Still wearing a watch?

spantini

COO of me, inc.
I like watches. Something about them fascinates me, from the simplest design to the most elaborate and complicated. However, I have little to no interest in their purpose of informing me the time of day. I just like looking at them and appreciating their various qualities. If I had a million dollars I would begin amassing a large collection - just to look at.

For years I wore various watches. Then came cell phones. I haven't owned a watch since, and I don't really miss them as far as timepieces go. My phone is my timeteller now.

In 2010- I was arrested many times. They take your cel phone when you enter the court house. The watch on your wrist you are allowed when you enter court after your bonded as a ward.

Last edited:
I have never worn a watch, I don't own a phone and I have no clock in my vehicle. At this point in life I use the stars and the sun.
On an overcast night it gets difficult.

I wear a self winding analogue watch.
Easier than having to whip out your phone.
I break them periodically.
The last one was not luminous - a mistake.
This one is luminous, but the luminous hands are a similar length.
If I check it in bed, I have to check again in 10 mins, to work out which hand is which.

I still wear a watch. Just easier than pulling my phone out of my pocket. I have a bunch of them, but lately I’ve taken to buying ultra cheap ones on Chinese web sites. I recently bought two - total price WITH delivery, $11. 😳 It’s actually cheaper than replacing a battery or a strap.

I wore a watch when I was a younger man...Once I became a Tile setter...no mas....When I stepped away from that career and got into sales I got into em for several years. Going to China I was able to get some really nice Fakes with real swiss movements. Fake Breitlings with real GPS some good stuff...Pops loved his Bullova's So I quit wearing them about 11 years ago when I started my own company. Between the phone and the computer no real need..I have the fakes tucked away in the sock drawer..My old guitarist is OCD, he's crazy about watches, knives, cross bows and guns...he owns way too many

Then again does anybody really know what time it is?

This one will make your head hurt:

I like the line in ELPs 'Lend Your Love to me Tonight"
"a clock unwinds, a flower dies" although I gave up believing there is any such thing as time many changes ago.
The clock changes, the flower changes, there is no passage of "time".

One of my favorite intros of all change (I would say time but I am trying to avoid that.)
Time Is by It's a Beautiful Day
and that it is here today.

ITS IS CALLED TIME DILATION. IT OCCURS AFTER LEAVING A SYNCHRONIZED GROUP ! YOU CAN RESYNCH, REUNITE, BUT IT COSTS..

Screenshot 2022-02-11 063618.jpg
You can even steal other's time....no shit. It has something to do with occupation in the same area over time..and another just arriving..
So being there first is everything. Visa vi fashionably late sucks and you lose.

Last edited:
ITS IS CALLED TIME DILATION. IT OCCURS AFTER LEAVING A SYNCHRONIZED GROUP ! YOU CAN RESYNCH, REUNITE, BUT IT COSTS..

View attachment 122399
You can even steal other's time....no shit. It has something to do with occupation in the same area over time..and another just arriving..
So being there first vis everything. Fashionably late sucks and you lose.
Of course, they went through different changes. The ruler is not the item being measured.

Back