Sad Times

jonny deep

Disappointing Member
My big brother committed suicide at the weekend. He would have been 40 in September; he left a 7-year-old son with his widow.

I didn't even know he was ill. I suffer from depression and have been close, but he planned this meticulously.

Been a tough week so far for my family. Funeral should be in a week or two.

Lots of love to you all, please keep safe.

My condolences. I had a brother who more or less committed suicide, it's hard to explain some things.

Dude, that is hard stuff. 40, man that is young and so much to do. I hope his son makes it through, gonna be a hard road for the little one.

Don't know what to say except that I'm very sorry for your loss.

If you're ever to the point where you're close again, remember the pain he's left his family with.

Many is the time that what's kept me alive is knowing that people depended on me, and knowing that there would be no one to take over their care for me, and I wouldn't leave them in that situation. Pissed me off quite often that I don't have that luxury, but like I said, I guess it's kept me alive.

Hang in there, man. If you want to pm me, feel free.

One foot in front of the other, one foot in front of the other.

Thanks guys. We're doing surprisingly well, all considered. I cried a lot yesterday.

Don't know what to say except that I'm very sorry for your loss.

If you're ever to the point where you're close again, remember the pain he's left his family with.

Many is the time that what's kept me alive is knowing that people depended on me, and knowing that there would be no one to take over their care for me, and I wouldn't leave them in that situation. Pissed me off quite often that I don't have that luxury, but like I said, I guess it's kept me alive.

Hang in there, man. If you want to pm me, feel free.

One foot in front of the other, one foot in front of the other.

Thanks man, I'm fine now. I stopped drinking, which took away most of my troubles. I have dependants now and couldn't do that to them - no insurance payout for suicide. I'm outwardly miserable, but happy inside, which is the way to be.

Oh man, I'm really sorry to hear about your brother.

I used to think people who committed suicide were just weak, but the more I learn about depression, the more I know that is wrong. It's not something I would wish on anyone. I think it takes a very tough person to push through those mental battles and live every day. I'm glad to see you are coping.

Best wishes.

Oh man, I'm really sorry to hear about your brother.

I used to think people who committed suicide were just weak, but the more I learn about depression, the more I know that is wrong. It's not something I would wish on anyone. I think it takes a very tough person to push through those mental battles and live every day. I'm glad to see you are coping.

Best wishes.

Yes it does. Like the Indigo Girls song says, 'darkness has a hunger that's insatiable, and lightness has a call that's hard to hear'.

Yes it does. Like the Indigo Girls song says, 'darkness has a hunger that's insatiable, and lightness has a call that's hard to hear'.

I was once in Mammoth Cave in a very large room, then the guy turned out the lights. He waited a few minutes, for the eyes to try and settle. It was so dark. Then he struck a small match and the room was fully lit. Darkness cannot overcome light, but light can overcome darkness.

We should always try and be a light.

5177087035_6e7f08079c_o.jpg

Help people through their dark and stormy times.

Very, very sorry to hear this. It's shocking when you don't know. I have had both a friend who showed no signs take his life and another who always confides in me about how desperate and cold she feels. I always try to help, but I never know if I am doing enough. Strength and courage to you and your family to help each other through this. That little man is going to have a very tough time.

Aw dood I am so sorry. Nothing prepares you for things like this.

I lost a really good long time friend that way. Never saw it coming...

The worst part about a suicide is what/who they leave behind and their now troubles in dealing with such. Fuck... This shit sucks.

If a donation fund is setup for his family let me know. I got a few bucks for the kid.

Fuck...

Sorry for your loss.

You don't always know what is in someone's heart or mind, even when they are close to you, and it's hard to stop them when they are determined and too lost to help themselves out of it.

That's crap! Keep your chin up.

I've dealt with my fair share of suicides over the years and it's not a something to ever really understand. Just got to battle on.

Sad times indeed...

Very sorry to hear Jonny...Hang tough dude, try and be there as much as you can for the wife and son he left behind...heart breaking stuff man.

I'm sorry about your brother. I couldn't imagine my own doing that. Had a loved one myself pass away the past weekend. Like others, I can talk with you through PM, if you want. Some great members have talked to me when I have had loved ones pass away. Even though I don't even know your names, it meant a lot to me.

Back