The manufacturer responses to questions on why their digital cables sound better

rob aylestone

Denon were selling a cable - their description bordered on the silly side

Dedicated DENON LINK cable made of high-purity copper wire
  • Get the purest signal from multi-channel DVD and CD playback through Denon receiver
  • Connector and cable structure designed to thoroughly eliminate adverse effects from vibration
  • Rounded plug lever on connector to prevent bending or breaking
  • Measures 1.5 meters long (59 inches)
The stopped selling it, but did have a sense of humour
Question:
I am selling my kidney for $15000 to buy this cable (New one is for $9999, refurb is $999, used is $400). Which one is best? I dont wanna be cheap!!!
Answer:
Dear Valued Customer: We at Denon understand our customers' concerns with being perceived as cheap, and we try to go the extra mile to make sure you walk away with an expression of sullen resignation on your face and a brand new AKDL1 in your hand. We even offer a gift receipt service in which we bronze and mount your transaction slip to a varnished sheet of ivory for display purposes; surely none of those jerks at work will dare call you cheap when they see THAT baby!
In regards to your actual cable needs, we would recommend you purchase one of each type of cable just to be on the safe side. Not because there is any record of a Denon AKDL1 ever actually failing, but merely that any such failure would likely obliterate your house when the warp portal to Dimension X snaps shut, so spares are always nice to have. Also each cable provides a stackable +10 to Charisma and an immunity to HIV
Question:

I need at minimum 1.21 Gigga Watts will I be able to achieve that power with this version or do I need the Newer version?

Answer:

Well, that is the question. Earlier this year California exceeded 1 gigawatt in solar energy generation. The entire network is bussed through one of these cables in Sacramento. The outer shielding is reported to be cool to the touch. Interestingly enough, the USB connectors are glowing cherry red but Denon has stated that cherry red is within their operating parameters and not to be concerned about failure until the connector transitions from blue to white at which time a blast that will devastate approximately 4 city blocks is imminent. Denon is further helpful by stating that users should wear hazardous environmental suits beyond 1 gigabyte so my recommendation to you doctor is to keep that suit on, and your seat belt too, of course, whenever seated in the DeLorean. BTW, one of these cables slipped through Ebay in a middle of the night auction for $6.00, so there are deals to be found. Denon got wind of the sale and immediately stated that the warranty is non-transferable. Yea Denon!

Verified Purchase:

Arnold in Two Egg, Fl.

I have two of these cables - one for Saturday and one for my jar of dill pickles. I am extremely happy with these, they are everything the manufacturer says and more.

My brother-in-law hung himself with one of these cables. It worked fine, but my now widowed sister no longer has need for it. Is it returnable for a full refund.

I was thinking of buying this ethernet cable for $7400 for an 8m cable. Would it boost my Youtube streaming to 8K video at 10 Gigabyte downloads speed. I currently have a 720p Plasma that is at over 15 years old and 200MB service. I also consistently see that the 27th and 33rd pixel on the 147th scan line is off shade. Will this cable fix that? If I plug this cable in backwards, will cause the sound of my TV to be reversed?

AudioQuest Diamond RJ/E Ethernet Cable​

Item # AQRJEDIA

Top-of-the-Line Ethernet Cable with Solid 100% Perfect-Surface Silver (PSS) Conductors​

Top-of-the-line Diamond Ethernet cable from AudioQuest offers uncompromising network connectivity. It boasts Solid 100% Perfect-Surface Silver (PSS) Conductors, Solid High-Density Polyethylene Insulation, AudioQuest's exclusive proprietary Dielectric-Bias System, and a Carbon-Based 3-Layer Noise-Dissipation System.​

Solid 100% Perfect-Surface Silver (PSS) Conductors​

Perfect-Surface Technology applied to extreme-purity silver provides unprecedented clarity and dynamic contrast. Solid conductors prevent strand interaction, a major source of cable distortion. Extremely high-purity Perfect-Surface Silver minimizes distortion caused by the grain boundaries which exist within any metal conductor, nearly eliminating harshness and greatly increasing clarity compared to OFHC, OCC, 8N and other coppers.​

Solid High-Density Polyethylene Insulation​

Any solid material adjacent to a conductor is actually part of an imperfect circuit. Wire insulation and circuit board materials all absorb energy (loss). Some of this energy is stored and then later released as distortion. Solid High-Density Polyethylene Insulation ensures critical signal-pair geometry while minimizing insulation-induced phase distortion.​

Dielectric-Bias System​

All insulation slows down the signal on the conductor inside. When insulation is unbiased, it slows down parts of the signal differently, a big problem for very time-sensitive multi-octave audio. AudioQuest’s DBS creates a strong, stable electrostatic field which saturates and polarizes (organizes) the molecules of the insulation. This minimizes both energy storage in the insulation and the multiple nonlinear time-delays that occur. Sound appears from a surprisingly black background with unexpected detail and dynamic contrast. The DBS battery packs will last for years. A test button and LED allow for the occasional battery check.​

Carbon-Based 3-Layer Noise-Dissipation System​

100% shield coverage is easy. Preventing captured RF Interference from modulating the equipment’s ground reference requires AQ’s Noise-Dissipation System. Metal and Carbon-Loaded synthetics prevent most RFI from reaching the equipment’s ground plane.​

Terminations​

Diamond uses precision-made low-loss ultra-wide bandwidth connectors with 100% shield coverage and strain relief.​

High-Speed Data Capacity​

The Cat 7 cable standard has been created to allow 10-Gigabit Ethernet over 100 m of copper cabling.​

Directionality​

All audio cables are directional. The correct direction is determined by listening to every batch of metal conductors used in every AudioQuest audio cable. Arrows are clearly marked on the connectors to ensure superior sound quality. For best results have the arrow pointing in the direction of the flow of music data. For example, NAS to Router, Router to Network Player.​

Denon's high purity copper is clearly superior to the lower purity copper used by other leading brands.

All audio cables are directional. The correct direction is determined by listening to every batch of metal conductors used in every AudioQuest audio cable. Arrows are clearly marked on the connectors to ensure superior sound quality. For best results have the arrow pointing in the direction of the flow of music data. For example, NAS to Router, Router to Network Player.
lol they're not even trying to hide that it's fake/scam.

Some years back, a friend was buying black plastic bands that were put on the edge of a CD to make it "track better". He gave me copy of Dark Side of the Moon with a ring on it. It wouldn't play in my CD player. I took off the plastic ring and it played perfectly. So much for tracking better.

The world of "high end audio" is rife with tweakery and mystical products, all of which purport to remove the veils which impede your enjoyment of the music. So much of it is probably rooted in the old analog days, when you really could do stuff like align a cartridge properly, or set the tracking force and antiskating to play better. With digital, people want to extrapolate the things they did with records to CDs. Eventually it becomes a case of the Emperor's New Clothes.

Back