Political News of the Day

A question for those who lean left (not fall down), why is it that all over the western world it seems like they hate the working class? That is the feeling I get.

Have y'all taken a look at our tax structure in the 50s?

Edit: I guess I assumed y'all were American, which is not a given, clearly. I was talking about the US tax structure, to be clear.
I just did. So there has been a 10% decrease on the wealthiest .1%, about 258,000 of them

France's new left government is proposing to tax people who make more than 400K EU 90%.

I understand taxing people who make more, more, but 90%, really?
We had that in the uk from a previous Labour government.
Was it 93% or was it 97%?
I'm sure Grim will tell us.

The graph is interesting (if it’s accurate idk) but you can follow peaks and valleys relating to world events and even changes in Pres admins.

The graph is interesting (if it’s accurate idk) but you can follow peaks and valleys relating to world events and even changes in Pres admins.

Notice that taxes dropped around 1962. That's because JFK cut taxes significantly, because he was the first President to employ "trickle down" economics, and it worked!!
Reagan didn't invent trickle-down, he just rehashed JFK's idea and it worked again in the 80's and 90's. When you give the people a tax break, they spend more money, which, in turn, creates more revenue from sales taxes and business earnings. Business owners will hire more people, creating more and more jobs. Everyone thrives, especially middle class families. But, the elitists don't want an empowered middle class. That's the main reason why they hate Trump, because he wants everyone to have the opportunity to do better. Making more millionaires means more people nipping at the heels of the super rich. That's why they fund the left, because the left does everything they can to stymie future competition.

Notice that taxes dropped around 1962. That's because JFK cut taxes significantly, because he was the first President to employ "trickle down" economics, and it worked!!
Reagan didn't invent trickle-down, he just rehashed JFK's idea and it worked again in the 80's and 90's. When you give the people a tax break, they spend more money, which, in turn, creates more revenue from sales taxes and business earnings. Business owners will hire more people, creating more and more jobs. Everyone thrives, especially middle class families. But, the elitists don't want an empowered middle class. That's the main reason why they hate Trump, because he wants everyone to have the opportunity to do better. Making more millionaires means more people nipping at the heels of the super rich. That's why they fund the left, because the left does everything they can to stymie future competition.
That’s the theory. Where’s the evidence? If it works, why is wealth disparity continuing to increase, with the middle class you mentioned doing worse over time since 1970?

Attachments

• IMG_0254.jpeg
    IMG_0254.jpeg
    284.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Biden has set an interview with Lester Holt this coming Monday at 9pm. At least he is giving face time lately and not cowering inside letting the brown clown do his speaking for him so respect him for that. My guess is that it won’t be live, though.

I saw in the headlines where George Clooney is saying Biden should step down. Who the hell is George Clooney? He isn't even that good of an actor, to give advice on politics? How bizarre, how bizarre.

I saw in the headlines where George Clooney is saying Biden should step down. Who the hell is George Clooney? He isn't even that good of an actor, to give advice on politics? How bizarre, how bizarre.
He is one of the leading $$$$$$$$ donors to the DNC. So he’s not asking for his money back but has an investment in who it goes to support.

I just heard this: Biden is going to give a live press conference tonight at 6:30. Teleprompters, pre-vetted questions and answers I’m sure but it will air live.

Back