Take me to the River

Super cool! I love the tune and the mix. It's a very creative recording. You always go outside the box and I love that.
I wouldn't change a thing

beautiful song the drums especially the snare is a bit loud. Overall I find the song self-contained and good! I would make the verse even more varied even from the dynamics

Super cool! I love the tune and the mix. It's a very creative recording. You always go outside the box and I love that.
I wouldn't change a thing
Yeah that's crazy cool. I like it a lot!
beautiful song the drums especially the snare is a bit loud. Overall I find the song self-contained and good! I would make the verse even more varied even from the dynamics

Guys many thanks for the listen and comments. I made some tweaks

It's very likeable. I like the sound on your guitars. However, could be me, but the drums, aren't they a bit to bassy? I expected a break in the song at the end.

It's very likeable. I like the sound on your guitars. However, could be me, but the drums, aren't they a bit to bassy? I expected a break in the song at the end.
Hey thanks for the feedback. Yeah the drums are heavier than usual in the lower end. I thought I might get away with it given the sparse arrangement. You're right it could use a break at the end, it's just the way it turned out. I have no control over these things :D

Very good job! You sure made this one your own. I've always loved this song and once had a mounted large mouth bass on a plaque that would move and sing "Take me to the river" when you walked past it. Always made me laugh.. mark

Very good job! You sure made this one your own. I've always loved this song and once had a mounted large mouth bass on a plaque that would move and sing "Take me to the river" when you walked past it. Always made me laugh.. mark
Haha yes the classic mounted fish gag. Cheers mark

Back