Post your latest purchase!

Don't, Greg. No electric guitar is worth that amount of money. The most I've ever paid for an electric guitar is £600 and it's easily the worst of my guitars. Besides, it's an absolutely minging silverburst.

After writing all this I realised I'm wasting my time. If anybody tells you NOT to buy it and provides numerous excellent reasons why you shouldn't, it's absolutely nailed on that you're going to buy the thing. I hope you're both very happy together. :D

Jeebus Crisp, I just noticed that the intonation isn't even roughed in! Three grand and it isn't even roughly set up.

They'll do the setup right there. New strings, set up to my liking, blah blah. I played it today. Even with no kind of setup it was pretty sweet. They're trying to get rid of it because they aren't carrying Gibsons anymore.

They'll do the setup right there. New strings, set up to my liking, blah blah. I played it today. Even with no kind of setup it was pretty sweet. They're trying to get rid of it because they aren't carrying Gibsons anymore.

You should buy two of them in case you wear the first one out.

Cheers! :)

You should buy two of them in case you wear the first one out.

Nah after sleeping on it I think I'm gonna pass unless they can come down even more. I don't need that thing. It's a luxury, not a necessity. I like my Gold Top better anyway. I'm starting to GAS for something else anyway....that GTO sitting my garage needs to get rolling again.

They aren't all gutted like that though. They're usually heavy, like 9-10 pounds. This one is a weirdo. Most of the historic reissues are pretty bad ass. But not a lightweight R8. That's just crazy.
I actually love the chambered pauls.
They feel very different since they're so light and I likes it!

The chambers also affect the tonality and resonance and I like that too.
But 4500 bucks? No thanks .... also ... 2900 bucks?
No thanks!
:D

I didn't buy it, but my friend Mike just bought a Focusrite 430MKII. Amazing piece. We spent 10 hours playing with the 50 knobs and buttons yesterday and recording samples and settings.

Got this UBS microscope for looking closely at a molded composite part I'm working on. It's cool to be able to snap off a close shot like this and then send it via e-mail for someone to reference. I'm always amazed by the things that are commonplace today that weren't even CONCEIVABLE 40 years ago. That microscope was about $40...lol. 3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg

I could use one of those for my penor!

Strike 1. Why, if reality is such, would you then want a picture to prove it?

Strike 2. Think about instant fame in the age of the internet. Think Weiner.

Strike 3. You're out...because once that's out there, suicide really is the only option....unless you're a politician. :)

You got the Dean! I assume it sounds amazing? That's not a piezo model, is it?
Didn't get it yet, but it's on the way. I have my fingers crossed, as buying online always comes wth a risk. The upside is MF has a pretty good return policy. 30 days, full refund, no questions asked.

Yes, it's a piezo pickup with preamp.

Strike 1. Why, if reality is such, would you then want a picture to prove it?

Strike 2. Think about instant fame in the age of the internet. Think Weiner.

Strike 3. You're out...because once that's out there, suicide really is the only option....unless you're a politician. :)

:confused:

This is my Penor.

242305253_PyDSb-L.jpg

My latest purchase, for my latest build. A Jay Turser strat style neck.
I can't make my own necks! :(

Attachments

• turser.jpg
    turser.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 39
Back