PSA: Do NOT try this at home!

60's guy

I read this article about a guy in my hometown who died possibly in a fireworks accident.

I spoke with my sister, who still lives there, for further info. My nephew knew the guy who died. Family members told my nephew what happened.

The guy taped a 3" mortar to a ceramic floor tile, placed it on top of his head, and lit the fuse. It exploded. He screamed and later died. Recoil from the mortar shattered the ceramic tile driving shards of broken tile through the top of his skull and into his brain.

Man, that's horrible. Broken ceramic tile is really, sharp.

Not saying that's not what happened, but the authorities are saying unclear exactly what happened. Neighbors say a peaceful neighborhood other than that particular house, where an unknown number of individuals live. Unknown from whence he came, moved there living with those unknown numbers.

I don't know, people do dumb things without thinking them through, but story seems almost too bizarre to take at face value. Hopefully the poor guy gets a fair shake of an investigation.

I have various news channels playing in the background while I work at home…Reuters, Scripps, AP, Fox, CNN headlines, ABC and switch around. I’m still waiting for one of them (not AP or Reuters) to announce, “And in other news, a Florida man was killed after igniting a mortar style firework from the top of his head. Police are still investigating.”

Sucks when people die but he had that one coming. Out of respect I won’t 🤣😂😅🤣

I assume every state sells mortars nowadays but if I’m wrong and your state doesn’t, these things are professional level like you see fired from tops of buildings and boats by professionals during holidays. Gorgeous but I’d always use a one lighting stick even when setting them on the ground. Serious power.

:pAt last. . . something to do. Just had a guy here in Florida (Plant City) walk into a Publix grocery store, douse himself with accelerant and light up. I was thinking about doing that, but I can't take the heat. . I have sensitive skin. Then I heard about this guy with the mortar bomb on his head and thought I'd give that a try. Thought it might help with my sinus congestion. :drunk:

:pAt last. . . something to do. Just had a guy here in Florida (Plant City) walk into a Publix grocery store, douse himself with accelerant and light up. I was thinking about doing that, but I can't take the heat. . I have sensitive skin. Then I heard about this guy with the mortar bomb on his head and thought I'd give that a try. Thought it might help with my sinus congestion. :drunk:
I’m in Jupiter now up from Broward. I’m stalking you 😁

Aw man, if thread is to be believed the guy did something very unwise, and died. Horrifically tragic. Sure, make fun of the guy, but who here hasn't done something stupid, light a bottle rocket up your ass. Amirite.

Back