The Celebrity Obituary Thread

jeff-beck.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo!
ouch

the more of these guitar icons pass, the smaller the world becomes.

Take it easy Jeff..thanks for the tunes.

Last edited:
Damn! Just heard this on the way back from picking up my car at the dealer. And now the guy on TV says it was Bacterial Meningitis. Crap...

My Chicago cousin took me downtown to what he said was the biggest and best record store that would also sell any and all bootlegs they could get their hands on. We got an album: Clapton, Beck & Page. I don't think that was bootleg. That was 1976 when I flew to Chicago so's me and my cousin could hit Brewer's Stadium for the Pink FLoyd Dark Side of the Moon concert. IIRC, the album wasn't like they were a band or anything. Each track was more like each one doing his own thing w/o the others.

I always had a funny sort of relationship with Jeff Beck's music. On the one hand, I like "Hi ho silver lining" but I also really like his album "Wired." The New Musical Express encyclopedia of rock from 1977 kind of made me raise an eyebrow when they described his ardent supporters feeling it was a tragedy that he was "piddling away with jazz-rock, never mind that it's paid the rent handsomely."
They also described him as inconsistent and a law unto himself ~ which is precisely what I liked about him. He knew the path he wanted to take to grow, and wouldn't let the fans or record companies mould and squeeze him {too much}.

They also described him as inconsistent and a law unto himself ~ which is precisely what I liked about him. He knew the path he wanted to take to grow, and wouldn't let the fans or record companies mould and squeeze him {too much}.
I think they call those people "artists"! Of course a lot of them are starving, or working as a waiter, since they don't tend to conform to someone else's will. Luckily, Jeff was one of the fortunate ones who actually made a living doing what he loved.

We should all be so lucky.

Individuals

You can spend all your time making money
You can spend all your love making time
If it all fell to pieces tomorrow
Would you still be mine?
And when you're looking for your freedom (nobody seems to care)
And you can't find the door (can't find it anywhere)
When there's nothing to believe in
Still you're coming back
You're running back
You're coming back for more...
Put me on a highway
Show me a sign
Take it to the limit
One more time

Don Henley, Glenn Lewis Frey, Randy Meisner

Yeah, that's the one that (allegedly) ended Meisner's run with the Eagles. Although I understand it, it's high the outro, my bro says you give the crowd what they want. I guess I can see both points. And when you're hired help, I reckon you do what the master(s) say, or there's the door.

Anyway. Let's do this, though, for the record...

Take it to the Limit - Randy Meisner, Glen Frey, Don Henley

Back