Putin's Ukraine Mistake

The one thing that DOES concern me about Trump is his former suggestion to disband NATO during his term. I do hope he has changed his view on that because I see it an important alliance and deterrent to Russia. Whatever is done is done, but there are border countries and former USSR that NATO gives assurances to and Putin wouldn’t be fool enough to invade a NATO member as that would entail ground and direct air forces and wouldn’t end well for him. He’s smart enough to know that but he is a little crazy and nostalgically adamant about reuniting the former Soviet empire.

The one thing that DOES concern me about Trump is his former suggestion to disband NATO during his term. I do hope he has changed his view on that because I see it an important alliance and deterrent to Russia. Whatever is done is done, but there are border countries and former USSR that NATO gives assurances to and Putin wouldn’t be fool enough to invade a NATO member as that would entail ground and direct air forces and wouldn’t end well for him. He’s smart enough to know that but he is a little crazy and nostalgically adamant about reuniting the former Soviet empire.
He is not smart and leopards don't change their spots.

And which particular US President did absolutely NOTHING about Putin taking over Crimea?
Here's a hint, his initials are BHO.
Oh wait, he did send them blankets, and then subsequently expressed "sympathy" for Russia.

Obama dropped the ball. We should have put our foot down in 2014,

The latest NATO summaries are suggesting increased defense aid to Ukraine. If it works, then great, but I don’t think Putin will surrender. I think there is too much internal pressure on him that failure is not an option so I see this waging on. Russia has a large military that they are only utilizing a portion of with no threats on other borders that would otherwise justify not transferring some of those resources to Ukraine for a second major offensive. I could be wrong but that’s what I would do at this point if this was Axis and Allies, and I may move them first along the borders of Estonia and Latvia (inside Russia but at the borders) for a month as a decoy and NATO resource draw then march them south for the second major offensive. Given the time of year, now would be the time to do it. Belarus I think is pro-Russian IIRC. If the gave through access to the troops and ground equipment Russia would have direct access to the north center and NW of Ukraine. Either way I’ll bet he has something brewing.

Last edited:
The latest NATO summaries are suggesting increased defense aid to Ukraine. If it works, then great, but I don’t think Putin will surrender.
We can defeat Putin by getting back to producing more oil (here in the US) and exporting it to Europe at much cheaper prices than Putin is offering them.
He can't keep up the fight if he doesn't have any money to fund his effort. Reagan bankrupted the former USSR back in the 80's. We can do it again with Russia.
Drill, baby, drill... because it will drain Putin's war funds. Biden won't do it because the left won't let him open up the spigots. Trump will drill like a mo-fo, forcing Putin to come to the table and make concessions. If he doesn't, we drill and export even more oil and flush his economy down the toilet. Same goes for Iran and their bullshit. We can bankrupt them, too.

And I really do hope I’m wrong about Putin and the Ukraine war. Maybe this latest NATO commitment (four other countries are also sending military goodies) will turn the tide. I was looking at maps and didn’t realize how much territory Ukraine has regained in the north.

SAVE Act is being discussed on Capitol Hill, election oversight committee. I don’t understand the opposition from the left. It requires proof of US citizenship to vote, not self-verification.

We can defeat Putin by getting back to producing more oil (here in the US) and exporting it to Europe at much cheaper prices than Putin is offering them.
He can't keep up the fight if he doesn't have any money to fund his effort. Reagan bankrupted the former USSR back in the 80's. We can do it again with Russia.
Drill, baby, drill... because it will drain Putin's war funds. Biden won't do it because the left won't let him open up the spigots. Trump will drill like a mo-fo, forcing Putin to come to the table and make concessions. If he doesn't, we drill and export even more oil and flush his economy down the toilet. Same goes for Iran and their bullshit. We can bankrupt them, too.
Erm... The USA is currently producing more domestic oil than ever before. More than Trump, or anyone else. So I do not know WTF you are talking about.

Erm... The USA is currently producing more domestic oil than ever before. More than Trump, or anyone else. So I do not know WTF you are talking about.

It's true that Biden has quietly allowed more oil production. But only because he drained the f*ck out of our oil reserves (selling a HUGE portion to China) and now we have to play catch-up because we got so dangerously low due to his poor decision making. That, and it's an election year. High gas prices lessen his chances at the polls. Biden doesn't do what's right for the people. He does things to help himself.

Back