So I see that......

.....the reception of sharing 35 years of audio production experience in the "help" forums has not changed much here since me last visit.....

Think I will stick with churning up shit in here. :-)

TAE

All you have is now
.....the reception of sharing 35 years of audio production experience in the "help" forums has not changed much here since me last visit.....

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished...... Sadly it falls under the opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink category. But hey a guy can try. Here's my thoughts and advice. Take and use what you want, disregard the rest. It's your masterpiece to make..

mjbphotos

What?!?

Wa wa
So others don't want to respect your opinions based on gear from 17 years ago. You stated: "You WILL get a skewed sound out of your D/A converter (unless you have something at least as good as say an Apogee Rosetta or equivalent) when output audio above -6dbfs," but as of yet have not shown anything that shows this statement as any truth in it today.

Reactions: TAE

TAE

All you have is now
Wa wa
So others don't want to respect your opinions based on gear from 17 years ago. You stated: "You WILL get a skewed sound out of your D/A converter (unless you have something at least as good as say an Apogee Rosetta or equivalent) when output audio above -6dbfs," but as of yet have not shown anything that shows this statement as any truth in it today.
Easy now.... The proof is in the pudding ...if you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!

Subjectively speaking of things good, bad or somewhere in the middle is exactly that. Subjective...going back to the ol OALA EHO ATAS.

I watched a good U Tube this morning about Karen Carpenter and perfect pitch In it the narrator points out that the linear lines we place as "perfect" are not really perfect in of them selves thus holding them as the holy grail of perfect is perfectly imperfect...further more ...never mind :eek: :laughings:I'll just post the video....she sure was an amazing song bird.

FWIW these days the amazing very inexpensive AD/DA options out there abound...Zoom, Behringer, Focusrite to name a few... UAD even have some really good value options now... As soon as I earn it ( by getting some goals accomplished first ) I'm buying the Zoom livetrak 8 just for shit's n giggles and ease of use..I have a small Behringer mixer that has awesome AD/DA stereo usb outs. A Yamaha MODX with 4 discrete USB audio outs and the Behringer XR18 with 16 USB digital outs...they are all clean as a whistle and good enough for the silly ass girls I dance with.

Last edited: