Salary Negotiating

Dumby

Bummed Spammer
I'm entering negotiations later today for a management position I've accepted. Any tips and advice is appreciated. I have a number based in my head, I know that I want dental and pension. I guess what I'm looking for is an angle or strategy/approach plan. Help me out please any of you who have any advice. Thanks again, greatly appreciated.

The Dumbster is moving on up...to the east side.

I'm entering negotiations later today for a management position I've accepted. Any tips and advice is appreciated. I have a number based in my head, I know that I want dental and pension. I guess what I'm looking for is an angle or strategy/approach plan. Help me out please any of you who have any advice. Thanks again, greatly appreciated.

The Dumbster is moving on up...to the east side.

Make sure you ask for more than you realistically will get within reason. Aim high! You may not get everything you asked for but you may just end up getting more than you expected. :)

How can you accept the promotion without knowing what they are going to offer in compensation first?

I can understand the excitement of being offered a "better" position but you also have to cover your ass.

Does the company have a normal track record of giving salary reviews and/or raises to keep pace with inflation?

When it comes to asking for more money, I'd want to be equipped with information about what others are making in the same line of work and also base my demands on how fit I am for the position in question and I wouldn't want just a couple of hours beforehand to figure all this out! Maybe you don't deserve a raise...just based on this "last minute" request of yours?

Good luck.

Cheers! :)

The last guy quit and he told me how much he was making. I obviously won't accept any less than he was making and if I'm asked to pitch first I'm going to start $2500 higher than he was making. (They don't know I know that of course)
I'm basing that of the fact that I know he was working a little over 50hrs a week instead of 40, which is fine with me as long as I make a little more. I'm leaving right now I'll let you guys know how it went when I get back, I'm working my last hourly shift today.

Dear Ghost, I have been doing my research, this has been building for about 3 weeks, I just came in here to rant and to seek expert opinion as usual...I DO DESERVE A PROMOTION, I'VE EARENED IT BY WORKING HARD AND THAT'S THE WAY IT IS, IF YOU DON"T LIKE IT YOU"LL HAVE TO STEP INTO MY OFFICE!

Dear Ghost, I have been doing my research, this has been building for about 3 weeks, I just came in here to rant and to seek expert opinion as usual...I DO DESERVE A PROMOTION, I'VE EARENED IT BY WORKING HARD AND THAT'S THE WAY IT IS, IF YOU DON"T LIKE IT YOU"LL HAVE TO STEP INTO MY OFFICE!

Yeah, don't sweat it! :rolleyes:

I just like busting balls some days. Don't take it personally! :p:D

So, how did it go? :confused:

Cheers! :)

Went great!...I have a monster headache but I will recover. I am looking forward losing my hair or going grey. All and all my first day was good, as long as my employees don't mess up my day usually goes well.

Went great!...I have a monster headache but I will recover. I am looking forward losing my hair or going grey. All and all my first day was good, as long as my employees don't mess up my day usually goes well.

Oh ya! The negotiating part was much easier than I thought, dental and pension is standard for everyone in management so there was nothing to negotiate in that regard, we just played catch a couple times for salary, rather basic and unfreightening.

Oh ya! The negotiating part was much easier than I thought, dental and pension is standard for everyone in management so there was nothing to negotiate in that regard, we just played catch a couple times for salary, rather basic and unfreightening.

Can I have half your raise for helping? :D

Did you get what you were after?

Back