What do you think of this AI stuff?

So my curiosity got the better of me and I tried some AI stuff.

Tried out multiple voices. Paul McCartney, John Lennon, Hank Hill, Peter Griffin, Obama and some others.

The best ones I did was one song on the Paul voice (the rest of the songs sounded like a 14 year old Paul) and a recording I did with Peter Griffin (though that one has a lot of artifacts, but it’s very clearly Peter). John’s wasn’t good at all. I didn’t do a good enough Hank impression, and Obama sounded a bit off.

What matters I guess is how good the material the AI is working with. A man is going to have a much easier time doing Paul than a woman, and Vice versa for Beyoncé. But AI is in its nascent stages and a time could come where that’s no longer a thing.

Anyway, that one Paul and Peter recording are pretty uncanny in how close they are. I won’t post them, but if anyone wants to hear just how good AI is, I can PM you the clips.

If anyone doesn’t know, there’s a growing scam where someone spoofs the phone number of someone you know, uses video or any other recordings to train the AI, and then mimicked the person you know to scam them out of money. I never really answer phone calls that much anymore, but it may get to the point where people will have to ask “security” questions to ensure who you’re talking to is actually that person.

Are we destined to have 2 factor authentication to answer the phone?

Ring Ring......

"Whats the code phrase?"

"The Bull is in the China Shop".

"Confirmed! Hi mom, how are things going?"

Who is writing this fancy new AI software?
Is it the same bunch of morons that generate all the bug-ridden software we are forced to buy and use?
If AI was any good, they shoud apply it to all software, before it is released, to eradicate bugs.
There would be no need for software updates, because they would have got it right before release.
I am not holding my breath.

Who is writing this fancy new AI software?
Is it the same bunch of morons that generate all the bug-ridden software we are forced to buy and use?
If AI was any good, they shoud apply it to all software, before it is released, to eradicate bugs.
There would be no need for software updates, because they would have got it right before release.
I am not holding my breath.
I mean, there’s tons of computer programmers out there, but I do see that a lot of releases are more bug ridden than previous ones.

I suspect much of that is due to the complexity of software these days with many more lines of code. That’s just many more chances that the code can be straight up wrong, that one line doesn’t play nicely with another, far more things to check and far more things programmers wouldn’t think to check, and so on.

I mean, there’s tons of computer programmers out there, but I do see that a lot of releases are more bug ridden than previous ones.

I suspect much of that is due to the complexity of software these days with many more lines of code. That’s just many more chances that the code can be straight up wrong, that one line doesn’t play nicely with another, far more things to check and far more things programmers wouldn’t think to check, and so on.
Let A.I. fix it. It's theirs now anyway?

I have to ask.....what does everyone think of the "Last ever Beatle song'? I think talking about AI assistance led many people astray. I was talking to my brother about this song. He said,"That's not really John Lennon." so I encouraged him to watch the "making of" video. There is something very touching about Paul's (80+) voice singing with a young John Lennon. It reminds you that time passes so quickly, and that you never really know how long you'll be here. And.....The remixed Blue album on Vinyl sounds so good. I've only streamed the Red album, but I will eventually get it on Vinyl. I just can't explain how good the blue album sounds.
Here is a question I have:
If Paul had died in the 80's ( I know..he died in 1966) , and John was the one still here, would he have done the same thing with a McCartney cassette? I kind of think he wouldn't care about it. What do all of you think?

I have to ask.....If Paul had died in the 80's ( I know..he died in 1966) , and John was the one still here, would he have done the same thing with a McCartney cassette? I kind of think he wouldn't care about it. What do all of you think?
That's quite a question! Unanswerable to say the least as to how John Lennon's reaction might have been if Paul had died before him but Lennon would have on the opportunity to write a song on his own.

Actually, the one thing the rich need is the poor. Having AI isn't going to alter that. Besides, humans like sex, 👩🏻‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏿 👅 and we all know where that leads to. 🫄🏽 🚼 🤱🏿 👩‍👧‍👧
There will be the rich and their robotic servants or only the robots. Believe me. Once they replace plumbers, doctors, lawyers, carpenters, engineers, there is no job they will not be able to replace. They will be able to build and repair themselves. I have been to the biggest machine trade show in the world in Chicago and other shows in my job capacity. it is only in it's infancy.

I am watching another talk on A.I. You will have to excuse me. It could be worse, it could be the Knicks.

Back