subliminals

DaveX

I understand that Cool Edit Pro has the ability to create subliminal sorts of messages by utilizing the "brainwave synchronizer" function.... how is this done exactly? When I do it, they just come out like weird EQ crud... interesting, but not the desired effect. Also... besides what I am using it for (making crazed cacophony of noise), what does "music" do? Or, what is it supposed to do?

Well, the program describes the brainwave synchroniser as a way to get your brain resonating at certain frequencies (alpha, theta etc). Machine induced trance. That's one of the things meditation does, without the headphones.

As for subliminal messages, dunno. I suppose you could program the quiet parts on your CD with "buy a copy of CD and give it to someone... buy a copy of this CD and give it to someone..." :)

No, I don't have another app for doing that sort of thing... I'm just trying to explore CEP a bit more. I'm pretty heavy into using it... actually, I should say that I use CoolEdit 96 more than Pro, because I am just beginning to use Pro.

I've used Brainwave Sync pretty heavily, because you can make such neat things, but I also like to try to use it for what you are acutally supposed to use it for once in awhile. If I could make subliminal messages, I would.

Hey...question - are you just trying to get to know what CEP can do, or do you have some application for the brainwave thing?

Back