What I've learned from experience...

Well here in Cali one thing the libby's did was pass a law that gas stations have to provide air and water for free..Now to be clear they still have the little coin thing for those that don't know the law and actually pay for the air and water...but if you walk in and say I need air or water they'll turn it on for you FOR FREE...fer fucks sake!
I didn’t know it was law..... just thought they were being nice :)

I guess there’s at least one benefit to living in a communist country. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: TAE
You pay for air for your car tyres? Wow. Free here in Australia. Always has been. (y)

Not every single station will have an air outlet, but 90%+ do. Mostly these are places without mechanic facilities attached, so they have to buy the compressor. These days they all have digital displays and you just dial up and down whatever pressure you need. My car is 42 up front and 39 rear.

You couldn't pay for air here if you wanted to. Just part of the service.

Mind you, they hit you up pretty hard on the snacks, but I'm guessing we're not unique in that regard.

I didn’t know it was law..... just thought they were being nice :)

I guess there’s at least one benefit to living in a communist country. :LOL:

Nope it's law now. It doesn't require them to let you know it's the law so many still have the coin thing for those that don't know. They sure as hell don't come running out and tell you " no man I can turn it on for you for free" but if you go in and ask they must.

On cool tire inflaters, Costco has the coolest here in Cali. Man awesome snap on tip to the valve and it's all digital. You set the pressure you want connect the snap on connector to the valve and wait for the thing to ring...done EZ PZ

Last edited:
. . .

On cool tire inflaters, Costco has the coolest here in Cali. Man awesome snap on tip to the valve and it's all digital. You set the pressure you want connect the snap on connector to the valve and wait for the thing to ring...done EZ PZ
That sounds like alien technology Major Jesse Marcel kept hidden from everyone until one of his grandchildren discovered it in his secret hideaway decades later.

• Love
That sounds like alien technology Major Jesse Marcel kept hidden from everyone until one of his grandchildren discovered it in his secret hideaway decades later.
Bastard! Don't get me started on Jesse...Roswell is such a oops!, let the cat of the bag on that one didn't I....Oh shit no...it was just a weather balloon. Jesse was was just REALLY drunk when he said that stupid alien shit... Oh well that's another story and topic...I started one a while back "Are there or are there not flying saucers or...ahem.... UFO's"

Last edited:
Well here in Cali one thing the libby's did was pass a law that gas stations have to provide air and water for free..Now to be clear they still have the little coin thing for those that don't know the law and actually pay for the air and water...but if you walk in and say I need air or water they'll turn it on for you FOR FREE...fer fucks sake!

I have a lot of Ryobi 18 volt stuff and just recently bought this little 18 volt battery operated air pump specifically designed for blowing tires and toys up with air. The ol Ronco thing "Set and forget it" Yep I screw it onto the valve stem set at 40 lbs and walk away it is slower than my big guy air compressor but the convenience is VERY cool and the wife n kids can use it easily if they so choose... So far so good but probably has a limited life span...

View attachment 117180

I love it! I have a bunch of 18 volt aftermarket Ryobi lithium batteries that I buy off of Amazon and a bunch of ryobi tools AND 3 chargers...the latest awesome tool I have is the wood trim pin nailer OMG it's awesome!
I have the same one and use it on our cars and bikes. Works great.

Mine's about that easy, too. All digital. The connector screws on the valve, then set PSI and hit the button. No ding when it's done, though. I wonder how much dings cost..? I've got some locking chucks but need male/male connector to add one to the hose. Jesse's probably got one. . .

Mine's about that easy, too. All digital. The connector screws on the valve, then set PSI and hit the button. No ding when it's done, though. I wonder how much dings cost..? I've got some locking chucks but need male/male connector to add one to the hose. Jesse's probably got one. . .
Yeah I have a Ryobi battery operated one...real slow but does the job....I usually just wait till I go to Costco to keep the pressure levels good

When I worked in CT. they had those machines. you could put money in them. A lot of people didn't know that you could
just walk in and ask the cashier to turn it on and by state law they had to. That was in 2009?

When I worked in CT. they had those machines. you could put money in them. A lot of people didn't know that you could
just walk in and ask the cashier to turn it on and by state law they had to. That was in 2009?
Can we call a truce please? I take your comments on board and yes you are right.

I don't remember any stupid comments and I don't remember calling you out but I am old and crusty?
I may have disputed something I thought was wrong? Maybe it wasn't? I wasn't trying to call anyone
out and I am not exactly sure what that means. Then again, I am old and crusty.

Back