Spam 😳

Smithers XKR

Has anyone checked out the "New Profile Posts" section.

Full of ... have sex with lovely girls, get rich with crypto.... etc etc...

Are the mods asleep here, can we not delete this crap! ???

Sorry guys, just get rid of it.

PS - This Is Spinal Tap... on at 23:55 on BBC1 in UK 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Make sure to watch it in DOBLY!!

When you're logged in, you'll see a "Report" feature in the lower left of each post. Click that to report the spam - a box will open where you can type the word "spam" before sending the meassage.

a.jpg

Even a profile post linking back to a spammer's website boosts their search engine ranking. We have this problem with another forum that I moderate - we have to be proactive in checking out new profiles.

I've deleted a lot of spam posts. However, I only have time to examine those that are reported. So if it is not reported, I don't get to see it.
Sorry its not a big issue to me, I just noticed them on that particular page of New Profile Posts. Thanks

Reactions: TAE
Yeah it seems to be getting bad right now....I hardly ever find myself having to report but I had to report a few this last week clearly spam post..most are new users but there was one from an old user with very little post...assuming the old profile was abandoned and got hacked. We are a village and together if we all report as we seem we will see less..eventually. The mods are all volunteers and I've seen a lot less activity from several these last few months...it gets old beng a baby sitter with no pay.

Yeah it seems to be getting bad right now....I hardly ever find myself having to report but I had to report a few this last week clearly spam post..most are new users but there was one from an old user with very little post...assuming the old profile was abandoned and got hacked...
There were 2 or 3 I saw that had joined 2017-2020. Moles.

Something peculiar with this latest batch. The join dates for the "members" go as far back as 2004. To me, it seems as if a bot is hijacking dormant accounts - identity theft.

Last edited:
Something peculiar with this latest batch. The join dates for the "members" go as far back as 2004. To me, it seems as if a bot is hijacking dormant accounts - identity theft.
It appears to be something like that. I note that other than the recent spam posts, their earlier posts are innocuous.

It appears to be something like that. I note that other than the recent spam posts, their earlier posts are innocuous.
Sorry for opening a can of worms, it only seems to be on the new profile section. All other threads and posts seem to be fine.

Last edited:
I noticed one this morning, a fellow who had posted about a half dozen posts, starting with 10 years ago. Then suddenly one of those one line spam posts appears. Weird.

Hey Gecko, have you looked to see if the spam is coming from a bunch of different IP addresses, or just one. I know with Xenforo, mods have the ability to see IP address, but didn't know if it's just while a user is online, or if it's in their profile or in the message header info.

Back