The Elephant and Covid at the Southern Border

60's guy

Yeah, I know. We're not allowed to post political opinions.
However, the situation at the southern border appears to have become unmangible.
How did that happen?
Among the one million+ people who have crossed the border illegally, many thousands of those people are Covid positive.
I'm just asking how it is that politicians, Democrat and Republican alike, seem to be more concerned about whether or not grade school kids should wear masks when they return to school in September.
How do politicians think?
Or do they actually think?

Gotta make money out of this...........Gotta look good out of this..............Gotta see my family does good out of this............Gotta see my friends make good out of this.............me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me!

Would we be any different?

Yeah, I know. We're not allowed to post political opinions.
However, the situation at the southern border appears to have become unmangible.
How did that happen?
Among the one million+ people who have crossed the border illegally, many thousands of those people are Covid positive.
I'm just asking how it is that politicians, Democrat and Republican alike, seem to be more concerned about whether or not grade school kids should wear masks when they return to school in September.
Or do they actually think?

Brown people are not to blame for the COVID outbreak. America could easily reach herd immunity and virtually eradicate COVID in America if every eligible American would get the vaccine - which is tested, safe, cost-effective, and widely available.

Brown people are not to blame for the COVID outbreak. America could easily reach herd immunity and virtually eradicate COVID in America if every eligible American would get the vaccine - which is tested, safe, cost-effective, and widely available.
:unsure::unsure::unsure:

We have in comparison a very good take up of the vaccine. 80+%. There is no way it will be eradicated here. The truth is infection rates are very high and even with being vaccinated we are now told we can still catch Covid and transmit it.

Now we are told or scared that there are mutations on the way. ............. Ho Hum ......remember the good old days when all you had to worry about was catching AID's on a drunken night out or some old film star of a president pressing a red button.

Last edited:
:unsure::unsure::unsure:

We have in comparison a very good take up of the vaccine. 80+%. There is no way it will be eradicated here. The truth is infection rates are very high and even with being vaccinated we are now told we can still catch Covid and transmit it.

Now we are told or scared that there are mutations on the way. ............. Ho Hum ......remember the good old days when all you had to worry about was catching AID's on a drunken night out or some old film star of a president pressing a red button.

I didn't know you lived in Malta - which is the only country in the world above 80% full vaccination. Uncoincidentally, your (Malta's) COVID infection rate is quite low at 13 new cases per 100,000 people reported per day:

Compare that to Florida - which has a rate of 90 new cases per 100,000 people (which is the second worst rate out of all the states in the USA). In other words, 60's Guy's preferred strategy has results that are currently 7 times worse than Malta's. JMO, but I'd recommend Malta's approach over Florida's.

Interestingly, here are the worst states in America for COVID infections:

1. Louisiana
2. Florida
3. Arkansas
4. Mississippi
5. Alabama
6. Oklahoma
7. Texas
8. South Carolina
9. Missouri
10. Georgia

It's probably not a coincidence that these states generally have low vaccination rates coupled with Republican Governors and Republican legislatures who are anti-science.

Last edited:
No we are at 59% 'fully' vaccinated and UK about the same for 'fully' vaccinated. But I think over 80% have had the one dose administered. Even so today in Ireland infections have gone through the roof and almost doubled in just 2 days. Most likely to the re-opening of all facilities over the past 2 weeks.

So you see vaccinations even if you have had both jabs do not stop people getting the nasty and in no way at all eradicate the virus.

Ireland's infection rate over the past week averages 10 new cases per day per 100,000 residents. That's a 6% increase in the past week. That's really not high, and with only 59% fully vaccinated it's certainly not evidence that the vaccines are failing. Quite the opposite really.

Again, Florida's rate is 90, ten times worse.
I remember you now. You love to twist words.

My reference was to your claim of eradicating the virus if everybody took the jab. I dont care where you go with this but all evidence points to.............not true.

Head of Health service claimed yesterday 89% have one dose and 77% have two doses taken. On Friday we had 1782 'new' infections. Today we have 1837 'new infections'.

Everything on the up since restrictions lifted and vaccination rates DO NOT stop new infections and ERADICATION is bollox.

I've seen reports ranging from 9% to 27% of illegals coming over the border are covid positive. "Brown people" as you insist on calling them, because you are a racist. With either or possibly somewhere in between percentages possibly being true, is there any other demographic inside this country with an equal or greater rate of being covid positive? You appear to believe those numbers are insignificant or of little consequence or concern. If 9-27% of Floridians were currently testing positive I suspect you would be singing a different tune.

Speaking of "brown people", African American rates of vaccination fall well behind the goal of every eligible American getting vaccinated so we could "easily" achieve herd immunity. With inequity so prevalent in the US, they say that black minority communities are are at greater risk and are overrepresented in infection and death rates. If you really care about people, instead of concerning yourself with Republican Governors perhaps you should concentrate your efforts on helping "brown people"? But you won't, because you are a partisan racist. You don't care about "brown people" outside of how they fit as pawns in your political paradigm.

Last edited:
I didn't even know he was still alive. And I'm not entirely convinced someone else isn't posting as 60's guy because if my math is correct, he would be 137 years old. But his posts seem senile still so I guess it's possible.
137? Not yet. 72 now and definitely not senile.
I remember when I picked you up at Bradley Airport in 2006 to attend Jamfest 6. It was my pleasure to meet you and drive you to Andover to attend Jamfest 6. I immediately sensed your aloofness and huge ego.
If you insist on pushing my buttons, I will persist and press your buttons.

I lived up to my obligation to meet and greet you. Welcome you to Connecticut, and to Jamfest 6.

When I drove you back to Bradley Airport you turned toward me and said, "The thing I love most about Homerecording forum is that I have been able to convince and distract people so that they can never figure out what I think."

The words you spoke 15 years ago to me spoke to your character.

Trust me when I say that not once over the course of the last 15 years had I ever considered quoting you and telling everyone else your opinion of HR members and how easily they can be misled.

What's next?

I've given you extreme leeway over the past 15 years, until now.

In other words, 60's Guy's preferred strategy has results that are currently 7 times worse than Malta's.
My preferred strategy? Did I profer a strategy to deal with the southern border? I didn't profer a strategy mostly because it's been proven that Trump's policy of building border walls worked in conjunction with legal avenues of legal entry into the U.S.

Now that Joe and Kamala have lost control of the southern border, what strategy would you recommend?

My preferred strategy? Did I profer a strategy to deal with the southern border? I didn't profer a strategy mostly because it's been proven that Trump's policy of building border walls worked in conjunction with legal avenues of legal entry into the U.S.

Now that Joe and Kamala have lost control of the southern border, what strategy would you recommend?
Passing laws that would make political parties pay for any mistakes they make while they are in office with the seizure of the parties members financial assets in payment.

Then you see a good government at last one day.

"tested, safe" So was ZANTAC. FDA approved. Lawsuits ongoing. How many FDA approved drugs have been pulled? This isn't even fully FDA approved.

While I don't feel the vaccine will kill you (probably), there absolutely could be side effects. Tested is absolutely true. Millions have gotten it. Using the word safe is media spin. There is no proof it's safe. People have died from it. So, it should include the warning "in rare cases may cause death". One of the problems with the deaths, some died who more than likely wouldn't have died if they got covid.

It's easy to speak talking points, especially important words like "it's safe" without having a damn bit of proof to back it up. Do I think it's safe? Probably. But, no guarantee. I'm almost kind of hoping there's severe long term side effects, so assholes who got it and tried to push others to get it, die, or their immune systems are highly compromised. That's not mean. That's justice.

I'm not opposed to it. If I'm forced, they'll have to come and jab my arm. I don't take vaccines. I didn't get the one in 2009 and I'm still alive. the shameful part of all this is, the only people dying are elderly and people with underlying conditions. So, unless you're old and sick or young with all kinds of problems, your chances of dying or being hospitalized are fairly slim. But, the media, CDC, and WHO have done one of the worst jobs getting a coherent message to the people. Fauci "Masks don't work." Fauci a day later "Masks are helpful." Fauci an hour later "Masks will help stop the spread." Fauci a while later "Well, it's better to be safe than sorry." I should trust his word on "safe"? He's a liberal shill if ever there was one.

I'm not opposed to it. If I'm forced, they'll have to come and jab my arm. I don't take vaccines. I didn't get the one in 2009 and I'm still alive. the shameful part of all this is, the only people dying are elderly and people with underlying conditions. So, unless you're old and sick or young with all kinds of problems, your chances of dying or being hospitalized are fairly slim. But, the media, CDC, and WHO have done one of the worst jobs getting a coherent message to the people. Fauci "Masks don't work." Fauci a day later "Masks are helpful." Fauci an hour later "Masks will help stop the spread." Fauci a while later "Well, it's better to be safe than sorry." I should trust his word on "safe"? He's a liberal shill if ever there was one.
This right here. Trust the science? I trust the science when it is good science, but I can't say I trust the message and I can't say I understand the deep science, only what I have been told.

I did get the vaccine, only because I travel internationally and I knew getting the vaccine was going to be mandatory by many countries. However, I do not think it is right that a bunch of bureaucrats tell a free people (talking US only right now) what they can or cannot put in their bodies, unless there is a really good reason. I don't think this situation warrants such power. That is the bigger issue over whether or not the vaccine is safe.

I am glad there are choices verses last year, but it should be a choice.

That's just crazy talk....or is it? ;) I knew people who had polio and were crippled for life back in the day ...my mother-in-laws brother died from it..That ol Dr. Salk had this crazy idea about a vaccine and Poof! No Mo Polio! what a concept ....

The crazy stories of diabolical plots I have heard in the last few months are truly impressive ..bull shit but impressive bet you didn't know that 45,000 people have died from the vaccine...That's because "THEY" don't want you to know...ya see the vaccine is really a trojan horse to cull the herd of a far too populated earth. Too many humans, it's unsustainable and in the next few years every single person that got the vaccine is going to start dying off of heart attacks. Yeah it is designed to mutate and change your genomes and your dna and other deep scientific stuff way beyond your pay grade and you're all going to be dead...uh oh...I let them jab me...YIKES!

It's a whack world indeed...wear a mask, stay safe and don't get da covid! And join the Jimmy Jones angels team and get vaccinated...you won't regret it...or at least not for very long :ROFLMAO:

Jeez I always wondered why men wore trousers and the girls wore skirts. So there is an increased danger if you stop to talk to a transexual or transvestite then?

Last edited:
Back