The Celebrity Obituary Thread

james caan
I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did after getting shot that many times!

godfather2-465x267.jpg

Billy Joe Thomas
A preview for an Ed Sullivan Show just popped up on my TV. It was B.J. Thomas' first appearance at age 27-28.. he looks like he's maybe 18-20 years old. Crazy.

They show the old Ed Sullivan shows on MeTV on Sunday nights. There are some pretty cool groups. Lately they have been focusing on rock and roll/soul/folk groups. That means no Topo Gigio, plate spinners, or gymnastic dancers.

Recent shows had the Beach Boys, 5th Dimension, Mamas and Papas, Vanilla Fudge, Loving Spoonful, Doors, Rolling Stones and Jefferson Airplane. It's interesting to see who's still alive.

I like it when they string them all together into a composite show. Beats watching a "real" show and not knowing when the groups are on. I catch a number of artists on The Dick Cavett Show - the heavily edited reruns on Decades TV don't show their performances, if any, but they do provide interviews. Some of the artist's interviews are interesting, and some are no good at all - Jimi Hendrix, for example. His was like trying to squeeze water from a rock.

Last night, Dick showed his 1972 pre-concert interview with Mick Jagger. Jagger is already showing signs of aging, though his longer hair probably contributes to that.

Back