Prime Time is now the New Feedback Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
WS didn't go anywhere--except into the studio for a session with a vocalist. Trust me--our dialogue will continue as soon as I come up for air.

Okay. I just figured I pissed you off so much you were just gonna stonewall me. Enjoy your studio time. It's still one of the nicest ones I've seen posted up by members here.

lou

Just to clarify a point - I did not say you hate this board. I know it's easier to make shit up than to actually pay attention and have an honest discussion but it really casts you in a poor light.

lou

Lou this isnt the cave...take your attitude elsewhere

This interests me. Being a comparative newcomer, I'm not well versed in the history. Was there a time when mods weren't from the members. And if so, how did that work?

That's Greg - don't waste your time.

Once upon a time Dragon was involved and ran the joint alone. As he lost interest Slackmaster took over day-to-day mod functions. Slack was a very active full-time member. He gave a shit and did a good job. He did not however have "Supermod" powers, he still had to request major fixes from Dragon. The first big exodus from HR was Slack (with Emeric) leaving and starting The Recording Project site for many reasons but primarily the difficulty in getting Dragon to respond to issues. All this occurred in 2003.

Saying that assigning mods from the membership is a bad idea is one of the dumbest things I've seen posted. Chater didn't come from the membership and look how that has worked out. A case may be made that the wrong members were chosen to be mods but I don't see it being made here.

lou

I think the years between 2003 & 2007 there was little intervention by Dragon and I guess, no Mods. At least none that I ever saw and I was a shit disturber back then too. It seems to me that HR flourished heavily during this period too. Why is that?

I agree with what teh gerg says in the sense that Audiofailzine blew it by asking for volunteers for the mod roles. Then filling the slots with the first slew of bozos that responded. They should have done some homework first. And they probably should have watched and learned how the place operated first, then maybe identified a couple of good candidates and ask them. Then give them the ability to do some limited house keeping functions. But never to police the joint.

This interests me. Being a comparative newcomer, I'm not well versed in the history. Was there a time when mods weren't from the members. And if so, how did that work?

In my time here, it worked great. Dragon was basically the only admin/mod, he logged in about once every three years, and even then did next to nothing until the great A&A divide of late 2007. Then he vanished again and things were fine until the french took over and made the wrong people mods. Thanks for asking.

Saying that assigning mods from the membership is a bad idea is one of the dumbest things I've seen posted.

That's because you want to be a mod. Look how it's working out with former mebers as mods. It sucks. They've gone power crazy. You're a suckass for not seeing it.

I agree with what teh gerg says in the sense that Audiofailzine blew it by asking for volunteers for the mod roles. Then filling the slots with the first slew of bozos that responded. They should have done some homework first. And they probably should have watched and learned how the place operated first, then maybe identified a couple of good candidates and ask them. Then give them the ability to do some limited house keeping functions. But never to police the joint.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pay attention, Lou.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pay attention, Lou.
I am paying attention. Are you? What about this part - you agree with this.

They should have done some homework first. ...then maybe identified a couple of good candidates and ask them.
That would be members as mods. I thought you didn't like that.

If not members then who? Someone who has no idea who the people are or what the place is all about? More likely you will say no one at all - we don't need mods. I would disagree.

lou

I am paying attention. Are you? What about this part - you agree with this.

That would be members as mods. I thought you didn't like that.

If not members then who? Someone who has no idea who the people are or what the place is all about? More likely you will say no one at all - we don't need mods. I would disagree.

lou

If you just have to have members turned into mods, be more careful with whom you pick. The powers-that-be clearly picked the wrong people.

I'd rather have no mods. It worked for years and years.

Having random french people that have no idea who we are what this site about would be no worse than what's happening now.

You're just a drama queen. You'll take any side as long as there's a debate. :rolleyes:

Lol. Then why debate it? My point is made.
I said much, not all. We probably don't agree on all the fine points but this is hardly a debate. Your point has changed over the course of your posts in this thread. We can continue to discuss it or not at your option.

lou

I said much, not all. We probably don't agree on all the fine points but this is hardly a debate. Your point has changed over the course of your posts in this thread. We can continue to discuss it or not at your option.

lou

Lol @ Louie still fishing for a internet debate.

Thread closed due to repeated excessive ego masturbation resulting in uncontrolled spurts of circular degradation syndrome.

Huh? Them's fukn big words. How's STFU workin for ya?
:drunk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back