Subforums

dogooder

I would like to see a subforum, maybe here, where you just drop random thoughts or happenings, don't need a thread title, doesn't have to related to anything else.
Stuff like today, seven thirty am and still dark and I am wondering why? Then I remember, we never turned the clocks back? No need for a response
unless one feels like it. No need for a thread title etc. Just one forum with no threads but one.

my cat is looking at me wondering what the hell am I doing probably thinking, you put your paw in what!

Sometimes I'm a holder, I think, maybe. Maybe not, maybe I just ain't gotta, or maybe I just can't be bothered. Then again sometimes I'm quite sure, I gotta. I mean right now, or maybe even 5 or more minutes ago, I should or could have. But either way or in any case, when I do things move along quite quickly. In a matter of seconds the deed is done and I can move on with my day. Not that it is a conscious plan, perse, but it's worked out pretty good so far. I mean, I'm not going to tempt fate by suggesting it may not always, in the future. It'll be fine. Just be mindful before long trips, and such.

Random thought. I'll check back in later, probably soon. Right now I have some business to take care of, or should have 5 minutes or more ago. It'll be fine, soon. I mean right now.

Oop, there she went. Perfect. One less thing to worry about, not that I do. Weird, looks a bit like Abe Lincoln. Perfectly weird.

Think I'll go fix me a cup of coffee, sit on the porch and enjoy the mild Fall weather. All the colors of the trees, over a hot cup of coffee. Hazelnut. The coffee, not the tree. The tree is a hickory tree, 2 of them. One the leaves have turned yellow, the other red. Same trees, different colors. Odd, but a pretty contrast, over a hot cup of coffee, on the porch. Mild weather, short sleeves.

I'm back. Seems the temp may have dropped a tad. Think I'll get a jacket. I got one, a "work" jacket, from Walmart yesterday. Cheap, 35 bucks, don't mind it getting dirty. Looks like you're wearing a hoody jacket underneath, but your not. It's built-in. Kind of heavy material, durable, I hope. I kind of wish it had more pockets, but hey, 35 bucks. I have an Eddie Bauer jacket that has pockets pockets pockets. It has so many pockets you can put something in one of the pockets, feel it from the outside of the jacket, but can't tell which pocket it is in to retrieve it. It even has a pocket on the lower back, zipper on each side, lined with a water proof plastic type material. I reckon if you're duck hunting you could put a duck in there, or a fish. A fish, if you're fishing. It's old, a little frayed at the cuff, but I try to take care of it. It was my father in-law's. Deceased, never really recovered from hip replacement surgery before he just up and died. The wife, her dad. She's having knee replacement surgery next Friday. My wife. I hope everything goes alright, and I am a good care giver during recovery. By Spring hopefully we will be taking long bike rides. It'd be nice now with the leaves changing, bike rides. But that's alright, Spring. We'll get there, hopefully

Prime Time is a kind of a subforum.
Not sure what a sub/sub forum would do. Do you wish for your own special forum for dragonworks? Just a place to post ones own personal thoughts?

I suppose I get it. But that is more like a message board just to speak feelings. Isn't that what Prime Time forum is though? The politic threads seem to have ended here, so it seems quite peaceful now right?

Are you thinking of a forum that does not allow return replies? 'No need to respond'? I suppose I am not understanding what you are asking for.

Maybe a space where those of us who have dark thoughts and need to project our feelings to others as a help forum?

There are many suicide prevention/depression lines that people can post on or call when shiz gets out of hand.

Prime Time is a kind of a subforum.
Not sure what a sub/sub forum would do. Do you wish for your own special forum for dragonworks? Just a place to post ones own personal thoughts?

I suppose I get it. But that is more like a message board just to speak feelings. Isn't that what Prime Time forum is though? The politic threads seem to have ended here, so it seems quite peaceful now right?

Are you thinking of a forum that does not allow return replies? 'No need to respond'? I suppose I am not understanding what you are asking for.

Maybe a space where those of us who have dark thoughts and need to project our feelings to others as a help forum?

There are many suicide prevention/depression lines that people can post on or call when shiz gets out of hand.
I always thought of this place as kind of a diary, except they are not random thoughts or something that happened during the day
but usually about gear or whatever.
If I had access to my previous incarnation I could go back over 23 years of my life.
I don't keep a diary, I don't know many who do.
I would have to wade through tons of threads to view that 23 years.
In a subforum such as I proposed, one could just drop little tidbits, half the time no one would read them anyway.
No need for responses unless someone wants to, no responses expected.
People don't usually start a post without expecting some kind of response and they don't usually start
a thread for one random thought such as, it's a beautiful morning. Usually that kind of thread doesn't go far and
clogs up the forum it is in.
If there had been something like that from the beginning I could just search one subforum
and every and only mine would come up and I would basically have access to a chronological diary
of that span of time.
I also looked at it as an experiment in chaos theory.
I don't know if it would work that way, it was just a thought.
A random thought in search of it's own subforum.

Last edited:
Back