The Celebrity Obituary Thread

View attachment 111377
I love the comment by Joan Baez when she heard he'd died; she described him as "a prince among thieves !"
I remember back in the 70s, when I was getting into the Stones, my Uncle's girlfriend said that he reminded her of "Piltdown man" {Charlie, not my uncle}. When I discovered what piltdown man was, I had to laugh. I don't believe in humans evolving from apes, but if I did, he'd be good evidence of a missing link !
I always loved his drumming. I remember being knocked out by his drumming on "Let's spend the night together" and even more so on "We love you." And some of the best drumming from the 60s is him on the end of "Dandelion." Ironically, the greatest piece of drumming on a Rolling Stones song, in my opinion, is that found on "You can't always get what you want."
And it's not him !
Who did the drumming on "You Can't..." if it wasn't him ?

Who did the drumming on "You Can't..." if it wasn't him ?
An American producer called Jimmy Miller. He spent so much of his time strung out on heroin in the toilet, but he enabled them to record some of their greatest songs and he was no shitty drummer.

I only found this reported on one media website, so maybe he is forgotten?

Barry Ryan...(24 October 1948 – 28 September 2021)............. Barry Ryan had a hit song in the late 1960's written by his brother Paul a song writer.

He only had a couple of hits but this one was big everywhere but the US and Canada. One of those epic over the top produced songs.

Last edited:
Don Everly, of harmonizing rock ’n’ roll pioneers the Everly Brothers, dies at 84 - August 22, 2021. Missed this one.

There was a certain magic when those two guys sang together. Here's an example. Simply beautiful. I like the way Chet kind of friendly ribs Knopfler, kind of an I see what you did there when he says Knopfler stole the melody from Three Blind Mice. It's not Three Blind Mice, it is actually Franz Schubert. But Chester knows that.

How about a Celebrity NON-Obituary.....

The Louder Than Life festival was in town 2 weeks ago, and during Judas Priest's hour long set, guitarist Richie Faulkner said he was getting light headed and had pain in his chest. When they came off the stage, they took him downtown to the Rudd Heart and Lung center. It turns out that he had suffered a tear in his aorta and blood was leaking into his chest. He had a 10 hour heart surgery to repair the damage.

One doctor said that the odds of living through such an episode is very slim unless you get to the hospital very quickly.

Hopefully we won't see his obituary for many years.

Oh my, I don't mean to be disrespectful in the obituary thread, but that's the funniest exchange i've seen in ages, no pun intended. I can't stop laughing. I need a thread of those, sort of a one a day, for the :ROFLMAO: .

Last edited:
Whom he, a farkin biographer?

A girlfriend of a girl I was once....biographing...said of Richard Gere she wanted to "run my tongue across his teeth". Yeah, he's a handsome guy, but his teeth? I'm guessing that girl failed biology, or grammar, 'cause I don't think that's how to spell what she was thinking.

Wiki says he was born in '49.

Betty Lynn, who played Barney Fife's girlfriend Thelma Lou, on the Andy Griffith Show. Age 95. She died in Mount Airy, NC, which is where Andy Griffith was born.

Back