The Celebrity Obituary Thread

Growing up - Willy Mays, Sandy Koufax, Jackie Robinson, Don Drysdale were about the biggest names we looked for in our bubble gum packs. Others later. Still a few of those old-timers with us in their 90's [whew! . . 90's. . ].

My mate of many years is sitting in one of the UK's awards ceremonies - my show got a nomination, but neither me or the Director fancied going because with certainty, we wouldn't win) - and they got onto the friends we lost in the last year bit. A sequence on the screens of the people who have passed away, and suddenly, there is his face on the name of somebody else. They'd used his picture, yet he was sitting there in the room. Awkward! He spent ages on social media correcting all the "My God, Chris has died!" posts, saying no - I'm still alive!!!

My mate of many years is sitting in one of the UK's awards ceremonies - my show got a nomination, but neither me or the Director fancied going because with certainty, we wouldn't win) - and they got onto the friends we lost in the last year bit. A sequence on the screens of the people who have passed away, and suddenly, there is his face on the name of somebody else. They'd used his picture, yet he was sitting there in the room. Awkward! He spent ages on social media correcting all the "My God, Chris has died!" posts, saying no - I'm still alive!!!
WTF?

Back