This is far beyond sick.

Work till you die I say. Why retire at 65 and see your faculties diminish and your body waste away? Enjoy life while you’re young. The paradigm that old folks should be supported by youth is so wrong in today’s world it makes me want to fuck some shit up. Boo Ya bitch.
I concur with you assessment.. I am 68 have not started taking my SSI, I'm still kicking ass and taking names ( albeit with a little less energy than at 30) and will keep on keeping on till it's time for me to say adios. I have a business going where I make a decent living that doesn't take up 40 hours a week..I have a dozen new business opportunities on the fire, patents pending, songs a writing AND I get to play in this frickin band...Shit Howdy and a big YEE HAW as I slide into home plate. It ain't over till it's over and IT AIN'T OVER! THIS IS THE LIFE FOR ME! ( not me on the keys on this one...dude is a bad ass, tough act to follow but that's the cross I must bear)

I am past the point of rescue

Last edited:
I came upon a page in Quora today that focus's on the study and development of Stoicism...Seems most of us Homerecer's here could use a little of it as we expound upon our ignorance here in Prime Time...I like it

1651330666877.png

I think it's probably a lot easier to not be provoked in a private conversation but still hard not to be.

Here in a public forum when someone puts you down or discounts your thoughts, your position or opinion on any certain topic or subject, the urge to counter attack equally or with even more vim and vigor is really hard to control.

Fucking ego..

damn you!

Fricking Butthurtedness...

ya know when ya get a spankin, it hurts tears come to your eyes (They sure did when I was a kid)
And when you're hurt or offended you want to lash back..

The key to the Stoicism thing is don't let it or "them" get in your head...by taking offence you are allowing them to spank you.

No free rent in my head asshole...out you go...yeah right...easy to say , hard to do...

Hmmm? Don't take it so serious....Seriously!

the average life expectancy for a gay man is 50 years.
How old is Elton John then 75? Better tell him he is on borrowed time.

Some gay celebs who died at 50 Laidback.

Liberace 67?

Rock Hudson 59?

Quinton Crisp 91?

Lindsay Kemp 80?

Last edited:

Liberace 67?

Rock Hudson 59?

Quinton Crisp 91?

Lindsay Kemp 80?
Isn't it strange how those maybe well off celebrities didn't die young? I ponder why? Maybe they made good choices? Not sure how this post makes any point.

Just throwing that out there. Don't try to call me a racist or whatever for making a comment. It will not have any benefit for you nor I.

Liberace 67?

Rock Hudson 59?

Quinton Crisp 91?

Lindsay Kemp 80?

Keith Richards is alive at 78 -- after lifelong IV drug addictions , alchoholism and chain smoking.

Reality is much different for most people that are gay and/or use IV drugs:

"Previous estimates from obituaries and pre-1994 sex surveys suggested that the median age of death for homosexuals is less than 50 yr."

"intravenous drug abusers and homosexuals taking HIV tests in Colorado had almost identical age distributions."

"The four lines of evidence were consistent with previous findings suggesting that homosexual activity may be associated with a lifespan shortened by 20 to 30 years."

Pre 1994 was before they had got the medication correct to treat hiv and aids. So really your figures are obsolete and the equivalent of infection pre penicillin.

Pre 1994 was before they had got the medication correct to treat hiv and aids. So really your figures are obsolete and the equivalent of infection pre penicillin.

Analogy fail. AIDs has no cure, and the treatment is lifelong and very expensive, where the patient has a lower quality of life.
On the other hand Penicillin actually cures the patient so he can return to a normal life, at a low cost, in a relatively short time.

"HIV care involves a type of medication called antiretroviral therapy (ART) and regular visits with your doctor. One study estimated that costs of this care could run anywhere between $1,800 to $4,500 each month during a person’s lifetime. Most of this, about 60%, comes from the high cost of ART medications."

average monthly cost = ($1,800 + $4,500)/2 = $3,150 / month
30 yrs x $3,150 per month x 12 months per year = $1,134,000 to live as long as everyone else.

Is it worth it?

PS: He's still infected with HIV after the treatments, and he'll live longer top pass it on to more partners.

Last edited:
Just throwing it here because I thought it was funny. YMMV. Your mileage may vary. :)
Kinda sums it up tho don't it?

1651372771506.png

Most people can not afford $3,150 a month for poor health.
Just give it some time.
Then I get what? $3000 of recreational drugs a month? Shit gets expensive.

Make it even. I want Tax dollars to pay for my coke weed and heroine. Cause I want to have a good time my way too. I did it my way..Sing it, Frank

Last edited:
Most people can not afford $3,150 a month for poor health.
Just give it some time.
But the majority of gay men do not have hiv or aid's. There may be a higher percentage than straight people but infection rates are dropping by large amounts annually.

So how does your claim that gay men die at 50 stand up after your 30 year old statistics?

Pre 1994 was before they had got the medication correct to treat hiv and aids

But the majority of gay men do not have hiv or aid's.

yup.. It must be a different reason that gay men are dying early, huh?

So how does your claim that gay men die at 50 stand up after your 30 year old statistics?

It looks like you answered your own question to me: other issues shorten the life of a gay man.
Just to name a few: Domestic violence is higher, homicide is higher, drug addiction is higher, STDs, and suicide is higher among gay men.
Gay men typically have like 10x more sex partners in a lifetime compared to straight men.
The gay life is not very gay, so it appears.

PS: It was NOT my claim that gays don't live as long, it was the NIH's claim based on studies in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Britian, and the USA.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9923159/

yup.. It must be a different reason that gay men are dying early, huh?

It looks like you answered your own question to me: other issues shorten the life of a gay man.
Just to name a few: Domestic violence is higher, homicide is higher, drug addiction is higher, STDs, and suicide is higher among gay men.
Gay men typically have like 10x more sex partners in a lifetime compared to straight men.
The gay life is not very gay, so it appears.

PS: It was NOT my claim that gays don't live as long, it was the NIH's claim based on studies in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Britian, and the USA.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9923159/
Pure bollox but in your case I can believe.

To justify a wild claim, you base your facts on 30 year old statistics and then twist everything else to fit what you want to claim.

I have never understood why some people are obsessed with what others do when it comes to sex, which is nothing more than a bodily function like taking a dump.

Pure bollox but in your case I can believe.

To justify a wild claim, you base your facts on 30 year old statistics and then twist everything else to fit what you want to claim.

I quoted verbatim from the National Institute of Health website.... and it's all just twisted wild claims according to you.
So... do tell us Ed, where is your scientific data that says... by golly... gays live just as long as straights???
I'll wait indefinitely.

I have never understood why some people are obsessed with what others do when it comes to sex, which is nothing more than a bodily function like taking a dump.

Neitther do I inderstand why kindergarteners are told that a man can have a baby.

Back