Our future?

There’s already a pandemic treaty, but starting on the 22 of this month they’re having a conference to discuss amendments to establish what dictatorial powers they have.

There will always be a large group of non-conformists that have not been taken into account.
Yes... with our guitar collections, hot rods, bikes, and 2nd Amendment items.
I have just 4 words for anyone who tries to take these things away.... "Come and get it" 8-)

Reactions: TAE
Look towards the future
Hope for the best
Look towards the future
And hope we past the test
Peace and Harmony
Are the only thing that makes sense to me

I'm not the kind of guy
To sit and wonder why
In my head there is no doubt
No one knows what it's all about
Or what it is

Look towards the future
Hope for the best
Look towards the future

Good luck, Bill, with eliminating the common cold.
Ya know by now ya would think we would have / should have right? I mean we put a man on the freeking moon...sheesh! a tiny little microscopic bug that just keeps on dishing out the sniffles and hacking on us perpetually until the end of time. I HATE WHEN I GET A COLD!

It starts slow. Carrier offers phone with plan. You never really own it

One day photoshop moves to a subscription based system. You no longer own but rent

Music goes to streaming, don’t own that. Just pay a monthly rental fee.

Protools goes to subscription

Movies go to streaming .

While it may be convenient to not have a box of CDs or DVDs that you own, little by little one gets used to not owning anything.

Conditioning.

And then one day you’ll own nothing, even the clothes in your back.

But someone will own it. Just not you.

So, who owns it??

I’m getting old. Friends are dying and the really common hassle is ownership of goods. My son and wife want me to itemise all my gear with its paper value and the real value if they sell it. Lots they don’t even know what it is! I’m beginning to think ownership is pointless and just creates problems when you’ve gone. One of my bass guitars cost a lot. Another very little. I like the cheap one and put up with the other. Real value to me is reversed! How can anyone value anything nowadays with a new fad or flavour of the month wrecking things. I’d happily rent rather than buy.

I’m getting old. Friends are dying and the really common hassle is ownership of goods. My son and wife want me to itemise all my gear with its paper value and the real value if they sell it. Lots they don’t even know what it is! I’m beginning to think ownership is pointless and just creates problems when you’ve gone. One of my bass guitars cost a lot. Another very little. I like the cheap one and put up with the other. Real value to me is reversed! How can anyone value anything nowadays with a new fad or flavour of the month wrecking things. I’d happily rent rather than buy.
There is nothing stopping you do that now. But when somebody's idealism takes away peoples choice to do that and similar, that's different.

Last edited:
That is weak.

I still have the same guitar equipment at 50 that i had a 18. Same bass. I changed the recording medium.

ADA made the best amplifiers. If you lived the era and the music. It was the best. No reason to upgrade. No where to upgrade to. MP-2 with a EL-34 and 2x 1960 4x12's

Flavors...Ok, I got a few preamps of the late 80's early 90's. The BIG 'K' is one i like. CAE 3+. Who makes anything that good now? That nice?

How about a Lee Jackson GP? I never saw circuit tracings that thick..

Guitars they already did 10000x better than today.

Look towards the future
Hope for the best
Look towards the future
Peace and Harmony
Are the only thing that makes sense to me

I'm not the kind of guy
To sit and wonder why
In my head there is no doubt
No one knows what it's all about
Or what it is

Look towards the future
Hope for the best
Look towards the future
The weird thing about life is that it gives you the test first and the lesson afterwards.

That is mental. Surely someone in a service station would have the knowledge to bypass or install 3rd party equipment?
Then your breaking laws. That's how they do it. Law first then service subscription shoved up your ass. Did you know it is a criminal offense to not pay your garbage bill in many communities? Even if no one lives on the property you own. Same thing.

I'm not sure we have a homelessness problem as much as we have a bum and junkie problem.
Actually neither. Between 2012 and 2020 we lived on the streets of Skid Row. There really was a homeless probably. I prepared hundreds of cases for people that were illegally evicted so that slumlords could raise the rent. Our apartment in DTLA went from $575 a month in 2011 to $3000 a month by 2016.

Those homeless cases were legit, but every single homeless person disappeared before they had a chance to get to court.

Today the streets of DTLA are filled with gang criminals. Yes they live on the streets without homes, but it isn't the same thing.

Back