Post your latest purchase!

Christ, I'm slow this morning....

Yes, like a butterfly...and my snare stings like a bee. I got it now. :D

Glad it helps! You can thank Steeno for reporting the post and bringing it to my attention. In the future, any comments or ideas for improving the site (that are possible within the realms of reality), I'd be happy to consider and implement, but please bring it to my attention via the feedback forum or reporting posts.

Cheers,
moose

Glad it helps! You can thank Steeno for reporting the post and bringing it to my attention. In the future, any comments or ideas for improving the site (that are possible within the realms of reality), I'd be happy to consider and implement, but please bring it to my attention via the feedback forum or reporting posts.

Cheers,
moose

What FB forum?

Not a purchase but a rescue. This was going to be condemned to the dump and I was assured by the previous owner that it was a complete waste of time. Indeed, the electrics didn't work, it wouldn't hold tune or tune at all really and the neck was more like a banana that a banana.

I fixed it. It all works now, holds tune and sounds pretty good for a cheap shitty thing.

Next it need stripping and a change of colour. :rolleyes:

20160226_170720.jpg

Not a purchase but a rescue. This was going to be condemned to the dump and I was assured by the previous owner that it was a complete waste of time. Indeed, the electrics didn't work, it wouldn't hold tune or tune at all really and the neck was more like a banana that a banana.

I fixed it. It all works now, holds tune and sounds pretty good for a cheap shitty thing.

Next it need stripping and a change of colour. :rolleyes:

View attachment 96246

Well done, looks great. Way to leave no guitar behind!

Ahem, they're still HUGE pictures.

That the browser and/or site scales them for you doesn't make them any smaller in actual size. For those of us with less than super speedy broadband and/or limited bandwith, downloading your 2MB+ shaky snapshot can be a royal pain.

Downscale your pictures guys. If you don't have a proper program to do it, open it up in Paint, use the magnifying glass to make it fit on a screen, and screen grab it. It'll look exactly the same and be about the 10th of the size and more people will see it because it'll load quicker and we won't get bored waiting.

If Ghost was here he'd explain it to you better. Save those 1s and 0s. The world will thank you.

Thanks in advance.:D:thumbs up:

All of the pics after this "fix" look tiny to me now, and I have to click on them to see them regular sized. Is that the idea? Is that how it's supposed to work in here now? I never had a problem with the pics before.

All of the pics after this "fix" look tiny to me now, and I have to click on them to see them regular sized. Is that the idea? Is that how it's supposed to work in here now? I never had a problem with the pics before.

I think so. You get a thumbnail view now and then have to click it to see the full image. I never had an issue before either.

That's exactly what RAMI was referring to in another thread. Specifically he mentioned how all other forums show pics at smaller sizes/thumbnails then clicking to enlarge (unless I misunderstood).

I'm happy to change it back, but would prefer to get a general consensus before doing so. In general, most of the feedback I've received since the change has been positive.

Personally, I think that clicking to enlarge is much less of a burden than scrolling past gigantic photos to get to the next post in a thread. At least now users have the option of deciding to see huge pics or not.

For those of you who both agree and disagree, feel free to chime in and I'll make a final decision based on your feedback

I'm totally fine with it. I like not having to see pics in full size that I don't give a shit about anyway. I was just wondering if that's how it's supposed to be now, or if something was wonky again.

Back