Tape Head Cleaner

Broadcastone

TAPE HEAD CLEANER IS NOT THE SAME AS PINCH ROLLER CLEANER. IT DRIES OUT THE RUBBER. USE BREAK CLEANING FLUID WITH A COTTON CUE-TIP TO RESTORE RUBBER. 50 YEARS MAJOR MARKET ON AIR AM & FM TERRESTRIAL RADIO.

grimtraveller

If only for a moment.....
I used my 8 track cassette portastudio extensively from November 1992 through to December 2018. I cleaned the heads and pinch roller before every session and after each session was over and sometimes, if it was a very long session, in the midst of a session too. I used iso-propyl from early '93 {for the first couple of months I used almost raw alcohol} right to 2018 and although almost everywhere I ever read said don't use it on the pinch roller I always did. Before and after each session. I used it on my walkmans, my boom boxes and stereo cassette decks too ~ even longer than on my 8 track or 4 track, actually. And I never had a single problem with the pinch roller. It never dried out in goodness knows how many years and I only ever had to replace the one in the 8 track twice in 26 years and that was due to natural wearing out. I recorded tons of songs and had hundreds, if not thousands of sessions.
So while the advice above may be good advice, from my own personal experience, I simply cannot agree with it nor comply with it if I still used tape.

Easyrecs

Hello, Iso-propyl in its maximum purity you can get is great for cleaning.

I am selling a head demagnetizer maybe can be useful for someone who is still using tape machine players and recorders. You can see it if you click here.

Happy Recordings,

Easy