Prime Time is now the New Feedback Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treeline

Since the original feedback forum is shut down to all except "approved" threads, it serves no purpose whatever. I hereby declare Prime Time as the New Feedback Forum.

I hereby eclair this thread sweet n tasty.

Eclair.gif

Hey, I know. One good way to overcome all the dissatisfaction with the site is to pretend the whole thing never existed in the first place. Then after a month or so, start a "Member Input!" forum and move anything positive from the feedback forum into it. Disappear the rest of the feedback forum entirely. Then do a big announcement opening up some kind of feel good krazy kitty kontest for the noobs. It's like Disney only the tickets are way cheaper.

what happened?

hey is there anyone left in the cave? seems like half them moved to A&A

I've started two of them, and as I recall I was even willing to be reasonable in their discussions. So far, I've gotten a message (which appears after the thread is submitted) to the effect that "Gee thanks, and once a mod reviews this new thread to determine whatever we think we'll determine at the time we read it, if we do read it at all, then maybe we'll let it on our website. Until then you're a powerless, invisible voice in the wilderness arguing face first in the mud about stuff about which we expect you know nothing."

OK, well they didn't use as many words. And I just made up all that stuff about face first in the mud. But they do use the word "invisible." At least I think they did. I can't see well when I'm invisible, so I'm not really sure. :D

We're not ignoring the submitted threads; there's a glitch and only one person is getting them (none of the mods are as far as I know). They're adding our emails so we get notified as well.

EDIT: I assume at least one person is getting them (maybe an admin/techie in France?) since some threads have certainly shown up; I just know none of the mods are/were getting them.

Some did before that--so someone, somewhere was getting the notices. That's all I'm saying.

We've let them know that were not getting them, and they're adding our emails.

Some did before that--so someone, somewhere was getting the notices. That's all I'm saying.
C'mon, man. Before they put up the screen all threads posted. Since they put up the screen no threads have posted. Whether "they" are getting notified or not is really beyond the point, innit? Someone, somewhere thought censoring feedback - squashing criticism - was a bright idea. They either fucked up the implementation or they still think it's a bright idea. Neither option is all that palatable do you think?

lou

First--maybe it's just a matter of semantics to some, but the idea isn't to censor feedback. They welcome legitimate feedback. The idea is to prevent the feedback forum from becoming a cave-like bitch-fest. Like I said, maybe that's semantics, and to some, they are one in the same. But there was a clear propensity toward bashing and complaining. That was seen by some as unproductive.

Second--as far as moderating the threads goes, I'm simply telling you what I know. If you have reason to believe that I'm a shill and/or a liar, then unfortunately, you're going to dismiss what I say anyway.

All I can do is say it again: even the admins were surprised to learn that we weren't getting the emails. A prompt fix has been requested.

so who decides whats a "cave like bitch fest"?

that is censoring feedback! lol

Ive seen loads of threads with valid complaints be shut down or moved, even when written politely...now they even ban people from the ability to feedback

you aint nothing but the man, working for the man...man ;)

First--maybe it's just a matter of semantics to some, but the idea isn't to censor feedback. They welcome legitimate feedback. The idea is to prevent the feedback forum from becoming a cave-like bitch-fest. Like I said, maybe that's semantics, and to some, they are one in the same. But there was a clear propensity toward bashing and complaining. That was seen by some as unproductive.
Semantics, huh? I would think bitch-fest posts should be easy to differentiate and eliminate. That is a legitimate moderator function but I wonder how bitch-fest would be defined.

WhiteStrat said:
Second--as far as moderating the threads goes, I'm simply telling you what I know. If you have reason to believe that I'm a shill and/or a liar, then unfortunately, you're going to dismiss what I say anyway.
There is no reason to go there. I never said any such thing. If you are feeling pressure it's understandable but don't turn accusatory to me. I have never questioned your integrity. If I see fit to it will not be something you have to guess at.

WhiteStrat said:
All I can do is say it again: even the admins were surprised to learn that we weren't getting the emails. A prompt fix has been requested.
That looks like Admin is either incompetent or lying. Is there another possibility? Maybe they just don't give a shit? Ulterior motives? Were mods informed that Feedback was going to be screened and that they would be responsible? When was the fix requested?

Listen I'm sure you're not having fun with all this but there are people trying to reach out through the madness, alternatives and ideas being proposed and while at least you are making some attempt at communication what have you said? Nothing that explains what the fuck is going on. Nothing that says the membership is being listened to. Nothing that indicates either competence or caring from Admin. Nothing that has gone anywhere toward calming the waters or giving us something to look forward to. Don't be surprised that some of us are irritated. It's because we care.

lou

Admin has every right to accept feedback or not. Freedom of speech does not apply here. However if you are going to allow a Feedback forum you cannot screen the questions - it's all or nothing. If someone posts a bitchy complaint it is a simple task to say, "That's the way it is, tough shit if you don't like it." That is a legitimate admin response that can garner nothing but respect. It's honest.

It's also politically incorrect these days and requires balls - or courage if you prefer. Is that sort of thing what we are lacking?

lou

Maybe the issue becomes whether it's wise to broadcast the appearance of a willingness to consider feedback and criticism when the only apparent tool to do that is shut down. If the Admin can't operate a premoderated thread section without screwing it up, perhaps they should simply close it down. After all, they are the ones who are attempting to restrict user feedback. They should just shut it down and be honest about it.

WS, this whole thing has kinda locked you in a burning outhouse. It's not at all fair to you and we recognize that. My irritation isn't directed at you personally, but as you're the only mod who seems willing to walk into the spotlights, you're getting the flak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back