The I Love Global Warming Thread

How about the water supply. How's that holding up. :cool:

On the coast, just fine. The rest of the state is in a severe drought though. Most of our water is from deep wells, I read today. I thought we actually pulled some brackish surface water, but I guess I was wrong.

Anyway, now that it's the offseason here, water demand drops greatly. There are relatively few year-round residents, about 35,000 in Dare county which is over 60 miles of coastland. The summer population including visitors is about 8 times that, so the infrastructure is much larger than residents need in the offseason.

I'd probably love it if it was January, but the humidity here is getting very old.

How about the water supply. How's that holding up. :cool:

Here in the middle of the state we're on phase II water restrictions. We're supposed to get some rain today and tomorrow, its the first time in I really don't know when. We've been having to import our water from neighboring counties.

I agree. Global Warming kicks ass. Here it is the middle of October, and I'm still fishing at the beach every weekend. :)

I have strategically determined by space time threads, of infinite possibilities that Canada is one and only one thing, its the attic of North America, the type of attic that nobody would want to go into, except Canadians and maybe a Aussie or two. Other then that, not much to talk about really.

I have strategically determined by space time threads, of infinite possibilities that Canada is one and only one thing, its the attic of North America, the type of attic that nobody would want to go into, except Canadians and maybe a Aussie or two. Other then that, not much to talk about really.

Don't forget the French! The cooler climate keeps them fom getting too stinky.

F.S.

It's been a record breaking cold summer around here. I'm convinced that if Al Gore would just book some long speeking engagements in Portland things would warm up.

F.S.

Back