Political News of the Day

How about if we just vote Trump?
A majority of Americans haven't/don't want a Trump victory Biden rematch. Myself included. Biden hasn't dropped out yet, but the well of $$$ into his campaign is rapidly drying up. When the well of $$$ goes dry, so will his re-election efforts, regardless of Mrs Dr Jill Biden's desires to protect Joe.....and Hunter. Nurse Jill daily dresses Joe. She ties his shoes. Feeds him his daily regiment of pills. She's such a good wife!

The Dems created this entire mess when they nominated Joe and Kamala. And now, the Dems are struggling/trying to figure out a way to un-nominate Joe. That's the easy part. The hard part for the Dems is ridding themselves of Kamala Harris.

He will just say Trump will leave NATO, blah blah, blah. Threat to democracy, blah, blah, blah. And then a pause, then blah, blah, 'look' - actually say 'pause', blah, blah, blah...
Yup. That is what it will be. Except he will beg for money because the US is the major sugar daddy and he’s taking heat for it…rightfully so.

The gaslighting continues. VoTiNg DeMOcRaT iS ThE OnLY wAY tO SaVE TeH RePUbLiCZ!!!111!!
It really has come that, hasn’t it? fear mongering and Trump being and evil facist and Biden able to serve another 4.5 years to Kamala being an able and competent POTUS if Biden were not able to serve the last 3 months of a ‘24-‘28 term. It’s funny but really depressing to know this is a real thing in some people’s minds. Not saying they are bad people just wondering if they are survivors of Heaven’s Gate that drank the diluted batch of kool-aid. Some intelligent brains in here but how can someone get so furiously caught up where it becomes obsessively blind?

I speak truths and acknowledge ever Trump fact, and may entertain some of the non-fact allegations here and there. But how how HOW can the truth be sitting so clearly before a group that so vehemently denies the clear common sense, deflects obvious facts, then attacks in defense.

But how how HOW can the truth be sitting so clearly before a group that so vehemently denies the clear common sense, deflects obvious facts, then attacks in defense.
It is called the human condition, or the clamour of many voices. I would estimate that we've all been through it at least once in our lives.

Putin isn't a fool. He's waging a WWII style of warfare with boots on the ground, tanks, and missiles, short of going all nuclear in the Ukraine. Putin knows damn well that if he ever goes nuclear it'll be the end of him, the Kremlin, and the entirety of Russia. Should that ever happen, China, Iran, and North Korea would reassess their political and economic positions.

power went out so missed most of it 😡😡😡

But the good news is it was a fucking WICKED storm! We don’t get the magenta colors that often but could’ve guessed there was circulation with the winds. It was intense. WiFi and power back up. I got shocked while while putting a spoon in the chicken pan that I’m steering with Mojo marinade and onions. Didn’t expect that but it happened.

IMG_1311.jpeg

Last edited:
Since you bring up allegory, I am sincerely interested in the method you go about when determining what is allegorical and what is factual in the bible.....how do you decide which to believe as fact and which you don't?
Are you sure you want me to answer this, given that the last time we had any discourse {in March of last year}, I gave very long, detailed and nuanced replies to points you had made and your response to them was:
While I appreciate you taking the time to go back and provide thoughtful responses to these earlier posts, these said responses make it exceptionally clear to me that we're not operating on the same principles of logic. Therefore, I don't see the need to continue the discussion. Best regards.
I'm happy to answer your questions but not if they're not in the genuine quest for actual answers.

Was able to catch the end of Marco Rubio at the Trump rally down south en Miami. It was good and he made great points about the anti-Trump cult.

Putin isn't a fool. He's waging a WWII style of warfare with boots on the ground, tanks, and missiles, short of going all nuclear in the Ukraine. Putin knows damn well that if he ever goes nuclear it'll be the end of him, the Kremlin, and the entirety of Russia. Should that ever happen, China, Iran, and North Korea would reassess their political and economic positions.
^^^THIS^^^

Are you sure you want me to answer this, given that the last time we had any discourse {in March of last year}, I gave very long, detailed and nuanced replies to points you had made and your response to them was:

I'm happy to answer your questions but not if they're not in the genuine quest for actual answers.
Ahhh ... thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realize that was you.

Unless you just want to give very succinct answers, like "Yes I believe Noah was factual, I don't believe Job was, I do believe Moses' story," etc., then I guess we don't need to get into it.

It's just not the medium for it - much easier in person.

I have a Christian friend that I played music with for a long time - very good friend that I keep in touch with (he's still in TX, and I've moved up to Milwaukee) mostly via Marco Polo. We talk music stuff 95% of the time, but occasionally we discuss religion. It's always pretty short-lived, though, because I'll usually ask a question that I think should be fairly easy to answer, only to come back and find that he's left three or four messages that are each 20 or 30 minutes long. By the time I've watched them all, the discussion has already derailed past the point of salvaging it, and I'm already exhausted by it. If I had been in person, I could have cut him off many times when he started to veer off track from what I had intended.

^^^THIS^^^
I agree with ‘60s and you for agreeing with him. Putin has limits on using Nuclear weapons but no limits on ground troops, Air Force, or any conventional warfare. Ukraine is on the defensive but Russia with ground troop advantage and full-on war resources unimpeded will win this war. Ukraine has a shitload of weapons at their disposal to counter, but it’s like two boxers in a ring with one having a hand tied behind his back.

The only conceivable strategy is that Putin runs short financially (which cost is always a factor), and then is negotiated down to taking the east sectors. There is still the Nord Stream pipeline as a chess piece that can be moved as well. But if Putin goes all in, there is no way this war will be won without troops on the ground against Russia. Their military is just too powerful for this little conflict. That’s just a fact.

Last edited:
I agree with ‘60s and you for agreeing with him. Putin has limits on using Nuclear weapons but no limits on ground troops, Air Force, or any conventional warfare. Ukraine is on the defensive but Russia with ground troop advantage and full-on war resources unimpeded will win this war. Ukraine has a shitload of weapons at their disposal to counter, but it’s like two boxers in a ring with one having a hand tied behind his back.
Russia keeps sending meat waves that get wiped out. That cannot last.

Russia will prevail in this one. Ever play Axis and Allies board game? As-is, Ukraine will fall. It’s just a matter of numbers and military and without an equal counter offensive, the numbers just don’t work. I’d like to believe they do as much as you do Dave, but it’s simple math.

Meat waves? If Putin considers his soldiers to be nothing more than meat wave...that's on him. It also proves that Putin could care less about the fathers and mothers in Russia who have lost their sons in support of his desire to redraw the Russian map.

The UK needs another Churchill.
The U.S. needs another Truman.
The remaining entirety of NATO countries are in dire need of adult supervision.

Meat waves? If Putin considers his soldiers to be nothing more than meat wave...that's on him. It also proves that Putin could care less about the fathers and mothers in Russia who have lost their sons in support of his desire to redraw the Russian map.

The UK needs another Churchill.
The U.S. needs another Truman.
The remaining entirety of NATO countries are in dire need of adult supervision.
Yes. Putin sends meat waves of untrained, poorly equipped newbies. And they get wiped out every day.

Dave,!it is an unwinnable war unless there is the adavantages of mobilized NATO forces in an all-out war. That is not going to happen.

I really really am the personality type that wants the princess to find true love in her destiny. It just isn’t going to happen in this war and our involvement and pushing it is just pissing the evil King off worse.

Back