Post your latest purchase!

What is that? It reminds me of this:

candy4.jpg

Lol

Its cubase on the ipad...gotta find something to keep me occupied while the wee ones wrecking the place :)

Lol. That's cool. Technology is amazing. So how do you monitor with that?

I have a bluetooth speaker...seriously we are spoiled for shit nowadays, unbelievable. I still havent taken my stuff out of storage...got a drum machine on my dining room table...two synths and a drum machine in the den, two ipads lying in the living room...and thats just what I travelled with.

But I havent listened to anything in the clinic or played anything for ages as shes starting to walk...when I say walk I mean run into things. No nanny here only manny just now :)

My latest purchase: A Fender strat body.

I've had a Fender neck sitting around for a few years. The neck is a 50's vintage re-issue--all maple, with the darker, almost butterscotch finish. I bought it for a project but it didn't fit the neck pocket right, so I bought a different one and hung on to this one. For me, the sunburst Strats just say "vintage"--it's what I think of as a 50's/early 60's Strat.

So I bought this 'burst body (the cell phone pic ain't great, but it really is a 3-color burst--there's a good band of red after the black). It's a real Fender (also a vintage re-issue, so the neck fits the pocket perfectly), but it's a factory reject. The four screw holes in the neck pocket are way off. So I've got to do the old drill 'em out and fill 'em with dowels trick. I hope to get to that tonight.

strat_body.jpg

Big-ass GE reefer to replace the 20-year-old Kenmore.

Not necessarily fun but it makes the wife happy and that's what counts. ;)

That is what counts, indeed!

Oh yeah.

She picked it out, bought it, scheduled the delivery, went to storage to get the big-ass Igloo cooler, cleaned everything out of the old fridge, and stocked the new one.

All I had to do was hand over a paycheck. :thumbs up:

My latest purchase: A Fender strat body.

I've had a Fender neck sitting around for a few years. The neck is a 50's vintage re-issue--all maple, with the darker, almost butterscotch finish. I bought it for a project but it didn't fit the neck pocket right, so I bought a different one and hung on to this one. For me, the sunburst Strats just say "vintage"--it's what I think of as a 50's/early 60's Strat.

So I bought this 'burst body (the cell phone pic ain't great, but it really is a 3-color burst--there's a good band of red after the black). It's a real Fender (also a vintage re-issue, so the neck fits the pocket perfectly), but it's a factory reject. The four screw holes in the neck pocket are way off. So I've got to do the old drill 'em out and fill 'em with dowels trick. I hope to get to that tonight.

View attachment 87907

Nice. Guitarfetish has all kinds of leftovers from a close-out deal. Necks, bodies etc.

What's up with that? I guess I haven't been paying attention or reading the right threads, but I thought you were a Mosrite guy. Or maybe I just assumed that because of your affinity for the Ramones.

What's up with that? I guess I haven't been paying attention or reading the right threads, but I thought you were a Mosrite guy. Or maybe I just assumed that because of your affinity for the Ramones.

I have a Hallmark 60 Custom Mosrite clone. I do obviously love the Ramones and Johnny played a Mosrite, but my first taste of Mosrite guitars came from listening to my dad's Ventures albums. I love surf rock. The Mosrite shape is the sexiest guitar ever made.

Nice additions!

Thanks dude. :)

In case yall couldn't tell, that's an Angus Young signature SG. I'm not typically a fan of any kind of signature gear, but I love this one. And I aint gonna lie, the silly lightning bolt inlays make me happy. :D

I may well be following you down that path for my personal setup. For one studio I work in (which you visited) I just bought the Brainworx bx_digital V2.

That looks good too. I am likely going to get the FabFilter Pro Q now. I think I could really benefit from the M/S eq thing. Plus it all gets cheaper once you buy one plug. 40% off the Pro Q to be exact.

BTW, hit me up before you purchase any Fab stuff. They have a discount code for referring which also gives me credit.

Copied from my account page:

'Tell a friend about FabFilter plug-ins... and save even more

Would you like to save even more money on your next purchase? Maybe even get a plug-in for free? Then just spread the word! Your friends will get a 10% discount on any FabFilter plug-in or bundle. And for each friend who places an order within two months, you will receive $14 credit which you can spend on any future purchase via your account.

Mail a friend now'

Oh, and I'll be up in Boulder again here in a few weeks. I'll hit you up and we do lunch again. :)

Back