation is a great boondoggle. But it also just may benefit those very people who are critical of it. But they'll never know because they too live in a media bubble social echo chamber - like they accuse others of.

Last edited:
Relative to Sky Blue Lou's comments about picking your battles:

NYT op/ed by the conservative anti-Trump David Brooks

Why is Donald Trump so powerful? How did he come to dominate one of the two major parties and get himself elected president? Is it his hair? His waistline? No, it’s his narratives. Trump tells powerful stories that ring true to tens of millions of Americans.

The main one is that America is being ruined by corrupt coastal elites. According to this narrative, there is an interlocking network of highly educated Americans who make up what the Trumpians have come to call the Regime: Washington power players, liberal media, big foundations, elite universities, woke corporations. These people are corrupt, condescending and immoral and are looking out only for themselves. They are out to get Trump because Trump is the person who stands up to them. They are not only out to get Trump; they are out to get you.

This narrative has a core of truth to it. Highly educated metropolitan elites have become something of a self-enclosed Brahmin class. But the Trumpian propaganda turns what is an unfortunate social chasm into venomous conspiracy theory. It simply assumes, against a lot of evidence, that the leading institutions of society are inherently corrupt, malevolent and partisan and are acting in bad faith.

It simply assumes that the proof of people’s virtue is that they’re getting attacked by the Regime. Trump’s political career has been kept afloat by elite scorn. The more elites scorn him, the more Republicans love him. The key criterion for leadership in the Republican Party today is having the right enemies.

Into this situation walks the F.B.I. There’s a lot we don’t know about the search at Mar-a-Lago. But we do know how the Republican Party reacted. The right side of my Twitter feed was ecstatic. See! We really are persecuted! Essays began to appear with titles like “The Regime Wants Its Revenge.” Ron DeSantis tweeted, “The raid of MAL is another escalation in the weaponization of federal agencies against the Regime’s political opponents.” As usual, the tone was apocalyptic. “This is the worst attack on this Republic in modern history,” the Fox News host Mark Levin exclaimed.

The investigation into Trump was seen purely as a heinous Regime plot. At least for now, the search has shaken the Republican political landscape. Several weeks ago, about half of Republican voters were ready to move on from Trump, according to a New York Times/Siena College poll. This week the entire party seemed to rally behind him. Republican strategists advising Trump’s potential primary opponents had reason to be despondent. “Completely handed him a lifeline,” one such strategist told Politico. “Unbelievable … It put everybody in the wagon for Trump again. It’s just taken the wind out of everybody’s sails.”

According to a Trafalgar Group/Convention of States Action survey, 83 percent of likely Republican voters said the F.B.I. search made them more motivated to vote in the 2022 elections. Over 75 percent of likely Republican voters believed Trump’s political enemies were behind the search rather than the impartial justice system, as did 48 percent of likely general election voters overall.

In a normal society, when politicians get investigated or charged, it hurts them politically. But that no longer applies to the G.O.P. The judicial system may be colliding with the political system in an unprecedented way.

What happens if a prosecutor charges Trump and he is convicted just as he is cruising to the G.O.P. nomination or maybe even the presidency? What happens if the legal system, using its criteria, decides Trump should go to prison at the very moment that the electoral system, using its criteria, decides he should go to the White House?

I presume in those circumstances Trump would be arrested and imprisoned. I also presume we would see widespread political violence from incensed Trump voters who would conclude that the Regime has stolen the country. In my view, this is the most likely path to a complete democratic breakdown.

In theory, justice is blind, and obviously no person can be above the law. But as Damon Linker wrote in a Substack post, “This is a polity, not a graduate seminar in Kantian ethics.” We live in a specific real-world situation, and we all have to take responsibility for the real-world effects of our actions.

America absolutely needs to punish those who commit crimes. On the other hand, America absolutely needs to make sure that Trump does not get another term as president. What do we do if the former makes the latter more likely? I have no clue how to get out of this potential conflict between our legal and political realities.
We’re living in a crisis of legitimacy, during which distrust of established power is so virulent that actions by elite actors tend to backfire, no matter how well founded they are.

My impression is that the F.B.I. had legitimate reasons to do what it did. My guess is it will find some damning documents that will do nothing to weaken Trump’s support. I’m also convinced that, at least for now, it has unintentionally improved Trump’s re-election chances. It has unintentionally made life harder for Trump’s potential primary challengers and motivated his base.

It feels as though we’re walking toward some sort of storm and there’s no honorable way to alter our course.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back