Turbonegro at the Black Cat tonight!!!!

Turbonegro = best band since the Ramones retired.
You've got to be kidding right?
I saw The Ramones and they were absolutely the worst band I've ever heard and all of their songs sounded pretty much the same. Even my daughter who was dying to see them and was the main reason I went, started rolling hereyes at them after about the third song.
Absolutely the worst .... even worse than some of the bad cover bands I've heard ..... well, maybe not that bad but bad.
You recent collab was far, far better than anything they stumbled on that day.

I saw The Ramones and they were absolutely the worst band I've ever heard and all of their songs sounded pretty much the same. Even my daughter who was dying to see them and was the main reason I went, started rolling hereyes at them after about the third song.
Absolutely the worst .... even worse than some of the bad cover bands I've heard ..... well, maybe not that bad but bad.

Had you ever heard the Ramones before you went? Did you think their set list would be a clinic on musical diversity? :D

I've seen the Ramones 3 times and they were awesome every time. Just like their recordings only faster. No dead air.

Not that you care, but you just took a fatal belly-flop off my musical credibility chart. :eek: :D

Just kidding man.

Seriously, you just don't get it. They're not for everyone, but their importance to the history of rock and roll is undeniable. Their songs are short, fast, and fun. If you're looking for some kind of hippy meaningful singer/songwriter junk, look elsewhere.

Had you ever heard the Ramones before you went? Did you think their set list would be a clinic on musical diversity? :D

I've seen the Ramones 3 times and they were awesome every time. Just like their recordings only faster. No dead air.

One live Ramones show packed enough energy to power a city. I've seen them 6 times. I was never ever disappointed.

Here'a a pic that was in today's Washington Examiner. :D

Attachments

• Turbonegro.jpg
    Turbonegro.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 39

You might as well hit GregL where it really hurts while you're in the neighborhood. Start with anti-KISS comments then move on in no particular order to:

1. LSU football
2. Dachshunds
3. Fishing
4. Classic cars
5. High top Converse shoes

:D

If you're looking for some kind of hippy meaningful singer/songwriter junk, look elsewhere.
lol ..... nah it's not that. I like meaningless songs ..... i just always prefer that bands I see can actually play worth a crap even if it's only one chord!

lol ..... nah it's not that. I like meaningless songs ..... i just always prefer that bands I see can actually play worth a crap even if it's only one chord!

You need to give them another listen. Get any one of their first 4 albums or a greatest hits CD. You will change your mind.

Have fun Madz.....:D

And if you really want to hit Greg, ask him if his drums are there yet.....:p

Full moon tonight. The energy in the club is gonna be crazy!!!!! :eek: :D

I'm listening to "Party Animals" while I get ready and wait for my friends to arrive. I'm going to the show with Groins bass player Jonathan and his girlfriend, and Blinddfold guitarist Darrel and his wife. My new friend Martine had a previous commitment for tonight, so I guess I'll be the odd man out! ;)

Camera battery is charging up, CF card is dumped and empty......

I'm a little excited. Can you tell? :rolleyes:

You need to give them another listen. Get any one of their first 4 albums or a greatest hits CD. You will change your mind.
Ok ...... I'll do that ...... I'm open to the idea of me being full of crap.
Whenever a bunch of people like something I don't like, I always figure I just haven't been exposed to the right stuff by that group. I mean, if all you ever heard by Hendrix was Purple Haze, you'd have absolutely no idea of what he was all about.

And any band can have a bad outing plus when I saw them was close to the end of their career ..... so they may have been at their worst.

Any of the first 4? I'll look for them ...... report back once I do.

Back