What I've learned from experience...

If (when?) I ever get my own home, I will definitely get a good air compressor for the garage. Then I'd gather a small assortment of pneumatic tools for doing repairs on my 21 year old car.

Well as much as I am pneumatic tool guy who's been wrenching more than 50 years for my personal stuff and have several for automotive air tools (Impact, butterfly, ratchet etc..) , I find that these battery operated tools are way easier and faster than breaking out the air compressor and lines. I'm even considering going battery with nailers though I have a complete set of air ones now..That damn Ryobi pin nailer has really impressed me...

I guess I'm just used to hearing that pneumatic air gun ringing all day from all my years around dealer shops. VVVVvvvt! VVVvvvt! :D

Anyone who sells tires will inflate them. It doesn't cost them and they want you to be their customer for your next purchase. If you really want to spend money you can find pancake style real air compressors on sale for ~100.00 at Northern tool or Harbor Freight Tool. Like this one on amaxon:

Anyone who sells tires will inflate them. It doesn't cost them and they want you to be their customer for your next purchase.
:-) Not to refute your statement, but.. It made me chuckle a little because when I had my car in to the place I get my tires for an LOF and Coolant flush-fill, all my tires were very low and I asked them to air 'em all up while they had it in the shop. I watched the guy write it on the work order. When I get the car back none of the tires had been aired up. Thought this was funny.. ;)

:-) Not to refute your statement, but.. It made me chuckle a little because when I had my car in to the place I get my tires for an LOF and Coolant flush-fill, all my tires were very low and I asked them to air 'em all up while they had it in the shop. I watched the guy write it on the work order. When I get the car back none of the tires had been aired up. Thought this was funny.. ;)
You gave them too much to do and they got confused.:unsure:

As I mentioned earlier, I already have a Milwaukee 18V driver, so I went ahead and got the M18 Inflator. . . which arrived today.

I've had my car in the dealer's shop twice this past week for maintenance and repairs (SES Light). I knew my tires were low when I took it in (I didn't mention this to the advisor), so today I went after them with my new inflator. As soon as I connected the hose the readout showed a whopping 39 PSI. I'm thinking "Oh crap! This thing is busted right outta the box!". I had set the target PSI to 32 PSI, but the inflator is designed not to start if the target PSI is lower than actual tire PSI - makes sense.

Now I go around and check all the tires and they're all way over. . . 36-42 PSI - Crazy! Well, at least this tells me the thing ain't broke, so I drop the PSI in all the tires and go at it again. . . with great success.

Evidently, the tech was kind enough to air up my tires but didn't check pressures after. No harm done.

This little tool works fast but sure is noisy at first when I'm leaning over it as I turn it on, then it's not so bad when I back away a couple feet. I like it.

inflator.png

Reactions: TAE
As I mentioned earlier, I already have a Milwaukee 18V driver, so I went ahead and got the M18 Inflator. . . which arrived today.

I've had my car in the dealer's shop twice this past week for maintenance and repairs (SES Light). I knew my tires were low when I took it in (I didn't mention this to the advisor), so today I went after them with my new inflator. As soon as I connected the hose the readout showed a whopping 39 PSI. I'm thinking "Oh crap! This thing is busted right outta the box!". I had set the target PSI to 32 PSI, but the inflator is designed not to start if the target PSI is lower than actual tire PSI - makes sense.

Now I go around and check all the tires and they're all way over. . . 36-42 PSI - Crazy! Well, at least this tells me the thing ain't broke, so I drop the PSI in all the tires and go at it again. . . with great success.

Evidently, the tech was kind enough to air up my tires but didn't check pressures after. No harm done.

This little tool works fast but sure is noisy at first when I'm leaning over it as I turn it on, then it's not so bad when I back away a couple feet. I like it.

View attachment 125384
Battery charger, compressor and jump leads I have in my garage. Its essential if you have an old Jag xxxx

Every week... tyre pressure check, coolant level, brake fluid level, power steering fluid level, oil level.. basic maintenance

I am not a fan of coolant flush unless it is totally needed. It can cause problems due to its corrosive nature. I had an oil flush on my 23 year old Jag and it did the job but not to recommended without a pro

Every week... tyre pressure check, coolant level, brake fluid level, power steering fluid level, oil level.. basic maintenance
I do mine the first of each month.
I am not a fan of coolant flush unless it is totally needed. It can cause problems due to its corrosive nature. I had an oil flush on my 23 year old Jag and it did the job but not to recommended without a pro
Well, it wasn't a chemical flush. Just plain water to flush out the old coolant so there would be less contamination of the new. The brake and transmission fluids were flushed and refilled about 25K miles ago.

I do mine the first of each month.

Well, it wasn't a chemical flush. Just plain water to flush out the old coolant so there would be less contamination of the new. The brake and transmission fluids were flushed and refilled about 25K miles ago.
How do I get out of here?

Back