Say No To Smoke Detectors

Nah - read those. Then I read this definition for satire "the use of humour, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues." The American definition is slightly different from the UK one which is "Satire, artistic form, chiefly literary and dramatic, in which human or individual vices, follies, abuses, or shortcomings are held up to censure by means of ridicule, derision, burlesque, irony, parody, caricature, or other methods, sometimes with an intent to inspire social reform."

I suppose it's the humour that got me - as in it wasn't funny? British satire can have humour (and much does) but loads of other styles of content.

I think. Maybe.

I suppose it's the humour that got me - as in it wasn't funny? British satire can have humour (and much does) but loads of other styles of content.
Since you're calling it humour instead of humor I'm going to assume you're from the UK. It could be a translation thing. But as I mentioned before, comedy is subjective. Monty Python, right? Some people love them and some people don't get it.

"British" was a clue. The funniest thing us Brits find about US Python lovers is when we watch the youtube videos of US folk watching it. They laugh at different aspects of the same thing - it's kind of strange? Ever funnier is the US pronunciation of python - as in pie-thon, whereas we say piethun.

We have Friends on British TV every morning - and lots of us really love it. I've not watched one, same with a couple of others - some find them funny, some just sit there unmoved. Humour/humor is very unpredictable.

Ever funnier is the US pronunciation of python - as in pie-thon, whereas we say piethun.
I had no idea about this! Thanks for sharing that. I learned something new today! :)

There definitely is a difference in humor across the pond. But MP is frickin' funny as hell, IMO. (Most of the time, anyway.)

The vaccine injuries aren't funny to those of us that have experienced one -- like me.

Even if a lot of the reported C19-vax deaths are fake -- the remainder sends a clear warning signal -- a signal that Joe ignores because he's on the big-pharma payroll. Why else would Joe mandate a vaccine with a risk profile like this? The vax is losing its effectiveness to new variants -- but Joe mandates it anyway. This is insane, unless somebody is getting paid off. Is there a better explanation? Class action lawsuits coming to a courtroom near you.

image10-1024x727.png
More fake news. 🙄

How about some actual CDC information;

”Reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. More than 390 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through September 27, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 8,164 reports of death (0.0021%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause. Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem. A review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records, has not established a causal link to COVID-19 vaccines.

I'm starting to think this whole "pandemic" is just to divert us from seeing what's really going on with Big SD. Which this thread is about.

"British" was a clue. The funniest thing us Brits find about US Python lovers is when we watch the youtube videos of US folk watching it. They laugh at different aspects of the same thing - it's kind of strange? Ever funnier is the US pronunciation of python - as in pie-thon, whereas we say piethun.

We have Friends on British TV every morning - and lots of us really love it. I've not watched one, same with a couple of others - some find them funny, some just sit there unmoved. Humour/humor is very unpredictable.
Being a Simon Pegg fan I have "Hot Fuzz" on DVD and while I would not consider the humor "British" in entirety, I do find it extremely amusing to watch the way US television has "Edited" it for our commercial plagued box. You wouldn't recognize it as the editor(s) have cut every thing that makes it a brilliant send up of buddy cop films into a.... buddy cop film. Without any humor. I waffle back and forth thinking that either the editors did not get the humor at all, or they did and deliberately cut it to see if anyone would cry foul play.

Say no to straw man analogies like the one for Smoke Detectors. Don't waste your time 😉 😉 😉

Some Examples…​

Those who commit this fallacy can largely be placed in one of two groups: (1) those who commit the fallacy because they intentionally desire to misconstrue their opponent’s viewpoint for an easy takedown or (2) those who commit the fallacy out of ignorance because they don’t know their opponent’s position, and, therefore, they choose instead to interact with a weaker version of the case being made.

Lot's of #2 around here. :poop::poop::poop: :LOL: :laughings:

Everyone understands your position: You think you know better than the overwhelming global consensus of doctors and scientists.

You use false data.

You are a hardcore Republican who views the pandemic as a partisan issue.

Band name potential?....The Smoke Detectors......The Smoke Detectives?.....The Smoke Reflectors?.....Reflective Detective?....The The(I think that one is/was already taken?)

Many moons ago I once saw a band in the middle of a field in the middle of nowhere, don't know where, why, or how I got there....might have been a dream for all I know-->The Blue Sparks From Hell<--. "We're The Blue Sparks From Hell, and we don't give a fuck!" They didn't, and weren't half bad. Was that any of you gents?

Sunday morning ramblings.

edit: Just checked, Reflective Detective(s)is already taken. Sorry.

Last edited:
Skip to 5:08(or watch the whole thing?)...."Just so you guys know, I took Eddie off guitar, and he's going to be on smoke the detector on this one. I know it's a bit weird but it's really important this band has a smoke detector in it."

Say no? I don't know, this whole smoke detector thing might have potential.

Back