So what do YOU want for Christmas?

mjbphotos

My wife always insists on a 'Santa list', so I'll write a few musical accessory items, etc down. She finally learned not to buy me unspecified instruments, because what she can afford is usually crappy. But she doens't like just giving me gift certificates to Sweetwater and Guitar Center, either, she wants something physical to put under the tree.

So I'd like to hear what some you guys would like to get for a Xmas present, in hopes it'll give me an idea or two.

I'm getting myself a new computer as an early Christmas present. Window shopping at present for a bargain.

The only other thing I'd really like is an Electric Drum Kit but I won't be affording one of them for a while yet. (I have one on loan from a friend though so.....) A new keyboard maybe. My old Yamaha PSR-520 has seen better days.

:thumbs up:

My wife already knows to get me a dunlop fuzz face - either the hendrix or bonamassa signature models though, they just put a little better sound to the amp IMO. My big muff works fine but it might be starting to crap out.

Something on my hypothetical list is a UA 4-710, that will happen when it's already outdated though...can't scrounge that kinda dough on a student's salary at the moment.

Mapex Black Panther 5 piece w/stands
Some kind of china, an 8 or 10 inch splash, and a 17 or 18 inch thin crash
A new PT HD System with 16 I/O
Two API 3124+
A royer ribbon Mic
A Neve channel strip
A millenia channel strip
A Neumann U87
A stereo matched pair of beyerdynamic SDCs
A pair of EV etx 35p powered PA speakers
A Hammond SK1-73
Moog Sub Phatty
Les Paul Standard
EV Re20

I've been directing mine towards software... easier to get and it's all the same...

Got Omnisphere for birthday recently. Cue spooky mood noises in next tune... :)

What do those things go for, Chili? I was in my music shop on Sunday and noticed that a bass fiddle costs $2400 before tax. Ouch.

Intermediate trumpets are in the $1500 to $2000 range. That is difficult to accept, but it should carry him through college. I don't spend that much on my guitars. If he wants to go pro after, he can buy his own. He's been playing on a $100 trumpet since 6th grade and it is probably holding him back. I'm looking at eBay and Craigslist. Still in the $1000+ range. :(

The violin is easy at about $300 for a decent 2/4 scale.

Not to have the flu or gastro-enteritis, like the last few years. I already got a couple of nice gee-tars and a few cool plugins this year, so I can't really think of anything other than my health.

A nice ganja stash wouldn't go amiss, either.

Intermediate trumpets are in the $1500 to $2000 range. That is difficult to accept, but it should carry him through college. I don't spend that much on my guitars. If he wants to go pro after, he can buy his own. He's been playing on a $100 trumpet since 6th grade and it is probably holding him back. I'm looking at eBay and Craigslist. Still in the $1000+ range. :(

The violin is easy at about $300 for a decent 2/4 scale.

I hear 1/2 scale violins are every bit as cheap as 2/4 scale violins... :thumbs up::laughings:

Had a trumpet once... what was I thinking?

---------- Update ----------

A nice ganja stash wouldn't go amiss, either.

Damn hippies! :D

I hear 1/2 scale violins are every bit as cheap as 2/4 scale violins... :thumbs up::laughings:

Had a trumpet once... what was I thinking?

---------- Update ----------

Damn hippies! :D

LOL Armistice, you wag!

I don't want a lot. A Rode NT1A recording pack would be nice. :)

Yeah, stupid violin weenies call it 2/4. I don't make the rules and abide by them only half the time. Or as a violin weenie would 2/4 the time.

For the record, my daughter is not a violin weenie. She's cool.

I'm less than a year married so my wife isn't brave enough to try and second guess my long-developed gear lust. She really wants to buy me something for Christmas, and I could really use another SM57. Should I fuck with her and tell her some mic that doesn't exist? If she was a slacker, I totally would. But she's relentless, and she'd scour the Earth for a Shure AA-427 until she went broke or died trying to find such a thing.

Back